1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber introduces a flat subscription plan called “Ride Pass”

Discussion in 'News' started by BurgerTiime, Oct 30, 2018.

1. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime

Driving:
    Lyft
    Full story: https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/10/30/18042120/uber-ride-pass-monthly-subscription-cheap-fare
    [​IMG]
    For $14.99 a month, riders get flat, heavily discounted fares that can save them 15 percent on travel.

Uber has a new plan to lock customers into its transportation ecosystem while also expanding the list of services it offers ahead of an expected public offering in 2019. It’s called Ride Pass, and it’s Uber’s attempt at an Amazon Prime-style subscription service.
    [​IMG]
    Ride Pass is available today in five cities: Los Angeles, Austin, Orlando, Denver, and Miami. For $14.99 a month — or $24.99 a month in LA (sorry, Angelenos) — riders can lock in flat rates on all the UberX and UberPool trips they take over the course of that month. The rates, based on historical data, will be heavily discounted, saving riders up to 15 percent on their overall monthly travel, Uber says. Ride Pass fares won’t be subject to typical external events like weather, traffic, or surge pricing. And there’s no limit to the number of rides customers can take each month.

melusine3, tohunt4me and Lets_Eat like this.
  2. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    You can bet these cheapo riders won’t be tipping their drivers.

3. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow

lol anything to ensure they never turn a profit

4. Wow cant wait for this to come to Lagos

Cableguynoe, Uber's Guber and MHR like this.
  5. Lets_Eat

Lets_Eat

:) Heck yeah!!! How do you sign up???

6. Guess who end up paying for this experiment?
    Lol

7. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow

the sucker investors as usual

UberDiaz and Cableguynoe like this.
  8. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    Actually, the sucker drivers will pay for it.

2Cents, UberDiaz, SCdave and 2 others like this.
  9. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow

when we are making more than the pax are paying the money must be coming from somewhere else

10. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    Get prepared for another rate cut. :D

11. [​IMG]

At this point...

There really isn’t a point anymore.

12. And us the drivers as always with this experiments
    Lol

13. That is an awesome visual representation of what Uber is doing.

Ziggy and uberdriverfornow like this.
  14. No, it will be the sucker investors

15. Apollo likes this.
  16. florra

florra

Yes but if what is stated in the article is correct, then the driver will still be compensated for the ride according to the fare rules at the time, so I assume this means if a subscribed passenger takes a ride in a surge zone, they will only pay base, but the rider still receives the surge fare. I may have interpreted this wrong, but that's how I read it.

17. RoboRider

RoboRider

That would be a big financial gamble for Uber .... would kind of go against everything else they have done where they have pushed the risk onto the drivers

18. florra

florra

Yes that's true, but the reality is that surge pricing only represents an extremely small portion of the total cash pool, so if the take up of this subscription is good enough, then there's money to be made for Uber... No extra for the drivers unfortunately :(

19. makeitupinvolume

makeitupinvolume

well in 1995 the minimum fare in ny was almost $7

so is any journalist or government official ever going to do basic math? Or do they need MIT to figure it out again lol?

anything less than $10 to the driver is illegal theft & guaraunteed failure they just use an app instead of a gun.

drivers cost on each ride is minimum $4 some maybe $3

uber charges $8 takes $4+ gives driver $4 & now they want to charge $7 haha

the "humans" at this company actually think the app deserves double what the driver gets after expenses lmao no problem with that at all

10+ million times a day have zero clue how any of this is legal

truly mind boggling how illegal this "company" is

as a teenager in 1992 you wouldn't get in my car with less than $5 gas money & you were a friend right next to me going the same place not a stranger 1-5+ miles away

what scares me is people actually dont cancel those rides?????? maybe 1 outta 10 of mine ill accept simply because i just cancelled like 3 lmao

PicsArt_06-08-02.56.41.jpg

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    2Cents likes this.
  20. Yawnie

Yawnie

would kill off a lot of casual drivers

melusine3 likes this.