Uber Drivers Forum banner

Uber is drumming up some morning drivers it seems!

2K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  LevelX 
#1 ·
Anyone read this weeks, weekly uberX update!?

I had a bit of a LOL.... So uber wants us to driver in the morning between 5-9am, cause this is a high earning time? Oh really..... or is it maybe there isn't many drivers, so more jobs for drivers or maybe its the loooong pings from a lack of drivers that result in surges? :)

If Uber is saying abc, then its more like xyz. Plus a $300 bonus to a single driver..... seems the opposite is true to the message. Uber is short on drivers, and needs more. Oh Fuber, why lie to us!

Anyhow here is the email

Did you know that one of the highest earning times to drive is during the morning commutes?

Drivers between 5 am and 9 am during the week average nearly double the fares per hour than drivers who drive in the afternoon and evening during the week.

Colorfulness Rectangle Font Parallel Slope

This week, we will give away $300 to a driver during the morning commute. For every trip you complete between 5am and 9am next week (Monday-Friday), you will get an entry into the draw.

See less See more
#7 ·
4:30am is my starting time on the weekdays I head out. The hours suit me as I can get home by early afternoon to do my "real work" but is it profitable and busy (the two are not always the same)? Honestly it is so random, some mornings can be non-stop with airport runs, people going to work who have slept in and other mornings nothing happens until after 6:30. I've hardly seen a surge in months so nothing here for the surge hounds and I am seeing long ping times even within the CBD. (Collingwood to Collins Street, Carlton to Port Melbourne to name a few)????? So really folks unless the early hours suit you then I wouldn't bother. Yes and we are all in violent agreement that when you get an Email from Uber telling you how good something is you had better head for the hills

#10 ·
Yeah how dumb are they?? No way I am the closest car and I don't even think it was a surge job. Of course I was right in the middle of the surge.
Yet they expect us to take the job, drive to customer pay tolls and he was only going to Melbourne ($15 fare max).
They are really effed in the Melbourne office expecting drivers to do these ridiculous jobs and penalized for not doing them.

#16 ·
30 minutes? SHEEEET.

...had a few really p.....off riders,fuber might start losing customers if fuber does not lift its game..Got barred first for 2 minutes,then 30 minutes and after saddled with a few drunks for a $6.40 run.Started drinking myself....;-)))))))))

#17 ·
I reckon that it depends on who is sitting in the front of the computer in fuber office.It was pinging one after the others trying to make me accept ridicules jobs even repeating them..Some "little H" was playing little games...;-),luckily I do not do fuber full time...;-)))).SHEEEEEET happens.

#31 ·
I usually succeed to catch every 2 days some airport with small surge(1.5 or 1.7) it's actually around the non surge rate when uber started...

The days of 120-150$ jobs are over today every 50$ job is really good ( not in base rate).

The only time pp booking surge trips is sat afternoon and late night(I'm not driving late night) because it's surge for 2-3 hours

#34 ·
Surges are crap jobs cause the paxs know that if they wait 5 mins or less it will most likely be gone! So unless they need to go NOW, they won't pay for it or unless its a short trip, a $7 trip at 1.5x becomes a $10.50 trip. meh to most people if they need to be there.

Uber has done this via all this 'flash' surging that comes and goes in a blink of the eye. Paxs have woken up and just wait a few mins.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.