Uber forcing Pool to use Uber Navigation

UberAnt39

So they made the 2 changes yesterday, auto adding matching pools and forcing Pool to use UberNav. I like the first, esp as it came with the rollout of the 'Stop accepting trips' button (FINALLY), so I can now go pee etc. I also like it because if you're doing pools the way to train riders to not abuse it to get a cheap X is make them they think they might have to share, and drivers who take 1 or selective matches are training them the opposite and to to keep screwing me.
It goes without saying, that Uber should allow drivers to opt out of Pool just like they can opt out of EATS or Delivery. But it ain't going to happen, they are basically sh*ts after all.
But forcing me to use use UberNav isn't going to happen, I now reject all Pool requests. Since half my trips or more in most weeks are Pool (Trips not journeys), and that's how I make the Power Driver 80 or 100, and the Guaranteed Minimum's TPH, which is what doubles my income in those, I'm basically out of the game. Supplying a working modern clean car with gas & insurance for $15-20/hr before taxes, well f you Uber kiddies, you try doing it sometime. I'll start doing Lyft as well like everyone else, see if it works out better.
I'm not going to use your POS nav app, with cr*p routes, no concept of traffic, no zoom ability just a dumbed down what's next arrow, and fight with downtown traffic and ahole pxs telling me how I should be using Waze, and when any single nav mistake gets a bad rating.
I get it Uber, you give a fixed price to Pool pxs and you pay the driver variably based on what way they go, so you want to control the route - but Lyft don't (yet, they just deduct if you take an 'overlong' route), so there is a choice. You also want to reduce your dependence on Google, and stop paying their license fees, well you're not doing it at the risk of my car, my driving record, and my sanity. You're spend all that money to recruit more 5 trips/wk part-time drivers and you p*ss the rest of us off like this. I'm already a 2nd class driver with 25% commission and now you go and do this.

Last edited:

UberIsAllFubared

You forgot to mention ubers new game of pool NOT having any type of surge associated with it anymore. They are baiting drivers into "surge" areas, only to then send us 6 pings in a row of Pool without any surges. Then putting you on a two minute timeout if you don't accept their fraud. How is this legal?

UberIsAllFubared

Oh and did I mention, uber hasn't told anyone that they pools are not coming with surges anymore? Hell no they haven't. But no one has seen a pool ride with a surge all week in LA... even when they have been in a sea of red surge area.

UberAnt39

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hadn't realised that, but SF has next to no surge anymore anyway. All the drivers come in from the East Bay, Vallejo, Sacramento etc for the higher base rate so surges are gone, except maybe 1 ride per night after Giants games and 2 or 3 a night after Outside Lands (gee whiz).

A T

I won't do uber pool. Did it and found out the hard way its another way for riders to screw up your rateings.

Someone isn't happy theygot picked up first or dropped off first. Screw that its bad enough the deucebags screw me over by them selves why should I get a double whammy.

Thanks but no thanks.

UberAnt39

Maybe this is one more thing that could affect their IRS dispute about drivers being employees or ICs, seeing as the IRS have their list of criteria as to what makes an employee and one of them is supplying / controlling the tools employees use to to the job.

Louisvilleuberguy

If drivers were ever considered employees that would be the end of uber. No benefit for drivers mainly because they are not paying self employment tax anyway. Drivers are loosing money.

UberAnt39

Maybe their current business model is dead in the water anyway once the free money stops flowing. Drivers' income is boosted 50-100% by incentives and the riders are getting all sorts of discounts nearly every time, 30%, 50% etc. If they had to pay drivers an amount worth going out for from the fares alone, and riders had to pay it all, not just use the latest free money from VCs or stock market gamblers, who knows how loud a pop the bubble would make. I guess their big idea is to get autonomous cars working, so they no longer have to pay drivers, before they run out of suckers. And they don't have as big a job to do as Google, G want to be everything to everybody everywhere, U only have to get it working in the big cities which could be that much easier, and just use humans for the rest of it.

delijoe

I had a couple pool trips with surge last weekend. Are they seriously going to let riders dodge surge by using pool?