Uber "help" double talk -- tiresome

seua_yai

Got this reply back after many e-mails back & forth trying to get paid for two hourly incentive periods where I accepted all requests. There was an app glitch during one of incentive periods (timed out in less than a second), the other had no acceptance issues (albeit one driver cancelled trip). From Uber...

"Please be advised that our system automatically detects and calculates your acceptance rate. Also, please take note that rejected trips may also affect your acceptance rate. This may be the reason why even if you accepted and completed alll (sic) the trips, your acceptance rate is still not in 100%.

To avoid this problem with your acceptance rate, please make sure to accept all the trip requests that offer to you and avoid rejecting and cancelling trips..."

The BS gets old sometimes

Last edited:

RedoBeach

Wonder when they started including canceling trips in acceptance rate.. Would be nice if they had told us.

The unhelpful and seemingly unrelated CSR emails from uber talking in circles are always par for the course.. Youll get used to it!

Euius

I canceled rides in both Friday and Saturday guarantee hours and got paid in full, without argument, for all of it.

My weekly acceptance rate was above 90%, but not for those specific hours

SurferDan

Got this reply back after many e-mails back & forth trying to get paid for two hourly incentive periods where I accepted all requests. There was an app glitch during one of incentive periods (timed out in less than a second), the other had no acceptance issues (albeit one driver cancelled trip). From Uber...

"Please be advised that our system automatically detects and calculates your acceptance rate. Also, please take note that rejected trips may also affect your acceptance rate. This may be the reason why even if you accepted and completed alll (sic) the trips, your acceptance rate is still not in 100%.

To avoid this problem with your acceptance rate, please make sure to accept all the trip requests that offer to you and avoid rejecting and cancelling trips..."

The BS gets old sometimes
Same thing happened to me. Got an 89% and an 88% acceptance rate on two of the incentive blocks due to app @@@@ing up. Says accepting the trip then the timer runs out and goes back to normal home screen. After the third 30 minute phone call I got my money. Shady how it put me just under the earnings level for these periods.

RedoBeach

Same thing happened to me. Got an 89% and an 88% acceptance rate on two of the incentive blocks due to app &%[email protected]!*ing up. Says accepting the trip then the timer runs out and goes back to normal home screen. After the third 30 minute phone call I got my money. Shady how it put me just under the earnings level for these periods.
They've been doing this for years.. Believe it or not, they are actually way better about this than they used to be. Read the blog of the girl who became homeless and slept in her brand new car mislead by expectations of Uber if you'd like to see how frustrating the app and getting paid were prior. The app didn't have any of the features it has now and conveniently glitched every time there was a promotion.
http://myuberexperience.blogspot.com/?m=1