• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber in Newark

GloveMasterX

I am now just two weeks into my time with Uber. I am really enjoying it to be honest. I live in Newark, NJ and did not know that doing this would make me an outlaw until after I was already doing it. I still drive to Penn Station and Newark airport in spite of the threats; a protest of sorts. Is there anyone out there fighting for our rights in a free market, democratic society? We should not let the taxi and limo companies use their connections in the government to put us down. It is unamerican. If someone out there is already fighting on this front, I want to join you. If I am alone in this, who will join me?

SibeRescueBrian

I am now just two weeks into my time with Uber. I am really enjoying it to be honest. I live in Newark, NJ and did not know that doing this would make me an outlaw until after I was already doing it. I still drive to Penn Station and Newark airport in spite of the threats; a protest of sorts. Is there anyone out there fighting for our rights in a free market, democratic society? We should not let the taxi and limo companies use their connections in the government to put us down. It is unamerican. If someone out there is already fighting on this front, I want to join you. If I am alone in this, who will join me?
https://uberpeople.net/threads/new-jersey-abda.55046/

bestpals

You want to fight to get paid sub-minimum wage. It is not worth driving your car into the ground to support a company who is making billions off your back while paying you low wages, lying to you all the time, screwing you every chance they get and on top of that having a chance of getting your car impounded and receiving multi thousand dollars worth of fines. Take a good look through this site and see what it's really like to work for uber. Yes, it seems fun at the beginning but a majority of people soon find out the truth.

tradedate

That's right. Fight for a company that didn't even bother to tell you that you'd be driving illegally in your state. Clearly, they have your back.