Uber has started to restrict my pick ups

HHL

I have been Ubering for more than a year and current rating is 4,9. I think that I am doing this job pretty good, but recently Uber has started not let me to drive where I used to. Interestingly, I can access my account and pick riders up from only Washington DC. Anyway here is what happening, recently I cannot pick riders up from Virginia area as Maryland, and I sent them so many emails asking about this situation almost 2 weeks with no success. Today, I went to MD uber office, and met staff. He said that reason I cannot pick riders up from VA is my background check has some issue, but he could not show it to me today which he will send it to me. He assumes that according to VA law; I probably made more than 3 minor traffic violations in VA since 1st July 2015 which I don't believe. So is there anybody who has similiar issues? Please give me some advices? Thank you

Bart McCoy

I have been Ubering for more than a year and current rating is 4,9. I think that I am doing this job pretty good, but recently Uber has started not let me to drive where I used to. Interestingly, I can access my account and pick riders up from only Washington DC. Anyway here is what happening, recently I cannot pick riders up from Virginia area as Maryland, and I sent them so many emails asking about this situation almost 2 weeks with no success. Today, I went to MD uber office, and met staff. He said that reason I cannot pick riders up from VA is my background check has some issue, but he could not show it to me today which he will send it to me. He assumes that according to VA law; I probably made more than 3 minor traffic violations in VA since 1st July 2015 which I don't believe. So is there anybody who has similiar issues? Please give me some advices? Thank you
Well sounds like they explained it to you: you have violations, so you can't do VIRGINIA
what did they say about MARYLAND ?

HHL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maryland they sent me email states that my application rejected which uber submitted it behalf of me. They said I have to send email again. Most importantly, I did not even make more than 3 minor violations. I don't really understand them why uber does that to me. That is why I am trying to ask someone who has been experiencing similar issue. It is not the first time they ruining my account. Uber employees who reply the emails are really don't know their jobs all saying different issues to me. For instance, one saying oh ur DL expiring or another one says oh ur vehicle registration while another one saying I should reset my app or phone and network :frown:

New2This

Maryland they sent me email states that my application rejected which uber submitted it behalf of me. They said I have to send email again. Most importantly, I did not even make more than 3 minor violations. I don't really understand them why uber does that to me. That is why I am trying to ask someone who has been experiencing similar issue. It is not the first time they ruining my account. Uber employees who reply the emails are really don't know their jobs all saying different issues to me. For instance, one saying oh ur DL expiring or another one says oh ur vehicle registration while another one saying I should reset my app or phone and network :frown:
Welcome to the world of Uber 'support'

Key phrase for dealing with Uber Support: escalate this to a supervisor.

That will get someone with a 6th grade reading comprehension level as opposed to front line Uber Support techs that are barely 1st grade reading comprehension level.

Bart McCoy

Heres the thing, what you are asking is nothing new. They have not let people pick up because of their driving record (violations) and several people are in your boat. If you don't have 3 violations, Id take a copy of your driving record to the Uber office. Same with MARYLAND , you need a TNC license to drive. Uber automatically registers you for it and gives you a temp license (just check your way bill),but it may come back canceled if you have violations. The Maryland thing is just started this summer. So again, if you have no violations, take a copy of your driving record to PSC (who handles marylands taxi/TNC operations)

HHL

Hey thanks a lot Bart. I think MD will say same thing, so I agree with you. I have court 15th of this Aug, and it seems like I must win this. Otherwise, it is like I got fired even I have very good rating and rider feedback :frown:

HHL

Thanks all for replies. I am so glad that I found this forum page.

HHL

Welcome to the world of Uber 'support'

Key phrase for dealing with Uber Support: escalate this to a supervisor.

That will get someone with a 6th grade reading comprehension level as opposed to front line Uber Support techs that are barely 1st grade reading comprehension level.

I just think Uber tries to kick me out with no reason. I heard they have excessive number of drivers, so trying to kick who is getting 80%.

tohunt4me

Stay away from Langley !
Is what your background report said.

HHL

Stay away from Langley !
Is what your background report said.
Staff tried to pull up my background check but he couldn't which I think he just didn't want. He said that he will send it to me couple days while I am losing my Platinum Status earnings as a full time Uber driver. Now I realize that Ubering is not a job!

HHL

Heres the thing, what you are asking is nothing new. They have not let people pick up because of their driving record (violations) and several people are in your boat. If you don't have 3 violations, Id take a copy of your driving record to the Uber office. Same with MARYLAND , you need a TNC license to drive. Uber automatically registers you for it and gives you a temp license (just check your way bill),but it may come back canceled if you have violations. The Maryland thing is just started this summer. So again, if you have no violations, take a copy of your driving record to PSC (who handles marylands taxi/TNC operations)
I understand MD new regulation, but what staff said is kind of suspicious. He said that drivers cannot make more than 3 minor MINOR traffic violations?????!?? Is that really true???
I mean making fkn U turn, stop sign and change lane that are what everybody does right? Isn't that too strict? Or it is just Uber's plan to kick drivers even they doing very well.

Midnight Rider

All,

I have a question. I have been nailed by at least two speed cameras in the last several months. These violations are based on my car tag number, not me as the driver, since they cannot be sure that it was me that was driving. Can these tickets come back to haunt me with Uber? Doubtful, but just wondering.

HHL

All,

I have a question. I have been nailed by at least two speed cameras in the last several months. These violations are based on my car tag number, not me as the driver, since they cannot be sure that it was me that was driving. Can these tickets come back to haunt me with Uber? Doubtful, but just wondering.

For me, I don't think it's gonna affect it. I have several speed cameras and parking violations in Washington DC since I started Ubering. They just give ticket even you dropping of or picking up.
I am in DMV line to get my driving record then I will go to uber again try to find supervisor today. Unfortunately, some people being sarcastic, but I am pretty sure that they will experience my situation sooner or later!

nutzareus

All,

Pay the ticket you might not be able to renew your license plate when it expires.

Reactions: HHL

TahoeAl

I understand MD new regulation, but what staff said is kind of suspicious. He said that drivers cannot make more than 3 minor MINOR traffic violations?????!?? Is that really true???
I mean making fkn U turn, stop sign and change lane that are what everybody does right? Isn't that too strict? Or it is just Uber's plan to kick drivers even they doing very well.
If you have these tickets on your driving record, then more than likely you have been doing a lot of interfacing with the officers of the law and that's not good. All three of these "minor violations" are "Moving violation" which are a big deal for any company that requires you to drive of a living. For the "lane change" ticket, you have got to really piss-off the police to get one of those.

Your best move is to fight the tickets if you can. It would be rare for Uber to give you a break.

Reactions: HHL

HHL

If you have these tickets on your driving record, then more than likely you have been doing a lot of interfacing with the officers of the law and that's not good. All three of these "minor violations" are "Moving violation" which are a big deal for any company that requires you to drive of a living. For the "lane change" ticket, you have got to really piss-off the police to get one of those.

Your best move is to fight the tickets if you can. It would be rare for Uber to give you a break.
Thanks a lot for advice

HHL

I just cannot believe what Uber said to me. I mean there is no way to uber driver who has no more than 2 MINOR issues within last 3 YEARS if they drive every day ?!

Bart McCoy

All,

no. those are fines. They don't show up on DMV records and Ubers bans you off of what DMV records show so.............

I just cannot believe what Uber said to me. I mean there is no way to uber driver who has no more than 2 MINOR issues within last 3 YEARS if they drive every day ?!
I haven't gotten a ticker other than photo tickets in over 5 years

everythingsuber

Welcome to the world of the professional driver. Your driving must be exemplary every time you get behind the wheel. Amateur drivers get tickets.