Uber Goo

manuella

Given there is good parking , am I the only one who kinda asks for permission the other rider if we should leave the poor bastard lol

yucklyftline

Will the no show fee work with every subequent pax, or just the first, like lyft?

I don't see mention of it in their announcement. As if they don't understand the repurcussions that can stem from this new feature. Things like this make me think they have no clue

Morda

No show reduces your acceptance rating. Yesterday I made 16 trips. and other 12 more trips were No Shows. Today received a message that my acceptance rating of 56%. But I acctepted all my requests.

yucklyftline

Ride gets cancelled what one star?
I'm referring to the pax already inside the car waiting it out with you. If they're sensitive, or work for uber, or like to follow rules, it might rub them the wrong way if you take off early or make no attempt to pick up the next uberpool pax. It's cya (cover yo ass) to ask them if they're ok leaving. I've never had a pax beg me to stay and wait some more lol

yucklyftline

No show reduces your acceptance rating. Yesterday I made 16 trips. and other 12 more trips were No Shows. Today received a message that my acceptance rating of 56%. But I acctepted all my requests.
That's totally bs on ubers part. But I guess if you read the definition of acceptance rate, it may be true. I'm too tired to look it up lol

manuella

I'm referring to the pax already inside the car waiting it out with you. If they're sensitive, or work for uber, or like to follow rules, it might rub them the wrong way if you take off early or make no attempt to pick up the next uberpool pax. It's cya (cover yo ass) to ask them if they're ok leaving. I've never had a pax beg me to stay and wait some more lol
Especially since there are good chances they too got charged a no show fee recently ,that 5$ hurts emotionally lol I have never had one ask to wait either so now I ask them if they are in a hurry to get somewhere before I make the move to leave

manuella

Something is not right somewhere with how your day went , 16 rides 12 no shows ? That's completely out the ordinary unles there is a festival or somethin
Either uber was doing something wrong or you were.

Euius

That's totally bs on ubers part. But I guess if you read the definition of acceptance rate, it may be true. I'm too tired to look it up lol
The definition as used by the Power Driver Plus page is:

Your acceptance rate is calculated by taking the total number of trip requests that you accepted during the week divided by the total number of trip requests that were sent to you during that same week. Totals are based on trip requests between Monday at 4:00am PST and the following Monday at 3:59am PST.
So cancels (rider or driver, no show or otherwise) should actually improve the acceptance rate.

I keep records of driver cancels/rider cancels/refusals. At 59 completed rides I have 1 refusal, 3 driver cancels (none of them no-show) and 2 rider cancels. My acceptance rate as reported by partners.uber.com is 99%

Cancels either do nothing to the acceptance rate, or improve it

If cancels were counted against the acceptance rate, it would be exactly the same as the completed rate: 65 offered rides, 59 completed: 90.7% completed rate

If cancels did nothing: 65 offered rides - 5 cancels: 59 / 60 = 98.3% (perhaps rounded to 99% in website display)

If cancels helped acceptance rate: 65 offered rides, 59 completed plus 5 cancels = 64: 64/65 = 98.4% (again, rounded on the web to 99%)

Historically though, most of my cancels and refusals occur Friday and Saturday nights, as I refuse/avoid low surge rides, so will see how it pans out by the end of the week.

Morda

You are doing something wrong , you gotta figure it out what it is or if it's uber acting up with wrong pick up locations
I'm doing all right. I waiting 2 minutes for FuberFool. If Pax does not read our rules or is not correctly put a pin on the map or not ready to go, it's not my problem, No Show and get lost. But Fuber decreases my acceptance rating.

NASCAR1991

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
When i was on lyft they count down with me.

manuella

I'm doing all right. I waiting 2 minutes for FuberFool. If Pax does not read our rules or is not correctly put a pin on the map or not ready to go, it's not my problem, No Show and get lost. But Fuber decreases my acceptance rating.
Problem is I have never had 12 in one day, 4 sometimes 5 no shows but bloody 12 ! You could be driving and stopping a little bit off from their actual address

If you are 1 house off sometimes people will sit and wait without so much of taking a peek

12 out of 28 Is definitely fishy , email them cause I'm guessing they could have been experiencing an issue with dropped pins

Morda

Problem is I have never had 12 in one day, 4 sometimes 5 no shows but bloody 12 ! You could be driving and stopping a little bit off from their actual address

If you are 1 house off sometimes people will sit and wait without so much of taking a peek

12 out of 28 Is definitely fishy , email them cause I'm guessing they could have been experiencing an issue with dropped pins
I completely agree! I usually have 3-4 No Shows a day. May be it was not my day.