Uber Greenlight Closed!

eviljbrian

My roomate was in an accident and was in the process of getting another car registered to drive with Lyft/Uber. He got through with Lyft with no problem, however we find out that the Greenlight Hub has now closed! So far Uber Support has been less than helpful on this, saying that he would have to go down to Las Vegas to get one. That means he would be missing one day of his normal 9 to 5 job, to drive hours down to Vegas just to get the TNC sticker and come back. They did NOT plan this out at all since nobody seems to know of anywhere else to get these stickers.

Any ideas about this at all from anyone?

eviljbrian

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
When did this happen? I was at the hub in Reno just last week.
Apparently last Friday. I'm an Uber exclusive driver myself because Lyft won't accept my car.

I sent them a message about it on twitter to find out where we can get our TNC permits, my roomie called the news stations that Uber closed it's only hub where we get the TNC permits at, and I think he's going to go to the Transportation Authority to see if he can get one from them and to let them know what's going on.

Timbrr

It was permanently closed on 13-Sep-2019.

Yep
I discovered that after I replied. Google is my friend. ?
There must be a better way to get the tnc decal than driving all the way to Vegas. But Uber support isn't going to be very helpful I'm sure. I wonder if they'd accept a lyft tnc decal? Hmm

eviljbrian

Yep
I discovered that after I replied. Google is my friend. ?
There must be a better way to get the tnc decal than driving all the way to Vegas. But Uber support isn't going to be very helpful I'm sure. I wonder if they'd accept a lyft tnc decal? Hmm
Yea. My post with the link is still in the "awaiting moderation" abyss. I sent Uber and Uber support a twitter message about it asking about it, and my roomie called the news stations about it. I'm also wondering if the Transportation Authority would be able to give them to us as well.

As I said, I'm exclusively an Uber driver, but only because I use a Ford Fiesta. Otherwise I'd have gone with Lyft.

My roomie also told me that they won't accept the Lyft TNC decal because it's different. He also used to be a lyft recruiter.

eviljbrian

Sacramento is closer. I wonder if you can use the hub in ca for nv business.
I doubt it, considering it would be under California jurisdiction. They would have to have some kind of agreement with Uber and Nevada in order to get the TNC permits out.

1974toyota

Apparently last Friday. I'm an Uber exclusive driver myself because Lyft won't accept my car.

I sent them a message about it on twitter to find out where we can get our TNC permits, my roomie called the news stations that Uber closed it's only hub where we get the TNC permits at, and I think he's going to go to the Transportation Authority to see if he can get one from them and to let them know what's going on.
uber lost $5Billion dollars last Qtr, they have been laying off people maybe they shut it down to save $$$ ? Man there next earnings date is like Nov 7, they report another bad Qtr,look out,jmo

kc ub'ing!

Friend in Reno needed a new tnc sticker. Uber told her she had to go to sac! Said they couldn’t mail it. Ridiculous!

She went, got the sticker and is on the road again.

Last edited: