Uber in Brisbane - Refer A New Driver

Anom Ant

Just received the notification in regard to Uber promoting a 'refer a friend' to drive. You get $150 if they complete 30 trips in 90 days.
I am pretty sure there are enough drivers on the road already without encouraging new ones. If they give me $5 extra per trip then I am happy to stay on the road for an extra 30 trips over a 3 month period without adding more cattle. Look after your current drivers before marketing for new ones.

Or am I wrong and there is a shortage around the place?

big dog travel

Just received the notification in regard to Uber promoting a 'refer a friend' to drive. You get $150 if they complete 30 trips in 90 days.
I am pretty sure there are enough drivers on the road already without encouraging new ones. If they give me $5 extra per trip then I am happy to stay on the road for an extra 30 trips over a 3 month period without adding more cattle. Look after your current drivers before marketing for new ones.

Or am I wrong and there is a shortage around the place?
A good way to lose a friend pretty quickly.. referring them to drive for Uber during this time. 😱
It appears the roads are saturated once again with Uber cars & the evident lack of quality rides has diminished any decent profit for this gig on the GC nowadays.

Sarahtoo

Must still be lots of drivers not on the road because I am really busy since I came back on the 1st of June. Lots of premium rides and 3 or 4 Gold Coast a week. People are taking longer rides totally different types of traffic to pre covid traffic. No corporates although this week I have hade quite a few drop offs at the airport.

Beepbeep41

Must still be lots of drivers not on the road because I am really busy since I came back on the 1st of June. Lots of premium rides and 3 or 4 Gold Coast a week. People are taking longer rides totally different types of traffic to pre covid traffic. No corporates although this week I have hade quite a few drop offs at the airport.

I dunno what your talking about, been dead for me & only small trips. People are holding onto their money like no 2morrow. What planet this guy on??

Lowestformofwit

I dunno what your talking about, been dead for me & only small trips. People are holding onto their money like no 2morrow. What planet this guy on??
It simply means that there’s not enough jobs, and not enough lucrative jobs for everyone to get lucky and get an easy slice of the pie just handed to them.
Perhaps @Sarahtoo is working certain selected times and places to maximise her share of the work that is out there?

KawanaPete

I have never referred anyone in 3 years of driving. Never will. Too many drivers as it is. Things have changed a lot since covid19. I have been very lucky since driving again since June. I have just taken a sebaical for two weeks on hamo island. No Uber up here or Airlie beach. Only dirty taxi I used in Airlie beach. I don't know why there is no Uber in Airlie beach? A gold mine in my opinion. Going home today and will be driving mid next week, with another vehicle. I hope things are as good as they have been over the last few months. Take care everyone.

Beepbeep41

I have never referred anyone in 3 years of driving. Never will. Too many drivers as it is. Things have changed a lot since covid19. I have been very lucky since driving again since June. I have just taken a sebaical for two weeks on hamo island. No Uber up here or Airlie beach. Only dirty taxi I used in Airlie beach. I don't know why there is no Uber in Airlie beach? A gold mine in my opinion. Going home today and will be driving mid next week, with another vehicle. I hope things are as good as they have been over the last few months. Take care everyone.

Tell ya what Sunny Coast has been fantastic! I recommend Brisbane drivers, drive up to share the large profits.