Uber is cheating drivers at Stagecoach.

Sideslippy

Looks like they’re charging pax based on destination. Pax said $20 to festival wasn’t bad, talked about the shuttles costing $190 for weekends. Said shuttles were cheaper than Uber.

Spider-Man

They just did it to me again View attachment 314927
You need to Long Haul "within reason of course" they do upfront pricing and there Betting on you take the most direct route. when you longhaul it switches to Time/Miles . in this case 75.14 maybe you get them around 80$ the pax if you LH correctly. then you'll get 60$ and uber would've got 20$.

From now on, ask every passenger thats more on the Long side where you know its a decent trip How much there paying uber. in this case 75$ "Do math in your Mind" to see what Route you need to take to get it a little over that. and itll switch from UFP TO TM.

zasquas

You need to Long Haul "within reason of course" they do upfront pricing and there Betting on you take the most direct route. when you longhaul it switches to Time/Miles . in this case 75.14 maybe you get them around 80$ the pax if you LH correctly. then you'll get 60$ and uber would've got 20$.

From now on, ask every passenger thats more on the Long side where you know its a decent trip How much there paying uber. in this case 75$ "Do math in your Mind" to see what Route you need to take to get it a little over that. and itll switch from UFP TO TM.
Wrong, best case scenario LH on $80 fare you get 70% at most

Spider-Man

Wrong, best case scenario LH on $80 fare you get 70% at most
what im trying to say LH The 75$ toooooooooooo> 80$. so its forced over from the UF price into time/miles, then it has to be 75/25 like it suppose to be. ? unless you forgot to mention this is XL request then yes it would be 70/30

Aerodrifting

It's flat surge, At Coachella rate you need to long haul 50 miles on a 10 mile trip to make the number you claimed, how are you going to explain to pax by going west on 10 for 25 miles then U turn going east on 10 for another 25 miles?

PacificCoast

You need to Long Haul "within reason of course" they do upfront pricing and there Betting on you take the most direct route. when you longhaul it switches to Time/Miles . in this case 75.14 maybe you get them around 80$ thIe pax if you LH correctly. then you'll get 60$ and uber would've got 20$.

There is so much you can long haul. This is flat amount surge, no matter how much you long haul, UBER is still going to take more than 50%.

Spider-Man

It's flat surge, At Coachella rate you need to long haul 50 miles on a 10 mile trip to make the number you claimed, how are you going to explain to pax by going west on 10 for 25 miles then U turn going east on 10 for another 25 miles?
I was mistaken then. i thought this was a normal long trip "no surge".
Post automatically merged:

There is so much you can long haul. This is flat amount surge, no matter how much you long haul, UBER is still going to take more than 50%.
my only thought i can can think of, when you know its a big trip and there paying this huge surge, you ask to see there phone. you see 75$ and say ill do that on my own Private ride - the tax there not including in that Price. i have used this line a couple of time it works. Not legal but chances are 99% itll work out for you. and its 100% of 75$ on your private deal

Jprime

I ended up staying home last night and I live in the IE and work in OC normally and have been curious how the flat rate surge equates with the multiplier the customer still pays. After the rate drop in LA and OC I've been contemplating working in the IE again but this BS has me pissed. $12 extra for the driver when the customer is getting charged around 3x as much. I guess if it's down the street that's fine but anything over like 6 miles we're getting screwed. These screenshots were taken at the same exact time I just cropped the uber app shot to take my pic out.

Attachments

Last edited:

Iloveuberyay

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Honestly you went out there knowing they do this kind of bs. Stop complaining and just keep driving. That’s all we’re good for. I’m being serious! Uber On!!
Actually I wasn't planning on going. I caught a ride to and from the event. So it wasn't a total disaster. Your suggesting we just bend over?

Screenshot_20190427-103431_Uber Driver.jpg
Screenshot_20190427-103504_Uber Driver.jpg
Screenshot_20190427-103431_Uber Driver.jpg
Screenshot_20190427-103504_Uber Driver.jpg

Last edited:

SMOTY

Actually I wasn't planning on going. I caught a ride to and from the event. So it wasn't a total disaster. Your suggesting we just bend over?
I’m just saying if you’re still out here driving knowing this kind of bs is possible. Don’t be surprised when it happens, you took the ride so just move on otherwise next time don’t take it. That’s all. I totally feel your pain brother it’s tough out here...

You got a ride back?? Nice!

AJellis

I’m just saying if you’re still out here driving knowing this kind of bs is possible. Don’t be surprised when it happens, you took the ride so just move on otherwise next time don’t take it. That’s all. I totally feel your pain brother it’s tough out here...

You got a ride back?? Nice!
just shutup

LAWeasel

I ended up staying home last night and I live in the IE and work in OC normally and have been curious how the flat rate surge equates with the multiplier the customer still pays. After the rate drop in LA and OC I've been contemplating working in the IE again but this BS has me pissed. $12 extra for the driver when the customer is getting charged around 3x as much. I guess if it's down the street that's fine but anything over like 6 miles we're getting screwed. These screenshots were taken at the same exact time I just cropped the uber app shot to take my pic out.
Under normal circumstances (not an event) the threshold will be lower than 6 miles. Here's a receipt from my first ever Charlotte ride earlier in the week, a little over 6 miles. A quick calculation shows the payout is less than a 10% bonus, or 1.1 surge. That's fine for where I was, but will never work in LA traffic or bar close. Forget it. I can only imagine how badly we'd be screwed at events.
20190426_114448.jpg

LAWeasel

Under normal circumstances (not an event) the threshold will be lower than 6 miles. Here's a receipt from my first ever Charlotte ride earlier in the week, a little over 6 miles. A quick calculation shows the payout is less than a 10% bonus, or 1.1 surge. That's fine for where I was, but will never work in LA traffic or bar close. Forget it. I can only imagine how badly we'd be screwed at events. View attachment 315159
And I forgot to mention...
Higher platform drivers get [email protected]@ed in this scam. That same $1.25 I got on XL is what an X driver would get.