1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber gives us advice for dealing with Drunkers

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by Cooluberdriver, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Cooluberdriver

Cooluberdriver Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    INTOXICATED RIDERS GUIDELINES

Uber and its users are proud to play a part in reducing the number of drunk driving accidents in cities where we operate. However, sometimes with alcohol, come unexpected behaviors that can be challenging for even the most seasoned driver-partner to manage.

[​IMG]

The following is a guide to help you address a situation where the the rider may have had too much to drink and it is negatively affecting the trip. Please note, these are merely compiled suggestions, while we encourage driver-partners to use them, you are under no obligation to do so.

1. Uber strongly suggests that you try to remain calm and professional throughout every ride.

2. If a rider is attempting to provoke a confrontation, it’s best to remain cool, use non-threatening words and even a friendly tone of voice.

3. If possible, try to enlist the assistance of a sober (or less drunk) friend of the inebriated rider.

4. Try to strike up a friendly conversation with them - ask them general questions about themselves, offer to play their favorite music etc. Breathe and Smile! ;)

5. We do not recommend confronting the rider physically.

6. If at any time you feel that your personal safety is threatened, we recommend calling the local emergency services in your area.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

At Uber, facilitating a safe experience of riders and driver partners is one of our top priorities. We want to provide driver partners with tools to increase their abilities to transport riders in a safe fashion while safeguarding his or her own physical security. To learn more about what Uber is doing to ensure safe trips, check out https://www.uber.com/safety.

Stay safe and Uber on.

Uber Technologies Inc.
    1455 Market Street San Francisco, CA 94103

Get Help View Online Unsubscribe
    [​IMG]

2. Cooluberdriver

Cooluberdriver Well-Known Member

What I don't understand is why do they state this now? I have been on ubers platform for more than 2 years. Weird how they don't say anything till now.

wk1102, pbracing33b, Oh My and 2 others like this.
  3. UberXTampa

UberXTampa Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Actually they said something... They said drunks rate better. They posted a graph as a proof of their claim.

But we know for sure based on our own experiences, this is not true. Many people stopped completely working the closing times. Uber is probably looking at lost revenue and they want to rah-rah the troops!

Emp9, Oh My, Jam Val and 1 other person like this.
  4. Uber Kraus

Uber Kraus Well-Known Member

Smile!

5. Amsoil Uber Connect

Amsoil Uber Connect Well-Known Member

We would not have Access if it were not for the court proceedings. Uber is trying to put themselves in better light as suits make there way through the court system. Insert light bulb smiley.

6. Jose_A

Jose_A Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    It's all fine and good, but I reserve the right to remove an unruly pax, and I won't hesitate if warranted. IDGAF about my rating anymore, and it's been at 4.7 for the past month.

7. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    More Uber Rocket Science.

If he looks like he is going to ralph, he does not ride.

If he gets belligerent, he gets one warning, then it is 0-W-T.

If he kicks, strikes or flails at anything, the car pulls over and he gets 0-W-T.

If he gets mouthy, stop the car and 0-W-T.

You can not talk to alcohol. As much contempt as I have for MADD, even they know that. Someone at MADD needs to call Uber and tell them that you can not talk to or reason with alcohol. MADD and Uber have worked together before. Maybe Uber should ask MADD about it.

8. William1964

William1964 Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with the passengers. Each one is unique.

They should check with persons with disabilities and MADD, AARP and AA
    for advice on how to present the laws or ideas on how to handle these groups of people.

Liz_C likes this.
  9. Micmac

Micmac Well-Known Member

Drivers need to drag Uber A$$ to court for letting INTOXICATED rating Them! :rolleyes:

NCTechmar, Liz_C, Instyle and 2 others like this.
  10. flameoff

flameoff Member

Driving:
    UberX
    to me, this is just Uber saying "we got your back" to the drivers. So they can say we (Uber) did everything to address the issue to the drivers and yes, I'm being sarcastic :cool:

SharedRideTruther and UberXTampa like this.
  11. Oh My

Oh My Well-Known Member

UBER "rules" all look good.....on paper. My guess is Travis went from his parents basement straight to the big city.

P.S. It's drunkards.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  12. Jedi Driver

Jedi Driver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    and breathe...

Uber told me to smile and breathe to deal with inebriated idiots. Thanks for the advice Guber.

13. Lester Crowley

Lester Crowley New Member

Can't believe I'm about to say this, considering the source..but this was actually a good email from Uber that provides sound advice.

Liz_C likes this.
  14. KMANDERSON

KMANDERSON Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I got advice pull over throw there ass out of your car

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    Dirtbag Surfer, Dana T and Uber Kraus like this.
  15. Dana T

Dana T Member

I still haven't gotten my butt out there to drive. I'm too damn apprehensive from all I read. But I must say you guys on here give me a good laugh once in a while. :D

16. KMANDERSON

KMANDERSON Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    just remember when you drive it your car not ubers so your rules apply if passanger are stupid pull over throw them out don't let uber rating system let you put up with stuff you normally would not

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    Dirtbag Surfer, Dana T and Uber Kraus like this.
  17. Jose_A

Jose_A Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I almost threw out a pax (not the one who requested the ride) out last night for kicking the seat and annoying another pax. He stopped when I told him to knock it off.

Dirtbag Surfer likes this.
  18. Dirtbag Surfer

Dirtbag Surfer Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    TK was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He and his pals that started Uber were nothing more than a bunch of aged-out entitled doosh-bro's, frat dorks and tight asses that wanted a cheap nice ride to the strip joint or club to show how cool they were. Being a drunken, obstinate non-tipping ******* in his crowd is considered a badge of honor. Hence first lying about tips being included in the fare and then when called on it, still saying "Nope, no tipping necessary, even for food delivery!" for a bunch of the most nonsensical BS reasons ever as well as giving tacit support to drunk pax to pretty much do whatever they want without repercussion all the while holding our feet to the fire with the threat of deactivation.

Flash forward to right now and even the judge overseeing the settlement is basically saying "Jeez, how easy would it be to add a tip function to the app and moreover why aren't you doing that? It is only fair you money grubbing tight asses." Uber's lawyer Teddy BoneheadBorurous Jr.'s reply spells out Uber's unrepentant hubris and supreme *******ness with this response, "...tipping is an inconvenience to riders...drivers who want tips in the app can go work for Lyft." I hope the honorable judge says F that nonsense and in the meantime, I and many others (including riders) have taken his advice and now will only drive or ride with Lyft.

It was refreshing to hear the judge pretty much call out Uber on that crap as well as the sunset clauses on Uber's weak "concessions". Hopefully and it sounds like it, the judge is reading the settlement for what it really is, an easy out by Uber once again using its very deep pockets to buy its way out of regulation, specifically the IC designation that we all know is fraudulent at best and criminal at worst. This is pretty much the best "Um hey hold on here a minute )or more like a few weeks). This doesn't pass the smell test and I am not going to just rubber stamp this thing." moment so far in this whole sordid lawsuit saga.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  19. Dirtbag Surfer

Dirtbag Surfer Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You pull over? I just slow down a bit, open their door and give their drunk asses a little nudge :D

LadyDi, babaganoosh and KMANDERSON like this.