• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Has @@@@ed My Life

F-uber-

My Uber Story

So I have been driving with Uber for almost a year now, in which time my soul goal has been to try to hit the 3000 rides with them so I can get my tuition payed for by Uber to the ASU online college. The reason I drive for Uber is so I can support my wife and 3 year old daughter. But here is a story how Uber has really screwed me over and hasn’t done anything or care about it. October 2nd, 2019 I was on my way to drop my daughter off with my wife so I could head out to work for Uber however I noticed my Uber account had been put on hold due to some unknown reason, all it said was to contact “Uber Support”, which if any of you have ever contacted Uber Support you will know how unhelpful they really are, I won’t go into that right now though. I called Uber Support and they told me my account was on hold due to the background check being run and should be up and running in 7-15 days, that was not acceptable because I have many bill to pay and I have to be able to make money, I mean it would be like if another company all the sudden just told someone not to come in to work for 7-15 days because of some reason but they weren’t fired or let go they just didn’t get to come to work for a week or 2 without pay. Now a week earlier on September 23rd, 2019 I went and rented car car with the Hertz/Uber team up they have. I drove 1 week with the vehicle which was nice to be able to not have to put so many miles on my personal vehicle and I liked the fact that if I hit a certain amount of rides Uber would help pay for that vehicle. However, the second week Uber shut off my account without warning because they are running the background check. Now I’m gonna talk about what is on my background check, I have 3 infraction or tickets whatever you want to call them nothing crazy, speeding ticket and one time I didn’t have my insurance card on me but I still had insurance at the time and a parking ticket, these things have happened in the last 2-3 years. They have all been payed for and taken care of no outstanding bills or things I need to go to court for. So here is where it all gets fishy, Uber told me to go to a court and get documentation for proof that all this has been taken care of and I still don’t owe money, CheckR the background company Uber has told me that the background check was completed and was fine and it was up to Uber if they wanted to hire me again, so I went back to Uber with the correct documents that showed that this was all taken care of and they told me that the background company had needed this to see that it was clear and I could start driving again. So I sent the documents to CheckR and gave them a call to follow up with them and they said the only thing I could do to clear my background check was to call a local DMV and ask them to remove the infractions from my driving record and I’d be good to go. So already Uber and CheckR are not adding up together for what I should do so I can start making money again to support my family. For those of you who don’t know this infractions or tickets stay on your driving record for 5 years and the DMV cants remove them before hand. So does any of this add up? Oh, and also I have 2,538 trip completed over 9 months with an Uber rating of 4.92 and I’m a diamond member I consider it a good rating,I am almost to the 3000 mark I believe Uber doesn’t want to pay for my tuition so they are finding a reason to shut down my account. Have any of you had anything like this happen?

tohunt4me

My Uber Story

So I have been driving with Uber for almost a year now, in which time my soul goal has been to try to hit the 3000 rides with them so I can get my tuition payed for by Uber to the ASU online college. The reason I drive for Uber is so I can support my wife and 3 year old daughter. But here is a story how Uber has really screwed me over and hasn’t done anything or care about it. October 2nd, 2019 I was on my way to drop my daughter off with my wife so I could head out to work for Uber however I noticed my Uber account had been put on hold due to some unknown reason, all it said was to contact “Uber Support”, which if any of you have ever contacted Uber Support you will know how unhelpful they really are, I won’t go into that right now though. I called Uber Support and they told me my account was on hold due to the background check being run and should be up and running in 7-15 days, that was not acceptable because I have many bill to pay and I have to be able to make money, I mean it would be like if another company all the sudden just told someone not to come in to work for 7-15 days because of some reason but they weren’t fired or let go they just didn’t get to come to work for a week or 2 without pay. Now a week earlier on September 23rd, 2019 I went and rented car car with the Hertz/Uber team up they have. I drove 1 week with the vehicle which was nice to be able to not have to put so many miles on my personal vehicle and I liked the fact that if I hit a certain amount of rides Uber would help pay for that vehicle. However, the second week Uber shut off my account without warning because they are running the background check. Now I’m gonna talk about what is on my background check, I have 3 infraction or tickets whatever you want to call them nothing crazy, speeding ticket and one time I didn’t have my insurance card on me but I still had insurance at the time and a parking ticket, these things have happened in the last 2-3 years. They have all been payed for and taken care of no outstanding bills or things I need to go to court for. So here is where it all gets fishy, Uber told me to go to a court and get documentation for proof that all this has been taken care of and I still don’t owe money, CheckR the background company Uber has told me that the background check was completed and was fine and it was up to Uber if they wanted to hire me again, so I went back to Uber with the correct documents that showed that this was all taken care of and they told me that the background company had needed this to see that it was clear and I could start driving again. So I sent the documents to CheckR and gave them a call to follow up with them and they said the only thing I could do to clear my background check was to call a local DMV and ask them to remove the infractions from my driving record and I’d be good to go. So already Uber and CheckR are not adding up together for what I should do so I can start making money again to support my family. For those of you who don’t know this infractions or tickets stay on your driving record for 5 years and the DMV cants remove them before hand. So does any of this add up? Oh, and also I have 2,538 trip completed over 9 months with an Uber rating of 4.92 and I’m a diamond member I consider it a good rating,I am almost to the 3000 mark I believe Uber doesn’t want to pay for my tuition so they are finding a reason to shut down my account. Have any of you had anything like this happen?
Uber = EVIL

Attachments

Ssgcraig

The background thing happened to me in September 2018. Difference with my situation was the app showed me as online, waiting for trips. I knew something was wrong after three hours and no pings. Checked the rider app, and I am not showing. Called the awesome support line and after hours was finally told it was the background check.

What happened is I didn't drive for months prior to September 2018, so I ignored the messages that I needed to opt in and consent to a background check. Uber without warning took me offline once I started driving again. Took a week to get back on, I don't have anything that would fail the CORI.

Seems like you do have violations that would cause you to fail, which is your fault, not Ubers. They run a check once a year AT LEAST. 3 violations in one year and you are deactivated.

Cold Fusion

My Uber Story

TL : DR

O-Side Uber

A speeding ticket isn’t an infraction... I’m pretty sure you hit the threshold for tickets 🎫

I have a court date in week to fight an infraction of going straight from a right turn only lane. I plead not guilty. I’m going in armed with evidence , I don’t think he’s going to show

For the sake of your daughter , apply with whatever pizza delivery or quick job with tips that you can do until this is cleared up.

**Its hard to avoid tickets , it’s the second suckiest thing about the job after accidents . Sorry this happened . I’ve learned pax are never worth speeding or picking up from bad spots

Launchpad McQuack

What is the picture for?
It indicates that the person that responded is not interested in being helpful in any way and just wants to mock your writing style. You will encounter lots of these people. Just ignore them and move on. They are not even worth a snarky response.

doesn't matter if tickets are paid. 3 violations in 3 years is a deactivation.

insurance considers 3 in 3 drivers high risk.
From what I have been told, though, parking tickets don't count toward the 3 in 3. Only moving violations. I'm not sure if not having your insurance card on you would be considered a moving violation, provided that you had valid insurance at the time and just didn't have the card on you. So that is possibly 1 in 3, or worst case, 2 in 3 (assuming that what I have been told about parking tickets is correct).

Ssgcraig

**Its hard to avoid tickets , it’s the second suckiest thing about the job after accidents .
Silly statement, if you don't break the law, you are not getting a ticket. When you get into a right only lane because you don't want to wait your turn, you deserve a ticket.
Post automatically merged:

From what I have been told, though, parking tickets don't count toward the 3 in 3. Only moving violations. I'm not sure if not having your insurance card on you would be considered a moving violation, provided that you had valid insurance at the time and just didn't have the card on you. So that is possibly 1 in 3, or worst case, 2 in 3 (assuming that what I have been told about parking tickets is correct).
I think you are correct, parking tickets are not moving violations and do not reflect in the decision.

O-Side Uber

Silly statement, if you don't break the law, you are not getting a ticket. When you get into a right only lane because you don't want to wait your turn, you deserve a ticket.
Post automatically merged:

I think you are correct, parking tickets are not moving violations and do not reflect in the decision.

My statement was silly ? Your statement was redundant and unnecessary . Obviously we all TRY not to get tickets , but they happen .. what world are YOU living in ???

kingcorey321

i feel for you trying to better your self and your family.
screw uber . my advice to you this is not an insult buy my advice.
go apply at mcdonalds they pay owards collage from my understanding and mcdonalds will pay benefits for your family also you will make better money for your family. mcdonalds is fast food but it has changed its a good place to work if you want to go to collage
McDonald's Triples Crew Tuition Assistance for Restaurant Employees, Lowers Eligibility Requirement to 90 Days
Crew: Eligible crew will have access to $2,500/year, up from $700/year.
Managers: Eligible Managers will have access to $3,000/year, up from $1,050.
More items...•Mar 29, 2018