1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber has confidentially filed to go public

Discussion in 'News' started by everythingsuber, Dec 7, 2018 at 6:43 PM.

1. tohunt4me likes this.
  2. Fozzie

Fozzie

Driving:
    UberX
    This was already posted in another thread. Bottom line, they're forced to move forward faster than expected due to Lyft filing the same paperwork yesterday.

everythingsuber likes this.
  3. Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 6:56 PM
  4. Liberty from owning shares.

Lyft going and being a flop would be a disaster.
    Both have only lodged the paperwork. That takes about a month for the powers that be to look over. It could still be in a holding pattern for a while if there are issues with disclosure that need to be addressed. Can see that happening. I'm stocking up on popcorn and waiting for the prospectus.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 7:36 PM
    tohunt4me and Fozzie like this.
  5. Yeah, lyft royally srewed uber because now potential investors are far more likely to look closely at both trying to figure out the relative merits between the two in an effort to determine how to divvy up the investment pool between them.

My guess is they won't like what they see from Lyft, but they're really not going to like what they discover about uber.

6. Fozzie

Fozzie

Driving:
    UberX
    People will learn about rideshare when the first company goes public. By the time the second goes public, the entire world will know that they're nothing but smoke and mirrors. 2019 will be interesting to say the least.

7. Mole

Mole

I predict both companies will do quite well with the upcoming IPO’s people are stupid they will invest in anything just like drivers renting and leasing cars to drive for Uber/lyft.

8. You need serious investment funds to buy in.
    First rule of any investment fund in the real world is don't lose money.
    You also keep in mind there is never going to be a more scrutinised prospectus.
    Uber can't be a 50/50 risk to get that kind of backing.

9. Mole

Mole

Uber turns down people and hedge funds monies on a daily basis. Banks will invest and hedge funds will invest then people will invest so I must disagree with you.

islanddriver and everythingsuber like this.
  10. Uber had no shortage of people who wanted to get out when softbank was buying at a 41 billion. If those hedge fund managers could get hold of those current share holders they possibly could have worked something out.

11. Long term investors are going to want out is my guess, as you note some did quickly previously when offered the opportunity.

If we operate from the assumption that the IPO will be wildly successful for uber and its current investors, at what point do current investors start d̶u̶m̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶c̶k diversifying to reduce their overall financial risks, and following that, at what point do we start seeing lawsuits when it turns out the majority get out from under quickly if that's what happens?

TwoFiddyMile and everythingsuber like this.
  12. Mole

Mole

Well if someone offered you $2,000,000 n a $0 investment would you want out and take the money?

13. Jo3030

Jo3030 Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Apparently Uber and Lyft filed on the same exact day.

14. If true that's almost too distinct an event to have been coincidental, and if not, that raises some interesting questions, like how did the one know the other was going to file that day for starters.

tohunt4me likes this.
  15. Yeah that's not a coincidence. Suspect it's just hard to keep a secret like that though. Too many people involved in the process.
    There is video of them waiting outside for the office to open though.

TwoFiddyMile, Wonkytonk and tohunt4me like this.
  16. After Lyft filed to go Public . . .

" GOD VIEW"

And GOOGLE/ D.A.R.P.A. DEFENSE CONTRACTOR KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE BOTH DOING !

Uber owns BICYCLES !
    Uber is Diversified.
    Uber is Global.

Attached Files:

17. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime

Driving:
    Lyft
    “confidentially“
    The world knows the very next day.
    [​IMG]

TwoFiddyMile and tohunt4me like this.
  18. " Technology "!

19. Mortimer, the first instinct is to sell, sell, sell. Then buy, buy, buy if it goes up. A company as well known as Goober should have a good opening. But remember, buyers wont forget that they need to buy the kids the G.I. Joe with the Kung Fu grip for Christmas!

tohunt4me likes this.
  20. Is G.I. JOE STILL AROUND ?

Not " Politically Correct " !

GI Joe with Cyborg companion and airstrike Drone !

( Hint - the 2001 50th Anniversary Pearl Harbor G.I. Joe set will be worth something one day)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018 at 12:38 PM