Uber is dead

Kakes

New to the forum but I have been driving for 2 years, how slow it is now is very concerning because of how fast it became so slow, out of nowhere I went from averaging 25/hr plus to about minimum wage. What I don't understand is so many people don't care if they get paid 5 bucks an hour they will still work so basically we are all f*****. It was fun while it lasted but reality of the matter is we all are going to be compensated like cabbies, except were actually paying for our own cars repairs maintenance insurance etc. Until we become unified and start collectively not working or organizing ourselves accordingly the situation will get worse and worse. I rather work one day and make 200$ than work two days for that same amount, only way around this is to do something Uber would never expect the partners to do, organize with each other and limit the amount of vehicles in certain areas at certain times and certain days. I know this is a very farfetched idea that probably won't work because chances of everyone becoming organized is slim to none, but it's worth a try

Deoxlar

If you drove for uber for two years, you would know that you don't get to pick where you go. Even if you start dt, you'll end up all over the gta. If you don't start dt, you'll be there before the end of the night.

The only way to get more business is to stop uber from recruiting more drivers or it doesn't matter what you do.

Kakes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You are right in the sense that you can't control how many cars are where because of being displaced randomly according to pickups and drop offs...But it's just so brutal now, something needs to be done...The recruiting won't stop, so unless we collectively try and come up with a solution to counter this problem it will just get worse and worse

Sergei

Honestly, everyone keeps complaining and nothing is changing.

There are thousands of illegal ubers driving around this city without snow tires, without the required PTC sticker, and possibly driving old cars.

You can keep complaining and watch your earnings drop week by week or you can grow a pair, understand you are not a fellow employee and are your own business, and report these illegal ubers to the city to get them off the road.

https://uberpeople.net/threads/city...d-dec-1-through-april-30.133935/#post-1987490

ChortlingCrison

There are thousands of illegal ubers driving around this city without snow tires, without the required PTC sticker, and possibly driving old cars.

You can keep complaining and watch your earnings drop week by week or you can grow a pair, understand you are not a fellow employee and are your own business, and report these illegal ubers to the city to get them off the road.

https://uberpeople.net/threads/city...d-dec-1-through-april-30.133935/#post-1987490
So you're complaining about them complaining?

ryan137

Doesn't matter, no tickets are being issued at this time, only warnings. That's not a real threat.

Sergei

Doesn't matter, no tickets are being issued at this time, only warnings. That's not a real threat.
Not true. If the plate is reported, the city will request the car to be inspected. They were only issuing warnings in the 1st week of December.

Hannibalb

Uber is garbage, way too many drivers everywhere. It will likely get worse. The average Uber driver is probably making around $6 an hour after all expenses and actual time spent. Lots of people too desperate, stupid or amateurish to care. Organizing is very difficult given the turnover and difficult in gathering. Doesn't mean people shouldn't try to organize though.

The only thing that will change the situation is gov regulation or a superior model like Juno gaining ground. Uber will not reform itself unless forced too...Honestly I don't think they are even capable of it. The best thing that could happen to TNC is the decline of Uber at this point, I do believe this company is destroying itself. However it will take years to play out, no short term solution for drivers

I_Like_Spam

If they aren't making money, and are just sitting around in their cars, people will get bored with Ubering and just give it up sooner or later.

Sure, Uber is still recruiting, but the supply will be burnt through in not a terribly long time.

Once enough people quit, there will be sufficient trips to keep those still on busy.

ryan137

If they aren't making money, and are just sitting around in their cars, people will get bored with Ubering and just give it up sooner or later.

Sure, Uber is still recruiting, but the supply will be burnt through in not a terribly long time.

Once enough people quit, there will be sufficient trips to keep those still on busy.
Also when those 2009 cars get dumped.

Just waiting on that

Tommyabc

Waiting at my spot for 1.5 hour now not a single ping . Im just eating while waiting but it's so slow. Im at the edge of Markham 16 McGowan 8 cars waiting in a radius of 1 km. Lol.

Tommyabc

But the thing is they have plan to roll out automated cars within 5 years. So they probably calculated at this rate it doesn't matter as long as passengers are happy and market expand. They don't need driver in a few years