Uber has work to do!

A T

Hello all

I would like to say my 1st week was a decent success my I noticed some cracks and flaws in the Uber system.

The GPS navigation system is a mess. Seems like they want the driver to sit in traffic and burn more gas which affects the ability to make money. One thing I have done is ask the rider do they have a preferred way to go before I start. Some people don't care how I go as long as I get there. In that case if I know the area I will go my own way.

The rating system seems a bit unfair. If a passenger gives you anything less than 5 stars shouldn't they leave a reason why they rated us less? Can't fix a problem if we don't know what it is. Now in not saying we need to know who did this but hey give us a carrot to chase and we can be mindful of what we can do better.

Also I had 48 rated trips 43 were 5 star. This morning that number went down to 47 rated trips and 42 5 star trips. I also had 15 unrated trips.

So potentiality I could get 15 5 star ratings or get 15 ratings of less than of a 5 star rating. I feel Uber should give the rider 48 hours to rate us. If they don't the driver should get a 5 star rating.

Newwber

Those cracks and flaws will become fjords and mindboggling stupidity the longer you drive. Trust me!

Reactions: A T

Newwber

I drove days only starting last December........ I haven't driven a human (except 1 ride for my son) since early June. I visit this site these days purely for amusement.

Reactions: A T

kevink

Hello all

I would like to say my 1st week was a decent success my I noticed some cracks and flaws in the Uber system.

The GPS navigation system is a mess. Seems like they want the driver to sit in traffic and burn more gas which affects the ability to make money. One thing I have done is ask the rider do they have a preferred way to go before I start. Some people don't care how I go as long as I get there. In that case if I know the area I will go my own way.

The rating system seems a bit unfair. If a passenger gives you anything less than 5 stars shouldn't they leave a reason why they rated us less? Can't fix a problem if we don't know what it is. Now in not saying we need to know who did this but hey give us a carrot to chase and we can be mindful of what we can do better.

Also I had 48 rated trips 43 were 5 star. This morning that number went down to 47 rated trips and 42 5 star trips. I also had 15 unrated trips.

So potentiality I could get 15 5 star ratings or get 15 ratings of less than of a 5 star rating. I feel Uber should give the rider 48 hours to rate us. If they don't the driver should get a 5 star rating.
Firstly, yes, the rating system is seriously flawed on many levels. Most notably in that on the PAX app, they are told 4 stars is considered "good." Seriously. So when I rerate a PAX and Uber says "OK, we've rerated the client, but would you care to share some additional details for our records?" How about you f&^kbags asking the PAX to justify why we were rated less than 5 stars and share with the driver?

Secondly, just do your best and ride it out. Be yourself. I once obsessed over the ratings, and still kinda do, but not nearly as badly as when I first started. I had two straight weeks of 5 star ratings and you know how much my rating went up? One hundredth of a freakin point! From 4.87 to 4.88. So am I going to kill myself anymore? No!

Thirdly, we really have no recourse to dispute a bad rating. Gave a ride the other night to some self-entitled 20-somethings, and offered an aux cord which I usually do for trips 15+ minutes. Good, safe ride, no issues, etc, and I still didn't get a 5 star. F that! And I knew it was them because I hadn't driven in a while so any "leftover" ratings from past trips had settled out with no activity/change to the ratings for almost a week prior to giving that ride.

A T

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Its funny you talk about leftover ratings I still have 20 some unrated trips. 20. Now i'm looking at it this in two ways. Could have been 20 people who could have helped me or worse 20 more people who would have ####&÷ me over.

Uber pool I don't feel is helping. Seems like someone is always unhappy even though they signed up for it but me the driver gets dinged for that. That problem I will solve easily I will not do that anymore. Buy the time uber takes their cut you really don't see much more of the money and all the uber pools are short trippers anyway.

Im also going to start picking up people with a rating of 4.8 or over im also going to consider the area im picking this individual up as well.

I know my car is clean I detail it myself. I am professional with the rider. I say hello introduce myself and confirm their destination. If they want to talk its cool if not that's fine as well.

My rating is a 4.80 63 LIFETIME TRIPS 50 RATED TRIPS AND 43 5 STARS. If the customers would rate us and not forget to do so, our numbers would be higher. I have rated all my customers so far five stars because they all have been superb. So how can I improve my ratings or do they need to be higher?

A T

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I had similar numbers to you except I was at a 4.78 so some deucebag really screwed me over.