• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Hertz rental issue

SmD71nG

So, I have once again been locked out of the app by the hertz rental team. I have been doing my weekly extensions and will require a renewal next week. I have been driving without any issue or notifications. Until last night.
I got an email stating that my rental is "extremely past due and must be returned immediately by end of business day". This email was sent to me at 5:10pm on Friday! I don't even know how I am suppose to return my vehicle when the rental location closes at 5pm and for the entire weekend! I figured I would just deal with it on Monday since they are closed on the weekend and the 1800 is no help at all! They either do not answer or just have no clue what is going on and tell me to return my rental to a location that isn't even open!

I have had the rental location personal tell me once that the hertz people at the 1800 service site just don't update the profile or closes the rental profile before it fully updates and issues like that happens quiet frequent. So, I have basically been locked out from being able to earn any money for this weekend because of someone elses incompetence?!

Has anyone else had this issue before? Anyone know if there is any possibilities of my getting my rental added back to my Uber account without having to wait until Monday?

Last edited:

Ad nauseam

Sorry, new guy, no one cared to answer. May I speak for the team? Few have experience with "rentals" (I do) and fewer still have UBER experience with rentals. Far as I know, uber stopped more than a year ago, what do I know?
Mostly, renters are the drive share "untouchables" lower, than pit lizards on base runs....no one has the courage to stand up. And no one wants anyone calling them dumb.
So, put it all all me.
I have rented. And I will again if it suits my business plans and I triple double dare someone else to call me a name, again, for anything.
To wit,

You're f'ed. Till Monday

leroy jenkins

sounds like Hertz literally wants to you to go away. no being sarcastic.

Hertz probably makes more money renting cars to be used as cars and not taxis. they might even be winding down the program on their end.

SmD71nG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’m sorry if it Hertz your feelings !!

What are they charging you, is it that cheap that they can treat you like dirt ? Who pays them, you or Uber ?
It isn't cheap at all, I'm paying $1005/mth, but it is the easiest way to get a vehicle. I work full time and a lot of dealers won't sell to full time ride share workers. Not the ones I've visited at least. I pay them but it is a Uber sponsered program in affiliation with Hertz. I think I am in agreement with Leroy though, seems like they start doing this kind of stupid shit to eliminate long term renting. Was really trying to see if anyone else in Chicago has/was dealing with this kinda half-assery.

Irishjohn831

$250 per week isn’t bad, also a tax deduction on the rental.

They probably get a lot of crap from Uber and take it out on driver

SmD71nG

$250 per week isn’t bad, also a tax deduction on the rental.

They probably get a lot of crap from Uber and take it out on driver
I feel the price is about even since insurance is included and basic maintenance, everything except tires and windows repair. However I have to keep dealing with these types of bullshit issues. This is the second time this has happened and I loose out on weekend earnings. Doesn't help I had to miss a couple of days from getting sick this week. So it all just get very frustrating.

chitownXdriver

There are private car owners that lease out vehicles for about $150 a week, imo that would be a better and cheaper route to go than hertz

SmD71nG

There are private car owners that lease out vehicles for about $150 a week, imo that would be a better and cheaper route to go than hertz
I've heard of private fleet owners, but I haven't found or met anyone that offers it. Cause that could really help me mange my savings for my own vehicle much quicker. Got any ideas?

Ad nauseam

Leroy is prophetic, colorful chap.
Anywho if you don't manage even damn dime and work like there is no tomorrow EVERY damn day....it could be "car crack" in a hurry.
Never get away ....just owe the man.

Last edited:

quesie

It isn't cheap at all, I'm paying $1005/mth, but it is the easiest way to get a vehicle. I work full time and a lot of dealers won't sell to full time ride share workers. Not the ones I've visited at least. I pay them but it is a Uber sponsered program in affiliation with Hertz. I think I am in agreement with Leroy though, seems like they start doing this kind of stupid shit to eliminate long term renting. Was really trying to see if anyone else in Chicago has/was dealing with this kinda half-assery.
Try drivetime and quit throwing your money away.