• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Introducing "Quiet Mode"

25rides7daysaweek

Just saw that a new feature for PAX will be to tell their driver through their app when requesting when they don't want to talk, what temperature they'd like, and what music they'd like.

I'm okay with this, but I'd like the DRIVER APP to tell PAX a few things FOR ME as well...
They should make it easier to ignore certain types of rides..

MHR

Launching on Uber Black

“Quiet Mode comes as part of a new slate of Rider Preferences features that users can set up before they hail an Uber Black or SUV, but not while waiting for their ride or while in the car. A Bags option lets users signal that they have luggage with them so the driver knows to pull over somewhere they can help load them into the trunk. The Temperature control lets them request the car be warm or cold so drivers know whether to crank the air conditioning.”

Gander36

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Launching on Uber Black

“Quiet Mode comes as part of a new slate of Rider Preferences features that users can set up before they hail an Uber Black or SUV, but not while waiting for their ride or while in the car. A Bags option lets users signal that they have luggage with them so the driver knows to pull over somewhere they can help load them into the trunk. The Temperature control lets them request the car be warm or cold so drivers know whether to crank the air conditioning.”
Ah... The story I saw didn't mention that part.

Munsuta

Quiet mode for me is simply sitting in the back seat. Newsflash... We don't need to talk to riders. Just don't plop down in the front seat a few inches away from me and give the silent treatment. It's wierd. Sit in the back and you may as well be on Mars. Play on your phone.
That's the worst. Why are you sitting in the front seat bro, just to be quiet. This is why I pull my front seat ALLL the way forward and tip the seat in and hang my bag from the head rest. I'll be happy to let someone sit up front if there isn't space in the back or if they get car sick but other than those two reasons you get your awkward ass in the back.

Jake Air

Elaine: I'm going to have to be honest with you. I'm going deaf.
Driver: Going deaf?
Elaine: What?
Driver: Oh I'm sorry.
Elaine: It can be very frustrating.
Driver: Hey what about a hearing aid?
Elaine: Am I fearing AIDS? Oh, yeah sure, who isn't. But you know you gotta live your life.
Driver: No, no I said. Ehhh, forget it.

Capture.PNG

BBslider001

Quiet mode for me is simply sitting in the back seat. Newsflash... We don't need to talk to riders. Just don't plop down in the front seat a few inches away from me and give the silent treatment. It's wierd. Sit in the back and you may as well be on Mars. Play on your phone.
Abso@@@@inlutey!!! I keep stuff in the front seat and always pull up so the back door meets them. I hate front seat riders. I ain't your friend BRO.

And last, but not least, I sure as CHIT am not going to make myself uncomfortable so that you can be comfortable. This is my car.

Last edited by a moderator:

TomTheAnt

Uber hopes that pax who hate listening to UberX chatty drivers will upgrade to premium.
Then so be it. :rolleyes: The chatty X drivers should learn to read the pax and shut their mouth when the situation calls for it. At least that's what I do. You can usually tell from the first few word exchanges, body language etc. whether they want to talk or not. Being quiet or having a convo is fine by me.