Uber is drumming up some morning drivers it seems!

LevelX

Anyone read this weeks, weekly uberX update!?

I had a bit of a LOL.... So uber wants us to driver in the morning between 5-9am, cause this is a high earning time? Oh really..... or is it maybe there isn't many drivers, so more jobs for drivers or maybe its the loooong pings from a lack of drivers that result in surges? :smiles:

If Uber is saying abc, then its more like xyz. Plus a $300 bonus to a single driver..... seems the opposite is true to the message. Uber is short on drivers, and needs more. Oh Fuber, why lie to us!

Anyhow here is the email

Did you know that one of the highest earning times to drive is during the morning commutes?

Drivers between 5 am and 9 am during the week average nearly double the fares per hour than drivers who drive in the afternoon and evening during the week.

unnamed.png

This week, we will give away $300 to a driver during the morning commute. For every trip you complete between 5am and 9am next week (Monday-Friday), you will get an entry into the draw.

LevelX

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agreed if Uber says better/more etc the it's normally not.

So I'm guessing tomorrow morning will be a crap morning as every man and his dog will be out online now!

NickyBoy

I'm sure lots of drivers will now log on coz uber said $$$$ & then all they will get is 20+ min pick ups to drive someone 1 km to the train station...

Tom2828

Agreed if Uber says better/more etc the it's normally not.

So I'm guessing tomorrow morning will be a crap morning as every man and his dog will be out online now!
Better work until 5 and after 9 few days until drivers will understand Sara is bulshit them

sporadic

Unfortunately, herd mentality... Easy to see it surge in the morning. Some might be smart and put on a destination filter if they're headed to work.

I'm sure lots of drivers will now log on coz uber said $$$$ & then all they will get is 20+ min pick ups to drive someone 1 km to the train station...

Graham J

4:30am is my starting time on the weekdays I head out. The hours suit me as I can get home by early afternoon to do my "real work" but is it profitable and busy (the two are not always the same)? Honestly it is so random, some mornings can be non-stop with airport runs, people going to work who have slept in and other mornings nothing happens until after 6:30. I've hardly seen a surge in months so nothing here for the surge hounds and I am seeing long ping times even within the CBD. (Collingwood to Collins Street, Carlton to Port Melbourne to name a few)????? So really folks unless the early hours suit you then I wouldn't bother. Yes and we are all in violent agreement that when you get an Email from Uber telling you how good something is you had better head for the hills

joffie

This morning I was in Glen Waverley and got a ping 25 min away in Hawthorn !!!!!!

I accepted and he cancelled.. thank god.

Mightymong

Goodness! Hawthorn from Glen Wav? Trust me it would have taken you at least 30 minutes and by then you would have been a perfect 1* :smiles::smiles:

joffie

Yeah how dumb are they?? No way I am the closest car and I don't even think it was a surge job. Of course I was right in the middle of the surge.
Yet they expect us to take the job, drive to customer pay tolls and he was only going to Melbourne ($15 fare max).
They are really effed in the Melbourne office expecting drivers to do these ridiculous jobs and penalized for not doing them.

joffie

I already had a mini ban and rejected 2 jobs.. if i ignored this would of been timed out again!!!
So accepted... :biggrin:
Luv how uber is also screwing the clients with 25 min pick up times. I am sure he could of hailed a taxi!!!!

LevelX

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fair enough..... I normally just take the mini ban and move on. The risk of the pax 'waiting' is too great! Sometimes they do :rolleyes:

whyza

...had a few really p.....off riders,fuber might start losing customers if fuber does not lift its game..Got barred first for 2 minutes,then 30 minutes and after saddled with a few drunks for a $6.40 run.Started drinking myself....;-)))))))))

sporadic

30 minutes? SHEEEET.

...had a few really p.....off riders,fuber might start losing customers if fuber does not lift its game..Got barred first for 2 minutes,then 30 minutes and after saddled with a few drunks for a $6.40 run.Started drinking myself....;-)))))))))

whyza

I reckon that it depends on who is sitting in the front of the computer in fuber office.It was pinging one after the others trying to make me accept ridicules jobs even repeating them..Some "little H" was playing little games...;-),luckily I do not do fuber full time...;-)))).SHEEEEEET happens.

joe83

For my limited experience, mornings are a complete waste of time and money.

Drive 10+mins for a 5min job.

Literally not worth getting out of bed for the amount we are paid.

joffie

YEAH like in the middle of a surge yet getting jobs 20 min away no surge... F U UBER

got myself 3 time outs this morning.

UXDriver

Surge looks great on the map
But unlikely to get good trips anymore

Traffic is not your friend