• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber incentives

TCLARK1

hi guys,
Quick question. I have a buddy that has been driving for Uber for about 3 weeks. I have repeatedly asked him each week if he has started receiving incentives. I believe that I received incentives after my first full week of driving. Yet, at 3 full weeks of 7 days/wk of driving he hasn't been offered ANY yet. No quest incentives, no boost incentives. He emailed Uber yesterday asking why he hadn't been offered any yet, but Uber never responded. Is this normal? Why wouldn't he be receiving any. He has a top notch acceptance rate and low cancel rate. What gives? Any advice? Any reason?
Thanks Guys!
-Clark

ajcadoo

If he's driving that often, obviously Uber doesnt need to entice him at all. Incentives are really intended for part time drivers.

UberZone

hi guys,
Quick question. I have a buddy that has been driving for Uber for about 3 weeks. I have repeatedly asked him each week if he has started receiving incentives. I believe that I received incentives after my first full week of driving. Yet, at 3 full weeks of 7 days/wk of driving he hasn't been offered ANY yet. No quest incentives, no boost incentives. He emailed Uber yesterday asking why he hadn't been offered any yet, but Uber never responded. Is this normal? Why wouldn't he be receiving any. He has a top notch acceptance rate and low cancel rate. What gives? Any advice? Any reason?
Thanks Guys!
-Clark
He'll learn pretty fast that chasing any incentive, besides the initial sign up bonus, is just a trap to lure you into accepting every sh!tty ride Uber puts in front of you..

Chasing incentives for a hand full of bread crumbs will lead you down the path of many missed opportunities and average out to less than minimum wage..

He probably needs to hit the initial 75+ rides before the Quests start kicking in though to answer your question

Uber Arnie

He'll learn pretty fast that chasing any incentive, besides the initial sign up bonus, is just a trap to lure you into accepting every sh!tty ride Uber puts in front of you..

Chasing incentives for a hand full of bread crumbs will lead you down the path of many missed opportunities and average out to less than minimum wage..

He probably needs to hit the initial 75+ rides before the Quests start kicking in though to answer your question
I think it's 75 pool rides now.

TCLARK1

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
He's driven A TON over past 3 weeks. Has made hundreds of rides each week. He for sure should be receiving some sort of incentive. Yet nothing has come in. I understand the "why would Uber offer him incentives if he's already making a ton of drives" but I am a full time driver myself and I continue to be offered incentives each week. And no I am not an "ant".. I drive full time but work the system so I don't get screwed over. Never accept any rides under either 2.0 surge or boost, and any pool that comes in I turn off new requests as soon as first pax gets in.
Unfortunately he doesn't quite know what he's doing yet so accepts every ping that comes in. That will change as soon as I'm able to sit down with him. Until them, IF he is accepting junk base fare rides left and right he should at least be receiving boost zones. But still after 3 weeks:...nothing.

TCLARK1

you should be ashamed
Lol I should? For what?

Oh and he lives in Hollywood

Lol I should? For what?

Also...this whole Sheila and priority long distance pings. Is that a joke? That's not really possible right?
All I ever get are complete DOGS*#T short drives. Over and over and over. I'll tell you one thing, my buddy may not be receiving any incentives yet, but he has been given the longest UberX surge rides I've ever seen. I think it was about 4 days of his nonstop driving before he even received a pool ping. FOUR DAYS of ONLY long UberX rides. So basically brand new drivers somehow receive priority pings. So, there must be a way for other already established drivers to receive priority pings right? And back to Sheila. Is she real?

UberZone

Just tell him to accept all X and Pool requests, make sure he's always online when he's driving around town and try to avoid peak hours when it's surging.. the more short rides the better.. I'm sure if he does that consistently for 3 more weeks it'll kick the Uber incentive algorithm in pretty fast.. should be getting some juicy incentives in no time..

Adieu

Lol I should? For what?

Also...this whole Sheila and priority long distance pings. Is that a joke? That's not really possible right?
All I ever get are complete DOGS*#T short drives. Over and over and over. I'll tell you one thing, my buddy may not be receiving any incentives yet, but he has been given the longest UberX surge rides I've ever seen. I think it was about 4 days of his nonstop driving before he even received a pool ping. FOUR DAYS of ONLY long UberX rides. So basically brand new drivers somehow receive priority pings. So, there must be a way for other already established drivers to receive priority pings right? And back to Sheila. Is she real?
They don't LET you get pool until you accumulate like 25 rides in a pool-enabled county...I think

TCLARK1

He might be on permanent ant status. Meaning he will never get any incentives
Really? Because he started out so strong? Accepting everything that came through screwed him out of all future incentives? Is that really possible?

Uber Arnie

Really? Because he started out so strong? Accepting everything that came through screwed him out of all future incentives? Is that really possible?
Tell him to accept a few rides and cancel each one. That should help speed things along.

Citronbull

I was kidding dude. Seriously, he should wait another week. If he still does not get any incentives, email uber.

Sluber

He's driven A TON over past 3 weeks. Has made hundreds of rides each week. He for sure should be receiving some sort of incentive. Yet nothing has come in. I understand the "why would Uber offer him incentives if he's already making a ton of drives" but I am a full time driver myself and I continue to be offered incentives each week. And no I am not an "ant".. I drive full time but work the system so I don't get screwed over. Never accept any rides under either 2.0 surge or boost, and any pool that comes in I turn off new requests as soon as first pax gets in.
Unfortunately he doesn't quite know what he's doing yet so accepts every ping that comes in. That will change as soon as I'm able to sit down with him. Until them, IF he is accepting junk base fare rides left and right he should at least be receiving boost zones. But still after 3 weeks:...nothing.
hundreds of rides each week???...how many hundreds we talkin about?...

Lol I should? For what?

Yes, I am real:smiles:...

I am no longer with Uber:mad:. I am now with Lyft:p.

As soon as we clean up the mess at 15th and Normandie, we will launch the new LyftGo station. I'll post in this forum when I can hook you up at Lyft.

Blunt power