1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Gets Cambridge

Discussion in 'Home Counties' started by Anon2014, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Anon2014

Anon2014

2. bob swagger

bob swagger

crap city council, has never helped the taxi trade in Cambridge just happy to take the money. The actual number of Cambridge City Uber cars is only 4, the higher numbers ie 100+ are licenced with south Cambs. So we may have lost the battle but not the war.

CamStu2018 likes this.
  3. mods1964

mods1964

Same solicitors company representing both Uber and Cambridge council at the same time,, a conflict of interests that needs to be investigated !!

4. bob swagger

bob swagger

Yes, you’re right. In fact Uber’s guy owns the barristers chambers. I pointed this out to Yvonne O’donnel during proceedings & she said it’s normal when they need a Licencing barrister that there’s only a small pool. Also, they work independently & would sue us if we suggested otherwise !!! But no, still didn’t seem right

CamStu2018 likes this.
  5. bob swagger

bob swagger

Anyone who can advise me if this is correct please let me know

6. The Ping!

The Ping!

Money talks and u lot are fighting a losing battle.face it ,the is near!

7. bob swagger

bob swagger

Do your ten hours and go home.

TwoFiddyMile likes this.
  8. The Ping!

The Ping!

10 hours?? Never done ,never will .no need to ,happy to say .happy rankings to you old man .

9. bob swagger

bob swagger

Im a PH driver have been for 20 years. Now lets be serious what is it that makes you happy to work for a company like uber. Ultimately uber wants to get rid of you. Autonomous cars the dream at least be honest about that. Be honest now could you drive a cab without sat nav is that the thing that makes them attractive.
    Uber is toxic no UK tax no vat subsidised rides. No profit ever made. Investors from countries from which a lot of drivers have fled. Just don' get it.

10. The Ping!

The Ping!

Iam in the same boat as you ,a ph Driver and yes I use a sat nav .dont see a problem with using one as I go all over London anyway the area I do am sure even a London taxi will struggle to do without help .if u look at my past post ,I have never said Uber is a good company . I don’t see them going away,just hope they treat theirs drivers better when their license is renew sometimes this year.as for self driving car ,nothing will happen in the next 10 year is not more.
    Just like the horse and cart,steam age ,industrial age.self driving vehicles is on the way .TIME WAITS FOR NO MAN !
    Good luck mate !

11. bob swagger

bob swagger

believe me i know change is on its way i just feel there is enough work for everyone. But a level playing field would be good. And why do uber feel that we need to be annihilated. They just dont stop recruiting to the point where theres so many drivers there is not enough work. all the best

12. madhatter

madhatter

They can only recruit unfettered where there is no knowledge test, many HC councils have test so will find it hard to get numbers plus work is slow.

The uber rates in HC are not ridiculous cheaper than PH generally

13. Neddy

Neddy

Can we drive a cab without sat nav why would anyone want to it'll take you around traffic probs all this doing the knowledge its crap its like going to college to study Latin why? It's not spoken any more , steam trains don't exist any more either move on the technology is here and its gonna stay and yeah your job as a licenced cab in your area is gonna go you don't need to do the knowledge its defunct now

14. mods1964

mods1964

Could you take me to that road with the bp petrol station on the corner and school half way down with your sat nav !!sorry can't remember the name of it !!

15. Neddy

Neddy

Easy look up no petrol stations on waze lol

And try that one on a black cabbie in town he will tell you exactly where to go lol .I've been minicabing for 10 years on and off and I can say I've never had that one

16. bob swagger

bob swagger

I must admit that i was worried with u**** coming but I can see the scam u**** use. Recruit inexperienced drivers who believe the promises, keep recruiting. Now they all have shiny cars and nice high monthly payments now they are hooked. Keep recruiting now the work is going down. drivers have to work more hours. Oh clutch has gone £1000, hmrc Tax due £4000, Work more hours. bollocks to the drivers U**** keep recruiting. take on more drivers who buy more shiny cars and then **** me your all moaning because there's no surge charges no work. Nah not worried I work for a real company.