Uber Fee

Stuc

Uber fee is 27% no ?

Took a pool fare, 3 pax, reasonable fare, until I realised that Uber had taken 40% Fee !!! I queried with Uber support, said they must have made an inadvertent mistake and could they please refund the difference. Reply from Support....No mistake. How much can Uber charge ? Happen to anybody else ?

RynoHawk

They pay you a set amount for mileage and time. They can charge the rider whatever they want and make the difference after you get paid. The time when Uber took 20-25% of the total fare and driver took the rest is long gone.

Taksomotor

To be the devil's advocate, nobody ever complains when driver gets 90% or even 110% of what the passenger paid. Those cases are not uncommon. I see that multiple times, where Uber/Lyft are in the negative for the ride.
Post automatically merged:

Arandaegul

To be the devil's advocate, nobody ever complains when driver gets 90% or even 110% of what the passenger paid. Those cases are not uncommon. I see that multiple times, where Uber/Lyft are in the negative for the ride.
Post automatically merged:
I wouldn’t complain if it averaged out to a decent percentage for the year. For me last year it came out to right about 38%(+/-1). Compared to the 20% it was when I started I will complain and try to improve my longhauling game.

FLKeys

If anyone should be upset it should be the passengers. Uber tells you what rate for time and miles you will get paid. They screw the PAX and we have to listen to the PAX complain about the rates and get down rated for it. Now in reality the PAX is accepting the up front price so maybe they are screwing them self.