Uber has changed destination mode back to 2 uses per day.

Kodometer

Glorious comrades,

In accordance with the spirit of Juche, Uber has decided that harmonious operations require you to accept trips everywhere, all the time. Thus, this new embodiment of the Marxist spirit of compliance will ensure pool riders are transported to their glorious endpoints promptly, so they may place flowers at the foot of their dear leader (Bezos) without delay.

Screenshot_20170922-003936.jpg

Last edited:

K-pax

360 days of change. Has Travis come back to Uber? You have got to be kidding me. Next will They remove in app tipping? Almost stared getting brainwashed that uber was going to make an effort.

No, I have not noticed longer pickups at all. Lyft has 6 filters a day, and has for a long time. I get people half a block away from me all the time on lyft. You are full of crap, Uber.

Last edited:

heynow321

LOL big old @@@@ YOU UBER! keep this shit up. watch your driver retention costs skyrocket. just denied a 3.85 rated @@@@@@ on uberpool earlier. keep chipping away at your market share...slowly but surely. what's that quote about going broke? it happens slowly then devastatingly fast.

360 days of change. Has Travis come back to Uber? You have got to be kidding me. Next will They remove in app tipping? Almost stared getting brainwashed that uber was going to make an effort.

fool me once....something something fool me twice. boober is the worst of humanity incarnate. never forget that.

K-pax

This is after they emailed drivers raving about subsidized pools with no change. More clear earnings? How much clearer do they have to get that they screw me out of money constantly. Yes, I can see that they take routinely 50+% from my fares while supressing surge to almost nothing, even in high demand times (while charging pax full surge). I can read it loud and clear, Uber. No further clarification needed.

Smashup

Kind of odd they say it is causing slow downs.

My experience with destination filter is often that it gets me to my destination, ONLY if I give it all day, or now set a time to arrive by.

Other than that I've seen it give me rides that were a) behind me, and b) took me further away, such that I've experience crossing Seattle using DF in 90+ minutes when I would have expected 1 or 2 rides getting me ever closer to my destination in 30 minutes.

=======================================

Anyway, so 180 days of change are working gloriously.

With the 180 days of change and the hiring of Dara and Bozoma and her other fem friends, Uber reputation in the press is probably close to pre-Susan Fowler levels. Add to that the many repudiations of Trump and Uber's help of immigrants and Uber is now the progressive success story.

I'm just not sure what you alt-righters are complaining about but you need to get with the program.

heynow321

Isn’t there a union vote coming up somewhere? I’m eligible. :smiles:
exactly. push us further into the arms of others who want to represent our interests. these guys are REALLY focusing on the bigger picture! poor special snowflakes had to wait an extra minute or two until they get could get their ride :frown: oh the humanity!

i wish i had the ears of the lyft people for moments like this. LYFT! capitalize on this! point out how boober is screwing drivers yet again!

K-pax

The independent drivers guild my friends. They work with unions but get the gig economy. Hasn’t caused a pullout in any market they represent. I could sure use the money they give to drivers who have down time right now. Non-compulsory membership, no making people employees. they offer what they offer and if you like it, you can get it. NYC is covered and the sky still stands. IDG gave us worldwide tipping btw.

I think the IDG should expand it’s borders. :smiles:

heynow321

The independent drivers guild my friends. They work with unions but get the gig economy. Hasn’t caused a pullout in any market they represent. I could sure use the money they give to drivers who have down time right now. Non-compulsory membership, no making people employees. NYC is covered and the sky still stands. IDG gave us worldwide tipping btw.

we can't back down from this shit. "ridesharing" is NOT a new industry. it's @@@@ing livery. travis and his ilk (including the pu$$ies from lyft) are just scammers who convinced the @@@@@@s in charge that it's somehow "different" from the taxi industry. it's not. it's the same stupid thing. do NOT allow yourself to be screwed over by the rich. you're not part of the club and probably never will be. the don't care about you and never will.

K-pax

Independent Drivers Guild already operates in places representing RS drivers. Not a single market shut down. They got worldwide tipping (so far: waiting for the brief that revokes this). They also support drivers with down time Monetarily. That would be nice. No compulsury membership, members are still independent... They seek to represent ALL gig economy workers, not just rideshare. :smiles: I’m open and eligible for the CBO vote.

Much better than the teamsters, as they have a track record in our line of work. So far, total
Success.

heynow321

Independent Drivers Guild already operates in places representing RS drivers. Not a single market shut down. They got worldwide tipping (so far: waiting for the brief). They also support drivers with down time Monetarily. That would be nice. No compulsury membership, members are still independent... They seek to represent ALL gig economy workers, not just rideshare. :smiles:

Much better than the teamsters, as they have a track record in our line of work. So far, total
Success.
are you trying to redefine a union using different language? it's like a large group who advocates on behalf of said group.

K-pax

are you trying to redefine a union using different language? it's like a large group who advocates on behalf of said group.

They may be, not me. All I’m concerned with is their track record vs. the teamsters. A union as defined is an amazing idea... they are corrupted institutions, as organizations. NYC drivers on Uber/Lyft are organized currently under the Independent Drivers Guild... which does work with the machinists union. It hasn’t caused a pullout. Drivers are still independent, and their efforts have forced uber to implement thjngs like in app tipping (available
In NYC before anywhere) worldwide.

I’m eligable for the CBO vote. :smiles: no on teamsters. Yes on IDG. Time to do some research.

Smashup

Independent Drivers Guild already operates in places representing RS drivers. Not a single market shut down. They got worldwide tipping (so far: waiting for the brief that revokes this). They also support drivers with down time Monetarily. That would be nice. No compulsury membership, members are still independent... They seek to represent ALL gig economy workers, not just rideshare. :smiles: I’m open and eligible for the CBO vote.

Success.

Where does the IDG operate outside of NYC?

I think they are NYC only, but also, much of their competence and even their leverage comes from their close affiliation with the Machinists Union.

https://drivingguild.org/

K-pax

Where does the IDG operate outside of NYC?

I think they are NYC only, but also, much of their competence and even their leverage comes from their close affiliation with the Machinists Union.

https://drivingguild.org/

They already work with the teamsters on the west coast. I would be much more willing to listen to the IDG, with teamsters muscle.

Smashup

My experience with destination filter is often that it gets me to my destination, ONLY if I give it all day, or now set a time to arrive by.

Other than that I've seen it give me rides that were a) behind me, and b) took me further away, such that I've experience crossing Seattle using DF in 90+ minutes when I would have expected 1 or 2 rides getting me ever closer to my destination in 30 minutes.

I'm apparently not the only one to have destination filter rides send me in the opposite direction

They already work with the teamsters on the west coast. I would be much more willing to listen to the IDG, with teamsters muscle.

Well I'd be happy if us drivers were courted by two or more groups.

K-pax

I'm apparently not the only one to have destination filter rides send me in the opposite direction

Well I'd be happy if us drivers were courted by two or more groups.

Me too. I distrust corrupt orgs. The IDG isn’t courting anyone over here. I wish they were. Much much better than the teamsters. Within the law to thwart lawsuits against organization, respective of the independent gig economy, track record that thwarts Uber’s fear mongering. If they pull out of Seattle because of IDG. What do you think will happen iN NYC... in solidarity. Uber pulls out of the home market of their venture capital? I think not. Rofl. I think Uber had just changed my mind on a few things.

Smashup

Me too. I distrust corrupt orgs. The IDG isn’t courting anyone over here. I wish they were. Much much better than the teamsters.

All that could very easily be true, but I think it's irrelevant however the Teamsters got here, that's who we have, so it's Teamsters or Uber's Drive Forward and that ain't any sort of option.

Within the law to thwart lawsuits against organization, respective of the independent gig economy, track record that thwarts Uber’s fear mongering. If they pull out of Seattle because of IDG. What do you think will happen iN NYC... in solidarity.

I think that would occur with the Teamsters as much as it would with the Machinists and the IDG, that's just unions showing solidarity, or so I would hope.

Same with Teamsters in SF standing with us and not delivering shite to Uber HQ.

Uber pulls out of the home market of their venture capital? I think not.

That's my feeling too, as President Bush said "Na gonna happen, wouldn't be prudent".

But we've been over that many times. 2017 is not 2016 or 2015. The instant Uber pulls out, everyone and her sister is jumping in.

K-pax

Does the legislation specifically state the Teamsters, or is that just who lobbied for it? HUGE difference. Legally, courts would shut down teamsters membership because we aren't employees (nor do I want to be).... If the legislation specifically states it, please provide links. If The teamsters would just work with the IDG, I would be much more willing to listen, because the IDG is an organization with much better track record in respect to people who want what the gig economy provides (non-employee status, flexibility, ability to earn according to effort/strategy,

Smashup

Does the legislation specifically state the Teamsters, or is that just who lobbied for it? HUGE difference. Legally, courts would shut down teamsters membership because we aren't employees (nor do I want to be).... If the legislation specifically states it, please provide links. If The teamsters would just work with the IDG, I would be much more willing to listen, because the IDG is an organization with much better track record in respect to people who want what the gig economy provides (non-employee status, flexibility, ability to earn according to effort/strategy,

Well, I'm no lawyer, no sirree, but my understanding is there was some deadline set by Seattle for groups to come forward and propose to represent us, and only the Teamsters met that deadline.