1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

UBER is cutting rates again

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by dirtylee, Jul 6, 2018.

1. dirtylee

dirtylee

Driving:
    UberX
    Dallas just got knocked down to $0.80/mile & $0.15/minute.

Please update if your city was also adjusted.

Ozzyoz, tohunt4me, eXperiment and 6 others like this.
  2. JimKE

JimKE

I haven't seen anything similar here in Miami -- but our rates are well below yours: $.68/mi - $.0975/minute.

3. JustPayMe

JustPayMe

Driving:
    UberSUV
    that would put you guys below the IRS mileage write off
    so you would not even be able to write off anything

4. Rakos

Rakos

Driving:
    UberXL
    They figured you guys were...

Having too much fun...8>)

Rakos
    langur-monkey_13421_990x742.jpg

5. Ouch. What was it before?

6. JustPayMe

JustPayMe

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Na they just seeing how much they can push the ants down

if they don't stop driving then Gruber will try to cut again in couple months since if no one stops driving they know they can do it

plus with the upfront pricing they not taking any loss in income only the drivers will take more and more loss

7. JimKE

JimKE

The IRS deduction is about 55 cents per mile, so we're well above that. Orlando, however, is very close to the standard deduction. I think they're tied with Detroit for lowest in the US.

8. steveK2016

steveK2016

Driving:
    UberXL
    This is what was sent sent to Dallas Drivers
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. JimKE

JimKE

I'm sorry, I just have a teeny bit of difficulty accepting their estimates.

I keep asking myself this one nagging little question: WHY would Uber do this...if not to reduce driver pay?

10. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    I can now see many Dallas drivers driving well below the posted speed limits, purposely getting stopped at red lights and not using freeways.

11. Nats121

Nats121

It's a PAYCUT from Dara and the rest of the lying scumbags at fuber.

They sent the same "we value your time" notice to the Eats drivers when they changed the payout structure, and the result is a PAYCUT.

You fell right into fuber's trap of quoting GROSS RATES as your "pay rate"

You're NOT getting .80 per mile, you're getting .60 per mile

You're NOT getting .16 (it's .16 not .15) per minute, you're getting .12 per minute

Not only does fuber hold their drivers in contempt, they believe drivers are too inept to do basic math

That would be poor strategy, because even with the "increase" to 12 cents per minute, the driver would be extending their rides at $7.20 per hour, which is less than minimum wage.

Fuber factored that in.

You don't have to ask yourself that question, you already know the answer is that it's a PAYCUT.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  12. 2Cents

2Cents

What do you mean by that?

negeorgia likes this.
  13. Just completed a VIP trip at .60 cents per mile. Uber support had no anaswer. Normally is has been .69.

Lack of communication and changing rates on thr fly is horrible.

Anyone else experienced this?

tohunt4me likes this.
  14. #professoruber

#professoruber

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    The sampling of trips I did are a consistent paycut however the cut is minimal or not as bad as most people are posting. I think on average they will balance out.

It hilarious how drivers let alone seasoned drivers acting like this is some huge paycut. I expect this from newbies but a seasoned driver making multiple posts is asinine especially at the end of th day it’s gonna be a wash.

The biggest difference I saw was in the amount of $3 on a $92 ride. Under the new rates, I would have earned $89. My strategy for any event is turn and burn but under these new rates I will not have an issue with sitting in a little traffic. I may even start the trip after I contact the Rider during events as this usually equates to 10-15 minutes (wait time does not apply as the pin may be somewhere else that is not accessible).

Once the new surge comes into the play, that is the humdinger and the true paycut.

negeorgia, KIAUberXMan and Cary Grant like this.
  15. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    I was wondering how long it would take someone to respond to my post. It's pennies one way or the other.

16. Nats121

Nats121

My point is that unless business is very slow, drivers that deliberately stall will be grossing less than minimum wage for the extra time.

I don't give a fornicate even if the cut is a fraction of a cent, which it isn't, rates are already GARBAGE without this cut.

You want to sit in traffic for less than minimum wage, be my guest.

Jumpin Jim, ABC123DEF, Santa and 6 others like this.
  17. #professoruber

#professoruber

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Damn dude have you ran the numbers. You got your panties in wad.

1. Did you run the numbers on any of your trips or do you read something a make assumptions?

2. If you don’t like the low rates why are you still driving?

3. Back to math, you seem to be fixated on minimum wage and are only looking at the per minute rates and fail to realize sitting in traffic for an hour going 20 miles is going to pay about the same or slightly more.

I don’t like these low rates and when change happens but watching grown men whine like little girls is quite hilarious. The bottom line is that we don’t have control over the rates.

This definitely does not affect me as I don’t depend on Uber income and rarely drive X, but when I do, I am pretty sure the amount I am paid will be similar to what I was paid before so called “rate cut”.

18. Retired Senior

Retired Senior

Driving:
    UberX
    I've had a very busy week... talked to several Pax about what they were paying vs what my take was going to be. The general consensus is that Uber is now taking approx. 50% of what the passenger is paying for the ride.

A few of these people proved to be quite generous with their tips.

19. Nats121

Nats121

Mr. Fuber Fanboy, I don't have to run any numbers.

When fuber makes changes to the pay structure, the bottom line is an overall PAYCUT, period.

Not a cut in every situation, but when all is said and done, it's a cut.

Common sense as well as fuber's history shows that whenever they monkey around with the pay, they get MORE and the drivers get LESS.

They wouldn't go thru all this altering rates crap if they weren't gonna come out ahead.

Why do you give a **** if drivers complain?

Brian G., ABC123DEF, Santa and 7 others like this.
  20. #professoruber

#professoruber

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I can careless that drivers complain. Like I said it’s quite hilarious watching grown men whine like little girls and watching them respond like a bratty millennial.

First and foremost, you have no clue about the Dallas market as I am sure the VA market differs. It seems you have a shallow view and only see a reduction.

I am in the process of downloading my last 100 trips and I will post the actual reduction. Initially I trips where it’s more or less which the greatest was $3 on a $90 trip.