Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Rakos 
#1 ·
I got an Uber Incident Report Form related to the issue that I posted about when I joined UberPeople dot Net.I haven't opened it yet because once electronic documents are opened, you're committed to signing it then (at least that's my understanding of them).

Does anyone know if the Incident Form releases Uber from any responsibility so that the Uber driver must pay for repairs to his own vehicle even though he wasn't at fault? I was on an Uber Eats delivery; I do not participate in ridesharing.

Some folks might think that I'm overanalyzing things, but I already know the other vehicle's company is doing the run around regarding this entire thing.

For other Uber drivers, I have a question: How did Uber handle things after you signed and submitted the Uber Incident Report Form? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

#2 ·
I got one of those a few months ago, when a would-be rider filed a bogus accident claim against me. ("would-be", as I had cancelled the trip after arriving at the pickup, and she never got in my car.) When Uber first contacted me about the whole thing, I had no idea what it was about; all I knew was that I'd never been in any accident as an Uber driver, and Uber - being Uber - will never provide specifics about a reported incident (which trip, date, rider, etc). But they insisted that I nevertheless complete/submit the Incident Report; all I could do at that point was to write "I don't know", "N/A", lol. It wasn't until a couple days later when Allstate (Uber's insurer in my market) called me about the "accident" that I finally learned which trip/rider.

Anyway, as I understand it, the Incident Report Form is simply Uber's way of documenting a claim; the same form is sent to the other parties involved to get their side of what happened. It is a fact-gathering tool; responsibility or fault isn't necessarily determined at that point. But the form needs to be submitted eventually; ignoring it will not make the claim go away.

In my case, I heard nothing more from Uber after submitting the form, and Allstate closed the claim the following week, with no response from the rider.

Good luck.

#3 ·
In my case, I heard nothing more from Uber after submitting the form, and Allstate closed the claim the following week, with no response from the rider.
Hahaha! Of course there was no response from the rider. After he learned he was scamming a real insurance company and not just a bunch of morons at Uber, his ass couldn't handle the prospect of going to jail for insurance fraud when his stupid claims are proven bogus and he went to hide under a mattress hoping it blow over.

#5 ·
I had to fill one out after a bogus report by a pax that I got in an accident after I refused to take her to McDonald’s drive-through it was fine I don’t see it is only big deal nothing ever came of it I did tell him I had the whole ride on dash cam

#7 ·
@SJCorolla,

Thank you for providing your experience with the Uber Incident Report Form. In my case, I was doing an Uber Eats pickup when my vehicle was rear-ended. I contacted Uber right then and there but it took two calls before someone even responded on their end, and that person was only concerned about the delivery.

In fact, at the time I contacted my own insurance provider to let them know what happened. I actually sent numerous messages to Uber about the rating I got from a merchant related to the incident and it was only because I kept asking Uber about that, that they sent me an Incident Report Form today. That's why I was curious about what the form is about since Uber did not send me the Incident Report Form until Monday, April 15, 2019 whereas I had been calling/emailing Uber about it since the day of the incident - Tuesday, April 9, 2019.
Contacting Uber at all was a mistake. Uber has no insurance at all for eats and neither do you. Your only chance is to file a claim with your personal insurance company, forgetting about talking to Uber about anything cuz they'll just kick you to the curb and won't do anything. Then pray your insurance company doesn't find out what you were doing, cuz then you'll be real trouble.

#8 ·
What everyone should understand is that from an insurance point of view, there is no better accident to get into than getting rear ended. It is very clear that the person that hit you, their insurance company is 100% liable for the damage to your car. If you report it to your insurance company then they may pay you out quicker, but they will get reimbursed from the other insurance company and you will still get a chargeable accident.

The best thing is to NOT go thru your insurance company if you are rear ended, but to file a claim directly with the person who rear ended you insurance company.

Last May on the way to an Uber pick up I was rear ended at a stop light. Cancelled my pick up, had the police come to take the accident report. Since I was rear ended, I didn't notify Uber and did not go thru my insurance company. Filed a claim with the person that hit me insurance. I got paid out no problem and Uber didn't even know I was in an accident and I didn't get a chargeable accident with my insurance company.

If you are doing X and have a pax in the car its a different story and you must notify Uber immediately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.