Uber fees

peeps

Hi I did a few trips this morning and for two of my three trips almost half of my fair was deducted by uber. They took out their regular fees and then for both they took out another 550 as I think it was called a rider fee ? I wrote them and ask if it's right and when it was and they didn't address what I asked they just said what I see is what I get after it's portion . I haven't driven for a few months this is my first day back in a while is this a new thing ?? It's not even worth it if they're going to do this

peeps

So it's a normal thing now? It was literally about half of the fare they took in the end...doesn't seem like that could be a normal thing. Hope not

Grand

It is possible you are referring to Uber's Upfront Pricing introduced a few months ago and agreed to as part of your TOS.

Edit: some fares are just not....fair.:rolleyes:

DocT

They took out their regular fees and then for both they took out another 550 as I think it was called a rider fee ?
It's the Upfront Pricing Fare.
Please re-read your TOS that you had to re-sign. It came out a few months ago. You basically agreed to be paid base+mileage+time only.
The other fee you see is the so-called Processing Fee (Upfront Fare the pax pays minus the balance of what you're paid pre-commission - Booking Fee).

It's a lose-lose situation for both riders and drivers. Riders get charged a higher fare, while drivers still get the same base/mileage/time rate.