INTOXICATED RIDERS GUIDELINES
Uber and its users are proud to play a part in reducing the number of drunk driving accidents in cities where we operate. However, sometimes with alcohol, come unexpected behaviors that can be challenging for even the most seasoned driver-partner to manage.
The following is a guide to help you address a situation where the the rider may have had too much to drink and it is negatively affecting the trip. Please note, these are merely compiled suggestions, while we encourage driver-partners to use them, you are under no obligation to do so.
- Uber strongly suggests that you try to remain calm and professional throughout every ride.
- If a rider is attempting to provoke a confrontation, it’s best to remain cool, use non-threatening words and even a friendly tone of voice.
- If possible, try to enlist the assistance of a sober (or less drunk) friend of the inebriated rider.
- Try to strike up a friendly conversation with them - ask them general questions about themselves, offer to play their favorite music etc. Breathe and Smile!
- We do not recommend confronting the rider physically.
- If at any time you feel that your personal safety is threatened, we recommend calling the local emergency services in your area.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
At Uber, facilitating a safe experience of riders and driver partners is one of our top priorities. We want to provide driver partners with tools to increase their abilities to transport riders in a safe fashion while safeguarding his or her own physical security. To learn more about what Uber is doing to ensure safe trips, check out https://www.uber.com/safety.
Stay safe and Uber on.
Uber Technologies Inc.
1455 Market Street San Francisco, CA 94103
Get Help View Online Unsubscribe
Last edited by a moderator: