1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

UBER is a terrible career decision!

Discussion in 'Advice' started by uberparadise, Sep 10, 2015.

1. uberparadise

uberparadise Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Low Pay, demanding riders, traffic , cops will harass you Ect Ect ..... Tickets for parking, speeding , red light cameras. Your vehicle will die fast. Riders puke , smoke , and trash your vehicle inside and out. Sometimes pay is good , but mostly hardly worth it. Dead end disaster would not even wish this on my worst enemy!

2. merkurfan

merkurfan Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    well... traffic is out of ubers control. Smoking in your car is in YOUR control tell um no smoking or GTFO of your car. Pukers are hard to deal with, photos for your cleaning fee. accept NO TIP from a puker less than 200 dollars because Uber will consider what ever they give you as a cleaning fee. Other than that, I agree with you.

Kim Chi likes this.
  3. uberparadise

uberparadise Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yea I am venting. I am just really frustrated with these stupid rates. Was making way more last fall. Anything and everything happens with this job. It's interesting but a fair pay day would be the right thing to do. I didn't expect the playing field to change midstream.

Kim Chi likes this.
  4. LedHed

LedHed Member

Those are 100% on you. (I'm not discounting your overall frustration)

KGB7 likes this.
  5. merkurfan

Driving:
    UberX
    I get it my man... just make sure you are in control of what goes on in your car.. don't let uber or the pax take control :)

oh.. and apply at Dominos. it pays better and the pizzas don't *****, barf or piss in your car.. and their perfume smells tasty.

6. Uber Kraus

Uber Kraus Well-Known Member

First of all, Uber is not a career.

ca·reer
    kəˈrir/
    noun
    1. 1.
      an occupation undertaken for a significant period of a person's life and with opportunities for progress.
      synonyms: profession, occupation, job, vocation, calling, employment, line, line of work, walk of life, métier
      "a business career"

7. KGB7

KGB7 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Since when Ubering became a career???? :confused:

UberLou likes this.
  8. KGB7

KGB7 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    52911315.jpg

LedHed likes this.
  9. merkurfan

Driving:
    UberX
    When rates where higher, it could have been.

10. UberLou

UberLou Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Part-time supplemental income only! I hate to use this cliché, but "Don't quit your day job!"