• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber is Charging You to Kill Your Car

James Williams

Recently I signed up for Uber. I have a full time job, but I looked at it as a way to make extra cash. Unfortunately maybe I am too logical because when I figured it out, I figured only a fool or a person with very few other options would do this. This isn't an attack. Boils down to simple math and common sense.

With the current rate scaleso you will make $1 or $2 for every mile you drive a Uber passenger.

1 miles = $1

meaning to make 10k you have to drive 10,000 miles. 20k you have to drive 20,000 miles. 50k you have to drive 50,000 miles.

Here is the kicker. For every 10,000 miles you drive on Uber's clock, you might drive another 2,000 or 3,000 off the clock just getting to the passenger.

Most cars are financed 4 to 6 years. Warranties 36,000 to 90,000.

Car maintenence is based on maybe 5,000 and 10,000 mile intervals

Gas prices for those 10,000 miles

And the biggest issue is the depreciation of your car.

That means if you drive casually you are putting 10,000 extra miles a year, full time is most likely 50,000 miles and up.

At that rate you will be paying for a car that isn't worth a fraction of the value, paying to fix a car thats a fraction of your profits, or car break down and you loose your income and car.

Uber has nothing to loose. Only the driver's do.

I will pass......

SEAL Team 5

Recently I signed up for Uber. I have a full time job, but I looked at it as a way to make extra cash. Unfortunately maybe I am too logical because when I figured it out, I figured only a fool or a person with very few other options would do this. This isn't an attack. Boils down to simple math and common sense.

With the current rate scaleso you will make $1 or $2 for every mile you drive a Uber passenger.

1 miles = $1

meaning to make 10k you have to drive 10,000 miles. 20k you have to drive 20,000 miles. 50k you have to drive 50,000 miles.

Here is the kicker. For every 10,000 miles you drive on Uber's clock, you might drive another 2,000 or 3,000 off the clock just getting to the passenger.

Most cars are financed 4 to 6 years. Warranties 36,000 to 90,000.

Car maintenence is based on maybe 5,000 and 10,000 mile intervals

Gas prices for those 10,000 miles

And the biggest issue is the depreciation of your car.

That means if you drive casually you are putting 10,000 extra miles a year, full time is most likely 50,000 miles and up.

At that rate you will be paying for a car that isn't worth a fraction of the value, paying to fix a car thats a fraction of your profits, or car break down and you loose your income and car.

Uber has nothing to loose. Only the driver's do.

I will pass......
But Uber looks at it this way, "You are Paying Uber to Kill Your Car".

stephan

Uber is just a temporary solution for a person who need some money untill to find a real job. To make some benifits it had to be minimum $2 per mile , 25 cent per minute, 25 cents waiting time. I do accept calls 90 percents only if they are 2x and up surge.or 2-3 min away.