Uber Insurance Survey

islanddriver

Get Allstate, they pay the difference between Uber/Lyft and your deductible, mines $500, even $1000 is too much out of my pocket. I would select totally acceptable just to keep costs down so I have more money in my pocket since my insurance is already covering it either way
I have all state also. but their insurance is based on uber at $1000 and Lyft at $2500 if uber goes up so will our policies.

NicFit

Yes to $2000. It would say them a lot of money on insurance and cost us more.
I just don’t see it affecting our Allstate rideshare by anything, they don’t ask what rideshare company we drive for so they go by the assumption that it could cost them $2500 but even if it did change it can’t be much, I pay $15 every 6 months and since I already pay for the $500 deductible they just don’t adjust anything else

islanddriver

I just don’t see it affecting our Allstate rideshare by anything, they don’t ask what rideshare company we drive for so they go by the assumption that it could cost them $2500 but even if it did change it can’t be much, I pay $15 every 6 months and since I already pay for the $500 deductible they just don’t adjust anything else
$15 every 6 months is great. Here it's $35 per month

NicFit

$15 every 6 months is great. Here it's $35 per month
Different states have different rules, I think you have to pay more because you have a borderline commercial insurance, my is regular insurance with a clause that I can do rideshare. I think your insurance has to cover a lot more then mine does so it’s higher, though it stands to be unchanged by the deductible changing slightly because you don’t say who your driving for but just that your driving for someone. If they start asking who then there could be a change, if not then as long as both don’t raise above $2500 then you shouldn’t see a change in your insurance