Uber IPO Cash payouts

dirtylee

Some drivers will get cash 'appreciation awards.' Here's what that means
From CNN Business' Sara Ashley O"Brien

Uber says it will give one-time cash "appreciation awards" to some of its drivers.
Payments will be based on how many trips drivers have made since they started driving for Uber:
  • $100 for 2,500 trips
  • $500 for 5,000 trips
  • $1,000 for 10,000 trips
  • $10,000 for 20,000 trips
Additionally, drivers must have completed at least one trip this year and be in good standing with the company.
Drivers eligible for the appreciation awards will have the option to buy shares ahead of the IPO.
Lyft also rewarded some top drivers with cash bonuses of $1,000 or $10,000, depending on certain trip thresholds. Drivers had the option to use the money to buy shares in the company as well.

Uberbrent

Ok...if I did the calculations right...if you have 2500 trips they are going to award you an additional 4 cents a trip. Definitely life changing.

ukguydallas

20190411_181714.jpg

I'll take it since I never expect anything from them. But you should get like $1k for every year you complete with them lol

libingbing

#professoruber averages $500 per ride. this is chump change for him.

I will be using the "appreciation for car depreciation awards" to short Uber's stock.

#professoruber

#professoruber averages $500 per ride. this is chump change for him.

I will be using the "appreciation for car depreciation awards" to short Uber's stock.
Don't be hating because you're a full-time driver and has made a career of this! #uberantoftheyear :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Have you ever made $500+, $200+, $100+ on a ride?