• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber: How Do You Expect Excellence On this Ridiculous Rates?

Riley3262019

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
And yet.... These dumbasses continue to drive for them day in and day out... I'm one of them... But I'm satisfied with the $220 I made in 6 hours yesterday so...but that includes $45 in tips... So you gotta work the system... Don't let this shyty system work you....also known as UBER PRO...Hahahahah
Couldn't have been said better.

rkozy

Don't let this shyty system work you....also known as UBER PRO...Hahahahah
I cannot believe there are still people who think Uber Pro (specifically, the trip time/direction feature) is in anyway helpful to profitability. I had that feature for a couple weeks and it actually did nothing to make me more profitable per mile. In fact, I would have been forced to accept crap pings just to keep my AR% high enough, which in turn would have lowered my profitability that much more.

Uber knows many of their drivers are poorly educated and will fall for such a trick like Uber Pro. This company is great at psychological manipulation. Even Luke Skywalker himself couldn't pull off that kind of Jedi Mind Trick.

nouberipo

How does Uber and Lyft expect driver excellence when the rates are so terrible? Uber X rates are beyond ridiculous and the worst part is that, on every 3 mile or less ride, Uber makes more money than the driver! If this type of arrangement isn't insane, I don't know what is.
disgruntled employees (which drivers are) directly impacts the rider experience yet Uber with all of their technology has yet to figure this simple mantra out. The experience economy, which the US is in, is all about the consumer experience which WILL be impacted by drivers who feel/are exploited, manipulated, and paid under minimum wage all the while depreciating their major resource (car) and experiencing the worst that humanity has to offer in terms of riders.

I cannot believe there are still people who think Uber Pro (specifically, the trip time/direction feature) is in anyway helpful to profitability.
It's useful to know that you're specifically looking at a 90-minute trip from southwest Connecticut (versus a generic 45+), as it suggests that you're going to JFK Airport. It's normally a good-paying ride, particularly if it's a Comfort ride, and there's a better than 50-50 chance of a tip, but you also have to know that you won't be using the restroom for a couple of hours. That's good to know before clicking 'accept.'

Lovelife

And yet.... These dumbasses continue to drive for them day in and day out... I'm one of them... But I'm satisfied with the $220 I made in 6 hours yesterday so...but that includes $45 in tips... So you gotta work the system... Don't let this shyty system work you....also known as UBER PRO...Hahahahah
What's your secret to making $220 in 6 hours?

mrpjfresh

disgruntled employees (which drivers are) directly impacts the rider experience yet Uber with all of their technology has yet to figure this simple mantra out. The experience economy, which the US is in, is all about the consumer experience which WILL be impacted by drivers who feel/are exploited, manipulated, and paid under minimum wage all the while depreciating their major resource (car) and experiencing the worst that humanity has to offer in terms of riders.
This is a good point and I have talked with pax who tell me how disgruntled their last driver was. All it took was a simple "How do like driving for Uber?" to open that driver's can of worms. There is a parallel though here with the people who say as long as drivers keep driving at these rates nothing will change. As long as riders tolerate unsafe and unprofessional drivers for the sake of price and convenience, nothing will change either. It is hard to predict which group, if either, balks first.

tohunt4me

How does Uber and Lyft expect driver excellence when the rates are so terrible? Uber X rates are beyond ridiculous and the worst part is that, on every 3 mile or less ride, Uber makes more money than the driver! If this type of arrangement isn't insane, I don't know what is.
These people are UNREALISTIC.
The business model UNSUSTAINABLE.
The Administration UNETHICAL.
Post automatically merged:

What's your secret to making $220 in 6 hours?
CA$H RIDE$ !

Disgusted Driver

I cannot believe there are still people who think Uber Pro (specifically, the trip time/direction feature) is in anyway helpful to profitability. I had that feature for a couple weeks and it actually did nothing to make me more profitable per mile. In fact, I would have been forced to accept crap pings just to keep my AR% high enough, which in turn would have lowered my profitability that much more.

Uber knows many of their drivers are poorly educated and will fall for such a trick like Uber Pro. This company is great at psychological manipulation. Even Luke Skywalker himself couldn't pull off that kind of Jedi Mind Trick.
I disagree. Yes, I take some rides I'd rather not, also have figured out how to cancel a few without increasing my CR but it is extremely valuable at bar close. With flat rate surge I look for close PU and short trip so I can grab 2 or 3 calls. Otherwise I'm likely to get a 15 minute ride to the burbs, no surge supplement and not get back in time to get another high surge ride. I also get the 5% off on gas so it works out to a guesstimated 20 to 30 a week additional for me in my pocket with little additional effort. Not huge but this is a game of inches. I have a sticky surge strategy that gets me an additional 10 to 15 bucks a week, ... and it all adds up.

njn

Uber makes more money than the driver! If this type of arrangement isn't insane, I don't know what is.
It's not insane, it's brilliant. Pathway to profitability.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."

Riley3262019

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's not insane, it's brilliant. Pathway to profitability.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."
Growth and profitability cannot be achieved at the expense of the driver partners who actually deliver the goods. I am interested in seeing their numbers regarding unfilled orders, that will either dispel my notion or support yours. Finally, I am concerned that very soon, some desperate, mentally unstable driver may snap and take out their frustrations on an innocent rider! If this happen repeatedly, the whole rideshare thing may be disbanded on the premise that they are an unregulated danger to the public good.

While Rideshare may not ultimately go away, after reforms, I predict that driver partners will earn more money and get better treatment because the reformed rideshare companies would have to go the extra mile to vet their driver partners, pay them better to get better customer service/safety and make the rideshare platforms a whole lot better than what it is now. At the end, this will prove to be a better part to profitability compared to the present arrangement.

rkozy

It's useful to know that you're specifically looking at a 90-minute trip from southwest Connecticut (versus a generic 45+), as it suggests that you're going to JFK Airport. It's normally a good-paying ride, particularly if it's a Comfort ride, and there's a better than 50-50 chance of a tip, but you also have to know that you won't be using the restroom for a couple of hours. That's good to know before clicking 'accept.'
No passenger will ever make me damage my kidneys for a meaningless five-star rating. If I have to use the bathroom in the middle of long ride, the pax will have to deal with it.

I'm also not accepting six out of every seven crap rides Uber sends my way just to maintain access to information that really changes nothing in the greater scheme of things.

Dekero

No passenger will ever make me damage my kidneys for a meaningless five-star rating. If I have to use the bathroom in the middle of long ride, the pax will have to deal with it.

I'm also not accepting six out of every seven crap rides Uber sends my way just to maintain access to information that really changes nothing in the greater scheme of things.
I'm sorry but If I gotta piss we r stopping I don't give a damn about my rating... Kidneys come first.... And I explain it nicely to said passenger that we will have to take a 2 to 5 minute stop because I have to use the restroom and this ride is still over 50 to 60 minutes long and I can't hold that long if they have a problem with that they can kick rocks and wait for the next driver to pick them up from where I stopped. Period.... My car my rules.

Completely agree with ignoring crap rides!!

Clint Torres

I have ridden a lot as a pax.
Nothing has changed in all these years even as pay has gone down...from a pax perspective

only correlation to bad attitude drivers is when you ask how long you have been driving for. Less than six months are happy and friendly....greater than two years are inmates