Uber India is cheating me

Manish

I'm really sorry for posting here if I'm wrongly posting.

I'm very disappointed with über. As part of promotion referal code, I gave free rides promo code to my friends and family. 3 rides were taken up by 2 friends and one by my cousin brother.

On September 1, 2015 my account was blocked asking for payment of freerides used via friends and family. That means I have to pay über for sharing free ride code to my friends and family to enable my blocked account? Is this height of cheating? I wanted to use über but über blocked my account and refused to enable my account.

Why should I pay their bills to activate my account? This is totally disappointing.

I emailed at uber support, i was given a stupid reason.
Reason: my friends and family took free ride without making payments?? (Email transcript attached in spoiler)
So that it is supposed to be free ride as part of my promo code shared. How is payment attached to it?

I emailed über on support , the customer support is
pathetic and was very rude in replying. Customer support says free ride conditions are being violated but none of the conditions are violated. I asked customers support about which conditions are being violated but customers support gave a very rude reply. I will attach transcript of the email correspondence.

Über india has a very poor support and a very rude support via email. After insisting the customer support to tell me which conditions are violated, the customer support stopped replying.

Please help, what should I do?

Pardon my English, not my first language.
Thank you

Instead of being rude, you could have answered what i had asked

Sent from my iPhone
On 01-Sep-2015, at 14:58,

Ruchi (Uber Support) wrote: ##- Please type your reply above this line -## Your request (57655981) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email. Ruchi (Uber) Sep 1, 02:28 Hi Manish, I agree with that fact of receiving mails but it would definitely
happened earlier and this thing what I am telling you again and again is noticed today only and that's why I am informing you about this. I am not contradicting with email you received but the information given me is also correct. Hope this will better clear your doubt.
Regards,
Ruchi help uber

Manish Sep 1, 02:07 Which terms I violated? I followed all rules for free rides. I even got emails that free ride is used and I was awarded free ride for reference code. How come you are contradicting with email received? Sent from my iPhone

Ruchi (Uber) Sep 1, 02:02 Hi Manish, As this account appears to have violated Uber's TOS, we won't be able to honor the value of the promotion. If you have to take ride you will have to find whose account is in arrears related to you. He/She can be your family member or friend but the time till outstanding does not get clear form those accounts you will also be not able to take rides. I hope this will help you to clear the confusion. Regards,
Ruchi help uber

Manish Sep 1, 01:41 What payment issues? All were free rides madam. How you calling it free ride when you asking for payment? Please stop cheating in the name of free ride. Sent from my iPhone

Ruchi (Uber) Sep 1, 01:38 Hi Manish, Sorry to hear about the trouble you’re having with your account. I know it’s frustrating to deal with these types of issues. I just took a look and see that the payment method associated with it is also associated with another Uber account that has an outstanding balance. For privacy reasons, I can’t disclose any information about that other account, but I usually see this happen when a friend or family member is authorized to use the card. If that’s not the case, let me know so I can look into this further. Otherwise, once they settle the balance, you’ll be all set to ride too. Here are a few resources I pulled together that I hope will help:

Settle an Outstanding Balance Update Payment Information Regards, Ruchi

Manish Aug 31,
23:42 Please enable my account. Stop disappointing us. Sent from my iPhone This email is a service from Uber.

Reactions: Ara

glados

I'm sorry, but you clearly are trying to get sympathy when you shared your credit card details (at best), or committed credit card fraud (at worst).

"I just took a look and see that the payment method associated with it is also associated with another Uber account that has an outstanding balance."

SO:

Someone used YOUR credit card on another Uber account, and had an outstanding balance. That means they went over your credit limit, or your bank account balance if you have a debit card. This has nothing to do with the free rides promotion, as the Uber CSR has said. Free rides are free, they are never billed. There are two possible situations:

1) If you gave your credit card to someone else to make an account on Uber, it's your own fault. Don't add your credit card to someone else's account! Get them to pay the outstanding bill they've racked up on your card; if they refuse to then as it's your fault own and pay it up.

2) If you made multiple Uber accounts, used a maxed or empty credit/debit card, took rides knowing the processing won't go through, you committed fraud. Pay it up, and stop trying to commit credit card fraud.

I have received so many free rides and I have never had an issue. The difference? I referred real people, and they used their own cards and details and phones. I didn't make multiple accounts and try to commit fraud.

Lying about it on an unofficial forum won't help you. This has NOTHING to do with free rides, this has to do with you owing money on PAID rides that you knowingly paid for with a maxed credit card or empty bank acct.

Manish

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
First of all,
Stop telling it as a credit card fraud. My debit card isnt accepted and I dont have credit card. The payment gateway used was paytm so please stop using yelling it as credit card fraud. If you don't know about paytm then it is a payment method which is linked with mobile number of uber account so there is no question of sharing my mobile for payment. Users have to use their own number as paytm wallet payment.

Second, uber has useless support and that is the reason why i posted here. Im not here to take sympathy. I'm here to show uber cheated me.

My friends already made the payment. But one account isn't showing any dues but my account is still blocked. There are some technical glitches which has caused this and uber is taking advantage of it. Have to get rid of liabilities and face embarrassment, thanks to uber. Our auto rickshaw are better.

What to lie, you being over judgemental. Forget about freerides, I'm badly cheated.

Last edited:

Huberis

You may want to break up with Uber, it's a good move for most people including those who partner with them. Careful suggesting your Auto rickshaws are better, in the blink of an eye you could have Uber rickshaw mucking that up for everyone.

Screw Uber, pay up and move on. Cheers.

Manish

You may want to break up with Uber, it's a good move for most people including those who partner with them. Careful suggesting your Auto rickshaws are better, in the blink of an eye you could have Uber rickshaw mucking that up for everyone.

Screw Uber, pay up and move on. Cheers.
Yeah. The payment is made. None of the vendor ever does this. There are large players. Lets see who fulfill my revenge cause I'm a common man I'm meant to suffer. I hope uber succeeds if they are true but if they keep cheating then people will screw uber at large.

UberXTampa

Maybe uber India underestimated the frugality of people of India and how they can identify a freebie and make sure to use it 100%.
I am sure all assumptions about how much free rides would be used is lower when compared to realized figures.

Uber CSRs are fixing this :smiles:

Manish

Maybe uber India underestimated the frugality of people of India and how they can identify a freebie and make sure to use it 100%.
I am sure all assumptions about how much free rides would be used is lower when compared to realized figures.

Uber CSRs are fixing this :smiles:
It is not about getting things free 100%, nothing is free and this is part of promotion. I'm South African, I'm here for study purpose so stop being judgemental about India. Developed countries peoples are overly judgemental for developing nations. But don't forget you loot us to stay on top. Why hell uber came to India if you don't respect Indian customers. Anyways, karma is @@@@@! It is always between you and god.
When uber named it as free ride then they should obey it. When I share my referral code and they are using it as free ride then why uber asking money from me. That's cheating. Other services are better and transparent.
Anyways, payments are done.

People should know uber cheats this way so be careful.

Last edited:

Manish

My apologies.

Can you please explain why your friends are using your own paytm wallet?
Paytm wallet can't be used as cross account! If I refer you the code, you have to register via your mobile number. Uber account, paytm account and mobile number are linked. It is impossible that my paytm wallet can be used for your uber account. After knowing that uber is asking money,
I asked my friend to make payment in their respective uber account and they accepted it and paid via their paytm wallet. You are turning blind side towards uber and being skeptical about me.

chi1cabby

Hi Manish, welcome to the forum.

As part of promotion referal code, I gave free rides promo code to my friends and family. 3 rides were taken up by 2 friends and one by my cousin brother.
What you've described is referred to as "Guarantee Fraud" by Uber. Uber can identify accounts by filtering for factors as:
  • Multiple rides were given to the same rider.
  • The rider pickup location was the same as your home address.
  • The rider and driver having same address.
  • Scanning for multiple rides with same pickup or drop off location.
Uber has permanently deactivated Driver Accounts for engaging in such conduct in the U.S. This article describes the same practice in China:
UberCHINA Updates

TwoFiddyMile

Fraud is fraud, mannish my man.
See, everyone here who has been pro driving for more than a year is some kind of hustler.
You can't hustle a hustler, we are hip to the scam bro.
You tried and got caught.
If you are going to scam, be smart enough to not get caught.
On my last cab gig, sometimes the contract passengers forgot to cancel a ride with dispatch.
Sometimes I'd call it in, sometimes I'd "forget'.
Why call it in at all?
Simple.
A GOOD hustle is one thst appears honest at least part of the time.

Now you owe me $5 for the info.

Huberis

Yeah. The payment is made. None of the vendor ever does this. There are large players. Lets see who fulfill my revenge cause I'm a common man I'm meant to suffer. I hope uber succeeds if they are true but if they keep cheating then people will screw uber at large.
if you are a common man meant to suffer, you really should be driving for them and not riding with them so much. Obviously, you are fighting your own personal tide.

Huberis

India should be pretty much the land of the CSR by now. How could the support be anything less than stellar? Just out of curiosity Manish, you don't seem to argue that the people you gave the referral codes to had accounts associated with the one you yourself use. You don't argue that point.

Even if the account itself and those other people were paid up fare and square. How is that sharing of accounts not something anyone with two, maybe three brain cells to rub together not going to take issue with that? Even if it is legit, does it not seem like bad policy to allow and prone to abuse? This is an outfit that loves to @@@@ people with their pants on. Now that the accounts are paid up, they know there are multiple accounts asociated with one payment account, should they now allow you to give those people the codes?

That could be a simple yes or no answer I suppose.

Last edited:

Oh My

Move to Chicago. An Indian female Lyft rider here was in my backseat complaining about how her "my people" were being taken advantage of by Uber, obviously in the U.S., which is why she only used Lyft (eyeroll).

TwoFiddyMile

Move to Chicago. An Indian female Lyft rider here was in my backseat complaining about how her "my people" were being taken advantage of by Uber, obviously in the U.S., which is why she only used Lyft (eyeroll).
You could have mentioned how "her people" knocked hundreds of thousands of Americans out of jobs in the tech sector in the past decade and a half...

UberXTampa

Paytm wallet can't be used as cross account! If I refer you the code, you have to register via your mobile number. Uber account, paytm account and mobile number are linked. It is impossible that my paytm wallet can be used for your uber account. After knowing that uber is asking money,
I asked my friend to make payment in their respective uber account and they accepted it and paid via their paytm wallet. You are turning blind side towards uber and being skeptical about me.
I hate to defend uber but you are wrong.
Uber is evil but not stupid!
It takes one to know one.
Since uber screws everybody, it has its safeguards for defending itself.