• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

UBER + Hertz

inthefoot

Uber is advertising that renting a midsize car is $200/week but when I go to reserve one (through the uber app) they're $300-$450/week.

My next step is to just call the actual Hertz and ask but can any one here WITH EXPERIENCE speak to the process?

Sidedraft

Uber is advertising that renting a midsize car is $200/week but when I go to reserve one (through the uber app) they're $300-$450/week.

My next step is to just call the actual Hertz and ask but can any one here WITH EXPERIENCE speak to the process?
Mak your reservation through the Hertz website, specifying the Union City location. Make sure the Uber option is used. They are now $214/week plus about $30 in taxes and fees. Before you go to pick the car up, be sure to call and make sure they have an Uber rental for you.

inthefoot

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mak your reservation through the Hertz website, specifying the Union City location. Make sure the Uber option is used. They are now $214/week plus about $30 in taxes and fees. Before you go to pick the car up, be sure to call and make sure they have an Uber rental for you.
Thank you!

crusoeatl

I've been renting through Hertz for about 6 months now. This is not a lease, it's weekly rental. You get to keep your car for a 28 day period but you have to call in for extension after each 7 days. No need to show up, just call and text. Each 28th day you have to go to the rental location to renew. Used to be $180/week plus taxes ($212 weekly), now is $215 weekly plus taxes ($251). It's still worth it for me. But to each his own. You pay the same no matter what car you get, so a nicer car will get you more 5 stars and more trips. Pb is they have a waiting list on cars so sometimes it makes sense to just get whatever you can get your hands on and change it later if possible. If you really want to rent. Since Enterprise got out it's even harder now to get a Hertz rental. Waiting list is up to Dec as I just had to renew my contract and talked to the rental people. Good luck in getting a car!

Last edited:

Storm104

So maybe people will have more surges because I have to turn mine in next week too and a lot of other people. Got a really nasty text saying a reminder I need to have it there by 5 and I need to arrange my own transportation as they weren't offering drop off service. I called hertz because I never saw a car available on there and they said they don't have any more cars available to rent until Feb. next year. She said thy are the only location in GA that has the program. Its crazy that Uber keeps trying to get drivers on the road and then didn't have another system in place.

FYI exchange leasing is ending too. They said they are losing too much on the cars.

Dinoberra

Is exchange leasing done yet?

If it hasn't ended lease a vehicle get on the road work up 3500 bucks but an 04 or 05 Toyota or Honda and run up your bread.

Storm104

If it hasn't ended lease a vehicle get on the road work up 3500 bucks but an 04 or 05 Toyota or Honda and run up your bread.
No. Everyone doesn't qualify. With me, I had a credit freeze when they tried to run it I guess. So instead it came back that they couldn't verify my identity. I called them to try to correct the situation. And when I finally got a hold of a live person, they said "Sorry, only one application can be done" That was a year ago and when I log into my partner profile its still not allowing me to apply.

Storm104

Also I'm just going to have to buy one, but I needed another week or two of driving to get everything in place. I can rent a car for a week or two but I wont be able to do uber or lyft in it. I'll be glad when I get my own car though because I would save probably 600+ a month and no one would be breathing down my neck to drive.

nobody420

Is the Uber Exchange and Hertz rental 2 different programs? I have Enterprise and I have to return the car by 9/27.
At least they gave you to 27th feel lucky most rentals already returned. I feel she couldn't wait to get mines back because I was at firestone r pep boys every 5 to 7 days for a oil change

KMANDERSON

They are probably raising the prices now that enterprise don't do rental no more.

ChinatownJake

I've been renting through Hertz for about 6 months now. This is not a lease, it's weekly rental. You get to keep your car for a 28 day period but you have to call in for extension after each 7 days. No need to show up, just call and text. Each 28th day you have to go to the rental location to renew. Used to be $180/week plus taxes ($212 weekly), now is $215 weekly plus taxes ($251).
That's basically the same current price as in Los Angeles ($250/week), which is also going rate for private individual middle-men who rent UberX cars. The vehicle available to me at Hertz would be a VW Passat. Thinking about it.