Uber has a never-ending stream of driver sexual assaults

Oscar Levant

So do taxi companies, but since they are many and small, they don't get the attention. Uber is big, and in any block of 400,000 people, whatever the type, you are going to find a number of assualts. It's mathematical probability, that's all.

Red Leader

You didn't school anyone. When asked to back up your facts you changed the topic.
Nope. My statements were clear. Trying to ignore historical facts just make you look desperate and ignorant.

But that's ok. Not much more was expected of you.

So do taxi companies, but since they are many and small, they don't get the attention. Uber is big, and in any block of 400,000 people, whatever the type, you are going to find a number of assualts. It's mathematical probability, that's all.
There used to be a banner ad on this site. It was called Taxi Facts. I figured Uber owned it because it would document crimes committed by cab drivers.

It got so bad that the mods would ban anyone who quoted it. Drove the cab drivers nuts.

Demon

Nope. My statements were clear. Trying to ignore historical facts just make you look desperate and ignorant.

But that's ok. Not much more was expected of you.

There used to be a banner ad on this site. It was called Taxi Facts. I figured Uber owned it because it would document crimes committed by cab drivers.

It got so bad that the mods would ban anyone who quoted it. Drove the cab drivers nuts.
Where are these historical facts you keep referring to?

No one is saying that taxi drivers didn't commit crimes.

JimS

Might be old but I just wanted to correct you and say he was an Uber driver. Not a taxi driver.
That was exactly my point. He was caught because he was traceable. Uber drivers are singled out because they are caught. Taxi drivers are NOT any better, they just don't get caught as often because identifying them is much more difficult.

Brooklyn

That was exactly my point. He was caught because he was traceable. Uber drivers are singled out because they are caught. Taxi drivers are NOT any better, they just don't get caught as often because identifying them is much more difficult.
But you said “hack”

Anyway... in NYC you can catch a yellow cab driver just as easily.. all you need is the plate number and that’s it.

I’ve had a situation where I got into it with my Uber driver(didn’t want to pick me up because I wasn’t a good enough fare) and when I messaged Uber they didn’t supply me with the info until I got the TLC involved.

And what do you mean caught? Like all these rapes happening in Uber’s? So like you mean there’s a insane amount of unsolved rapes happening in cabs? Do you have proof of this?

JimS

But you said “hack”

Anyway... in NYC you can catch a yellow cab driver just as easily.. all you need is the plate number and that’s it.

I’ve had a situation where I got into it with my Uber driver(didn’t want to pick me up because I wasn’t a good enough fare) and when I messaged Uber they didn’t supply me with the info until I got the TLC involved.

And what do you mean caught? Like all these rapes happening in Uber’s? So like you mean there’s a insane amount of unsolved rapes happening in cabs? Do you have proof of this?
But you can get the data if you need it. And, no, catching a plate number is not as easy as already having the data on your phone, on your Uber account, etc. What if you don't have a pen? Sheesh - I can't believe people are actually arguing that it's just as simple to find a cabbie as it is to know who your last Uber driver was. Yes, I'm sure you're right. Women getting attacked should have the mindset to commit to memory a license plate number or a medallion number while it's speeding away.

And, no, no proof - because taxi drivers are a lot more (not completely) anonymous, therefore, I hypothesize that it is grossly underreported.

Finally, Akayed Ullah, the stupid NYC bomber wanna be, was not an Uber driver. "Ullah was a licensed cab driver from March 2012 to March 2015" though Yellow, Uber, Lyft all agree he didn't work for them: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/1...ion-suspect-what-know-about-akayed-ullah.html

Last edited:

Brooklyn

But you can get the data if you need it. And, no, catching a plate number is not as easy as already having the data on your phone, on your Uber account, etc. What if you don't have a pen? Sheesh - I can't believe people are actually arguing that it's just as simple to find a cabbie as it is to know who your last Uber driver was. Yes, I'm sure you're right. Women getting attacked should have the mindset to commit to memory a license plate number or a medallion number while it's speeding away.

And, no, no proof - because taxi drivers are a lot more (not completely) anonymous, therefore, I hypothesize that it is grossly underreported.

Finally, Akayed Ullah, the stupid NYC bomber wanna be, was not an Uber driver. "Ullah was a licensed cab driver from March 2012 to March 2015" though Yellow, Uber, Lyft all agree he didn't work for them: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/1...ion-suspect-what-know-about-akayed-ullah.html
I love how people play stupid when it benefits them.

You get high tech and call cars with your phone at the click of a button but if you need to take down 4 letters and numbers for a cab all the sudden you need to walk around with a pen and pad... that’s what notepad on your phone is for.

That aside.. you can hail cabs with taxi apps.

THAT aside.. you really believe Uber on that? Everything Uber has lied about and now you’re gonna choose to believe them?

Don’t you find it weird that he got his TLC license the same time Uber came into NYC?

Don’t you find it weird that the TLC keeps track of what bases cars are registered to and can find what drivers work at which base because drivers must have a base to operate.. but this happens and all the sudden the TLC doesn’t keep track of who’s registered to what base?

End of the day you do have bad cab drivers but the difference is they drive for a living... Uber drivers just need to download an app. A driver who goes through the process of investing into buying a taxi medallion would more likely be cautious of breaking the law compared to a guy who got bored one weekend and downloaded an app to work as a taxi driver.. and that’s not even debatable.

JimS

I love how people play stupid when it benefits them.

You get high tech and call cars with your phone at the click of a button but if you need to take down 4 letters and numbers for a cab all the sudden you need to walk around with a pen and pad... that’s what notepad on your phone is for.
Do you actually use Uber? Do you know how the app works? You put in a request, put in the destination, then you forget about it. You don't pull your phone out of your pocket immediately following an assault and determine who it was that attacked you. You make your way to a friendly place and eventually show your phone to a cop and say "THAT POS ATTACKED ME!"

So... Because Uber lies, you can definitively tell me he drove for them? LOL

TwoFiddyMile

Do you actually use Uber? Do you know how the app works? You put in a request, put in the destination, then you forget about it. You don't pull your phone out of your pocket immediately following an assault and determine who it was that attacked you. You make your way to a friendly place and eventually show your phone to a cop and say "THAT POS ATTACKED ME!"

Show us on the doll where your Uber driver touched you...

Brooklyn

Lol no one said anything about pulling out your phone directly after an attack... just it was stupid you used the “I have to find a pencil” as an argument.. and now your argument is getting worse with “do you use Uber”..

And I can’t tell you he drove for them because that data somehow is missing... but how can you say he was a cab driver if you can’t tell either?.... oh alright.