Uber GL Hub Visit

MoneyMitch

So I visited the Uber GL Hub and asked them about UberComfort, suggesting UberCarSeat as an option, and what counts as a 3 in 3 violation.

To start, they didn’t have any info to give me on what qualifies as Uber Comfort. I told them that I’m a high rated driver with a Camry and asked them to see if I could be a part of the program.

Next, I suggested Uber Car Seat (as it is currently an option in the Orlando market). To surprise the guy thought it was a really good idea and that he would forward that along to the communications team (in theory).

And here’s the next part that shocked me: maintenance of headlamps tickets counts as part of your 3-in-3. So, you can have 1 accident and two tickets in three years (even if they are maintenance of headlamps). But if you get a fourth ticket or an additional accident you will be waitlisted (once the annual background check comes).

@Slim Pete . As much as it sucks, I hope this info helps you.

MoneyMitch

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It’s weird no one has any real info on Uber comfort
The closest info I can get is the Uber comfort info in the Australia market. If that’s the case, my car and rating would definitely qualify.

Now here’s the kicker: my car is registered to the Philly GL hub where Uber comfort is not offered in that market. I wonder what would happen if I were to switch back to the NJ market....

Honestly, UberCarSeat would be more beneficial in the NJ/Philly market than comfort and I’m sure there are plenty of ants that would take those fares.

Moving_Target

Uber themselves don’t even know, as you point out. I’ve been trying to tell people that tickets for tint, equipment violations, etc...count....they didn’t want to believe that. Maybe they’ll believe what you were told.
106C0C9F-720F-43C4-84A9-C3516BBD6788.jpeg

SuzeCB

Isn't Comfort still in testing phase? That's why no one knows what qualifies and what doesn't. Not everyone driving Car A is being given the qualification even though they're all offering the same level of comfort.

Moving_Target

Isn't Comfort still in testing phase? That's why no one knows what qualifies and what doesn't. Not everyone driving Car A is being given the qualification even though they're all offering the same level of comfort.
Lol, we don’t know how it’s offered.....I posted that to show that THEY don’t even know.

I can’t figure it out.....a guy I see occasionally at the local QC, with a 4.91 rating and drives a 2017 Sienna....he doesn’t get comfort rides.
My 2018 Subaru Crosstrek and I, do.....I’m not sure if it’s because I have other higher end vehicles as well, or how the hell they figure it....

How they calculate the rates and such makes sense.....but no one knows how you’re “selected” to participate. And let’s also remember Uber “Pro” was in “testing” too, until a week or so ago....

SuzeCB

Lol, we don’t know how it’s offered.....I posted that to show that THEY don’t even know.

I can’t figure it out.....a guy I see occasionally at the local QC, with a 4.91 rating and drives a 2017 Sienna....he doesn’t get comfort rides.
My 2018 Subaru Crosstrek and I, do.....I’m not sure if it’s because I have other higher end vehicles as well, or how the hell they figure it....

How they calculate the rates and such makes sense.....but no one knows how you’re “selected” to participate. And let’s also remember Uber “Pro” was in “testing” too, until a week or so ago....
I wouldn't be surprised if they were taking a handful of car makes/models/years, sticking "Comfort" on them and charging more, but waiting for pax feedback to narrow down the requirements.

Moving_Target

I wouldn't be surprised if they were taking a handful of car makes/models/years, sticking "Comfort" on them and charging more, but waiting for pax feedback to narrow down the requirements.
Oh they’re charging more alright. XL is cheaper for the rider. They’ve totally flipped the time/mileage script with it. I suspect it’s because there is very little black in NJ, and the ones that there are, stay in NY. No Lyft Select....at all. I keep waiting for Lyft to come out with their version....as we know they both copy each other 100%

Mr Met

I have a 2016 Crosstrek and I do not qualify even though space is similar in both cars, smh.

Moving_Target

I have a 2016 Crosstrek and I do not qualify even though space is similar in both cars, smh.
Yep, very similar. I have no idea. Model year is all I can guess. Maybe star rating or previous “Pro” status.....can’t say. I’m planning on losing “Pro” status this weekend, so i’ll report back if that makes any difference. It says...”highly rated” which i’ll Still be.....just interesting to see if “Pro” status plays any unknown part.

MoneyMitch

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh they’re charging more alright. XL is cheaper for the rider. They’ve totally flipped the time/mileage script with it. I suspect it’s because there is very little black in NJ, and the ones that there are, stay in NY. No Lyft Select....at all. I keep waiting for Lyft to come out with their version....as we know they both copy each other 100%
It’s trivial for me but for anyone that’s “qualified” then we deserve the higher rates/comfort rides. But again, it’s less money for Uber XL (which cars usually have more legroom to begin with) which really baffles me why they would roll out Comfort selectively.

Uber themselves don’t even know, as you point out. I’ve been trying to tell people that tickets for tint, equipment violations, etc...count....they didn’t want to believe that. Maybe they’ll believe what you were told. View attachment 320431
Now it’s confirmed. I honestly thought that they didn’t count since it didn’t have the “minor” category attached to it but I was wrong. The only silver lining is that you can have three but once you hit four you’re done.