Uber income to secure housing?

Hello everyone, hope this finds you well
I'm looking to move to Jacksonville from out of state. Anyone has any experience using Uber as proof of income to secure housing? I hear you must have income of 3x monthly rent as proof. At $900 per month rent, is that something doable with rideshare driving (uber, lift, doordash, etc)

Thanks in advance for any information!

Ricardo

jaxbeachrides

I've offered to pay an entire lease upfront and they wouldn't do it. Some higher net worth areas will lease to you based on bank statements. It's all based on credit anyways. Pretty soon you will need good credit to buy a pack of gum.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

problem is
At $900 per month rent, is that something doable with rideshare driving (uber, lift, doordash, etc)

Thanks in advance for any information!

Ricardo
No...
After expenses expect to have a taxable income of less than zero in Florida. If by some shocking turn of events you get an apartment this year you might not get it next year when your income becomes less than zero. (and this is assuming we all get back to work)

The pay per mile in Florida sucks the big one,

you'll get as little as half to a third of other US cities per mile with a customer in the car. Plus the cruise ships aren't generating any business these day, i'd be shocked if Jaxport meant nothing for an uber driver in Jacksonville normally. On top of that jacksonville airport won't be seeing hardly any customers until the cruise ships are sailing again, the way its looking the cruise industry is going to be one of the last things to get back to work.

But talking BEFORE/AFTER covid 19 is over?

As far as $900 a month to cover your rent?

That's not impossible that's $337 a week you'll need to make to cover your rent and expenses. Expect to spend $20 in gas for every $100 you make in Florida. Then double the gas cost to include future repairs/maintenance.

$337 a week should get you $900 after car expenses and that should only take you... 33 hours a week to hit.
Then another 15 hours should get you utilities, and another 10 hours a week and you might not starve. 10 hour days 365 days a year you might be able to hit your goals...

When business was good? lyft was only advertising $10 AN HOUR MINUS COSTS. That's what they actually advertised in Florida markets. And that's what it is. $10 an hour minus costs.

However this is contingent on things going back to pre-covid 19 levels.

Right now however, I would imagine moving into your mom's basement and ubering from there is a better option at this point. Most