Uber increased their cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

QLDUberDriver

I guess Uber can promote they didn't decrease rates by just increasing their "Service Fee". This will be of no change to driver numbers as they already know people who do this job will work for 50% if they changed to that.

This tactic would offset the recent rider rate adjustment for the gst bs. What better way to keep rates low by grabbing more from the worker.

2% of $1 mil is $20k, so you can be sure that they make more than $1mil in Australia. Taxi drivers will become limo service quality with the continual downward price gouge on drivers.

Uber X
Screenshot_20171201-115015.png

Screenshot_20171201-115015.png

Uber Eats
Screenshot_20171201-115106.png

Attachments

Uberdar

Uber didnt increase fees for those who presented gst rego. The 2% fee was for those who didnt so doesnt affect drivers not trying to rip off the system.

QLDUberDriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Uber didnt increase fees for those who presented gst rego. The 2% fee was for those who didnt so doesnt affect drivers not trying to rip off the system.
Was that in the new agreement? I couldn't even read 1/4 of the text and I have great vision.

Uberdar

Has always been like that. I havent seen new agreement because I couldnt be bothered as it will change again in the near future. Ubers agreements are more like chapters with no real ending to the book. They change agreements with each court case against them hence why there is so many with many more to come. They mist surely now be in the guiness book of records for the most court cases against a company.

Beepbeep41

As Uber states in the email “you SHOULD be able to claim this in GST credits” SHOULD!!

Pretty much profiting with Uber has forced drivers to tell prokie priest to the ATO...

Oleliste

I see some people claim $50 to 80 an hour. That is impossible. I have worked for 7 maths and averaged $ 15.00 pr hour. Way below minimum wage and that is why I am leaving.

Nawdy

We all get good days with earnings ... but i see some are too scared to also post there bad days ... it might make them look silly if they did ... but let me help with a week day that was dead last week to balance this story out and show the average is not = to the best result ...

Screenshot_2017-11-28-13-30-03.png

All about balance Paul ... now lets see if anyone has a lower result then me for a day last week

I better add some balance to my week here is last night Paul ... I think I did better than you :p

Screenshot_2017-12-02-10-17-53.png

So I agree with the $15 per hour average after expenses ... Do you Paul?

Paul Collins

We all get good days with earnings ... but i see some are too scared to also post there bad days ... it might make them look silly if they did ... but let me help with a week day that was dead last week to balance this story out and show the average is not = to the best result ...

View attachment 180785

All about balance Paul ... now lets see if anyone has a lower result then me for a day last week

I better add some balance to my week here is last night Paul ... I think I did better than you :p

View attachment 180791

So I agree with the $15 per hour average after expenses ... Do you Paul?
Yes, but it all depends on the car, the location and the depreciation on the car etc. There is really no set agreed rate.

Nawdy

Yes, but it all depends on the car, the location and the depreciation on the car etc. There is really no set agreed rate.
Up a dollar or two maybe down a dollar or two per hour depending on your vehicle .... splitting hairs really.

But I am glad to see you agree that the earnings are not high and essentially Oleiste comments are honest.

Oleiste is on the verge of leaving Uber as he is disappointed in the earnings and posts like yours are not helpful or constructive for him.

Paul Collins

Up a dollar or two maybe down a dollar or two per hour depending on your vehicle .... splitting hairs really.

But I am glad to see you agree that the earnings are not high and essentially Oleiste comments are honest.

Oleiste is on the verge of leaving Uber as he is disappointed in the earnings and posts like yours are not helpful or constructive for him.
I get that and I do understand the profitability is low in many cases. It is a individual’s choice to drive or not and they must make that choice based on profitability, suitability and a range of other factors.

Nawdy

I get that and I do understand the profitability is low in many cases. It is a individual’s choice to drive or not and they must make that choice based on profitability, suitability and a range of other factors.
Now that's helpful. Uber isn't for everyone and you do have to do a little homework before jumping in. Otherwise you may end up disappointed in your results from Uber. If potential drivers are reading this thread please understand that you will not set the world on fire by doing Uber and you wont become rich ... however it may suit your choice of lifestyle or your current lifestyle.

tigermanmantiger5

Now that's helpful. Uber isn't for everyone and you do have to do a little homework before jumping in. Otherwise you may end up disappointed in your results from Uber. If potential drivers are reading this thread please understand that you will not set the world on fire by doing Uber and you wont become rich ... however it may suit your choice of lifestyle or your current lifestyle.
However it may suit your choice of lifestyle or your current lifestyle? Does this stay true after the business model has been run by an accountant? I can think of other ways to loose money than drive people in your own car and pay all the expenses.There are voluntary organisations that need drivers. If you could pick up Newstart whilst doing so you would be financially in front, save klms on your own personal vehicle and still have a social existence.

QLDUberDriver

However it may suit your choice of lifestyle or your current lifestyle? Does this stay true after the business model has been run by an accountant? I can think of other ways to loose money than drive people in your own car and pay all the expenses.There are voluntary organisations that need drivers. If you could pick up Newstart whilst doing so you would be financially in front, save klms on your own personal vehicle and still have a social existence.
I thought you said you where using a dictionary. How does one make money "loose"?

Paul Collins

Hahahah, my accountant is the one who suggested Uber to get access to the $20k accelerated depreciation that I could do we in my company to reduce tax.

Nawdy

Hahahah, my accountant is the one who suggested Uber to get access to the $20k accelerated depreciation that I could do we in my company to reduce tax.
Still have to spend money to depreciate what ever it was you bought for 20K or less ... you cant spend your way to profit.

Literally only means you don't pay the gst on the items and you can reduce your taxable income ... your really only getting 20k of items tax free. BTW you can do that with any business related item anyway. PC's, Photo copiers, cars etc you normally depreciate over time instead you can depreciate it the first year. The next 3 - 5 years nothing.

Please don't make me feel like i'm talking to a driver who is claiming they pay no tax cause Paul that would mean you are driving people around and making nothing.

This is not a good reason to go ubering.

QLDUberDriver

Did your accountant also tell you to depreciate your GST? Sounds like a Philadelphia lawyer/accountant.
Accountant, scholar, column writer, psychologist, professional heckler, is there an end to your talents? I think you can pull more out of that magic box you call your anus.

Status
Not open for further replies.