• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber is Going IPO whats in it for drivers.

Nashuber1

Uber is worth $120 billion and I guess all the investors are going to get rich. But the true hardwork put in by drivers is the main reason for this IPO. What do drivers get for the loyalty they put in for Uber.
Its time for Uber to reward drivers and put the driver partners in the IPO equation. What do you think?

MoreTips

What they should do and what they will do are two different things. Giving drivers a micro fraction of a share per ride (over a certain # of rides) completed would be a goodwill gesture that they could spin into multiple commercials and articles. I just don't see it happening, they are in talks with the SEC trying to figure out a way to trade stock to drivers instead of actual payment. Watch out for that.

https://www.axios.com/uber-asks-sec-to-let-it-give-equity-to-drivers-1539296399-4594e4e4-727f-4fae-873e-58df1ebd20d9.html

polar2017

Uber is worth $120 billion and I guess all the investors are going to get rich. But the true hardwork put in by drivers is the main reason for this IPO. What do drivers get for the loyalty they put in for Uber.
Its time for Uber to reward drivers and put the driver partners in the IPO equation. What do you think?
New trade dress I hope.
Something similar to this font - uBEr
2nd guess is bumber stickers
Little turd photo with uBEr pool
3rd is a Loyalty poster with photos of our peers in the customer support offices next to a sign that reads rate cuts = more rides = increased earnings.

Jon77

Uber doesn’t owe the drivers anything.
There are almost no original drivers with somewhere between 50 to 95% turnover per year .
Whenever I was a passenger in an Uber I always wondered how come the drivers were always recently hired .
I thought the company was just growing so quickly.
Now I know why the majority of its workforce is so new and inexperienced .

The only way to save this sinking ship would be for Uber and Lyft to merge.
That would allow them to raise the prices but then the question is since the bus crowded already got used to paying a private chauffeur bus prices ,what happens if those people realize they now will have to pay dirt cheap taxi rates instead of what they got used to.
Will they still be using Uber when ‘ i’ll tip you in the app‘ does not work anymore.

SEAL Team 5

Pssssst, I'll give you a hint of how to make Uber worthless.

STOP DRIVING FOR UBER!!!

How much do you think Uber would be worth if no one drove for Uber?

How much profit does McDonald pay their burger flippers for their $104 billion worth?
Pretty damn well.

McDonald's Corporation Profit Sharing and Savings Plan is a defined contribution plan with a profit-sharing component, stock bonus component, 401k feature, and leveraged ESOP component. This plan has a BrightScope Rating of 59. This plan is in the top 15% of plans for Account Balances and Total Plan Cost.

steveK2016

STOP DRIVING FOR UBER!!!

How much do you think Uber would be worth if no one drove for Uber?

Pretty damn well.

McDonald's Corporation Profit Sharing and Savings Plan is a defined contribution plan with a profit-sharing component, stock bonus component, 401k feature, and leveraged ESOP component. This plan has a BrightScope Rating of 59. This plan is in the top 15% of plans for Account Balances and Total Plan Cost.
Burger flippers are contributing to their 401k?

911 Guy

Learn how to trade options this holiday season.

UberLyftFlexWhatever

We are disposable non employees
which Uber doesn’t even like, nor respect, nor need for more than 3 months

What are u expecting? Flowers & Candy

If history dictates we will just get :punch:kicked in the nutz :punch:again
And continue to drive uber’s Clients
:happy: While an endless line of newbies wait to sign up :playful:

STOP DRIVING FOR UBER!!!
That’s a non starter.
  • What about the thousands of newbies signing up Everyday ?
  • The retirees that don’t care about fares, as long as there’s something to do.
  • The housewifes and dads that drive for 5 hours a day while kids in school
  • The part timers (like me) that only use Uber’s DF to and from our FT jobs so we can deduct the commuting expense.

Uber ain’t a FT job, it was never meant to be
It’s low skill low wage ground transportation
Same as it’s been since the Horse & Buggy.
It’s a gig
Not a living

Manage your expectations of a crap gig

SEAL Team 5

Burger flippers are contributing to their 401k?
Yea, most people do contribute. What McDonald's does is match employee contributions with regards to length of employment. Usually referred to as a vested employee. I guess you missed the part about profit sharing and stock bonuses.

The part timers (like me) that only use Uber’s DF to and from our FT jobs so we can deduct the commuting expense.​
Be very careful with doing that. Your normal everyday necessary commute miles are not deductible. Only the miles you stray from your normal route and the miles you have a pax in the vehicle. The IRS views that as you must make that trip regardless if the destination filter is on or not.

There was a forum member last year that stated he deducted $22,000 as a business loss with Uber because he lived far from his job and put his destination filter on every day to and from work. Uber Tax Pro and myself questioned his tactics. He stated his accountant told him it was ok. Haven't heard a word from that member since.

UberLyftFlexWhatever

Yea, most people do contribute. What McDonald's does is match employee contributions with regards to length of employment. Usually referred to as a vested employee. I guess you missed the part about profit sharing and stock bonuses.

Be very careful with doing that. Your normal everyday necessary commute miles are not deductible. Only the miles you stray from your normal route and the miles you have a pax in the vehicle. The IRS views that as you must make that trip regardless if the destination filter is on or not.

There was a forum member last year that stated he deducted $22,000 as a business loss with Uber because he lived far from his job and put his destination filter on every day to and from work. Uber Tax Pro and myself questioned his tactics. He stated his accountant told him it was ok. Haven't heard a word from that member since.
I don’t have an accountant. I have a CPA