Uber Facial Recognition Data Collection

Munsuta

I don't know if taking a picture of your face is still a thing but I remember when Uber first rolled this out, of course they gave you no way to opt out when they kicked you over to the waypoint screen before logging in. Well for about a year of this I had no problems as whenever it would ask me to take a photo to verify my identity my tablet was not really compatible so taking a photo of the darkness literally got me passed the facial verification scam.

Until dun dun dunnnn they updated the app and it no longer worked so now I had to take photos of myself which im not a big fan of and let me tell you why, if you don't already know. If you read the disclaimer you would know that Uber partnered up with Microsoft for the facial verification bs. They claim to share your data but not save it which is total bs. Data is king and it is worth is weight in gold. I used to work in a investigative field and had access to a company called LexisNexis, where I could find anyone and their data dating back to the early days of the internet, I searched myself on this company and they had my email address and phone number from when I was 14 along with every detail about my 1984 Orwellian on grid societal life... Microsoft is a huge data collector and facial recognition data collector and that is big $$$. Uber without your permission is selling your data and your riders data to multiple corporations and of course they are lying about it and it will be hard to prove but let me explain to you how I come to this conclusion.

So after they patched the glitch I took a photo of han solo to test it out and of course I got deactivated instantly. After a couple messages with support I told them that I was having problems with the facial verification software and accidentally took a photo of han solo and they eventually reactivated me because of course support was not created equally and eventually you'll get that one support member who doesn't know what they are doing and will pull a bunch of random levers reactivating you.

So here I am back in business with the devil and now I have to take these stupid photos of myself. So about after a week of doing this every single time I log in even if for a quick break I got fed up. So every time I got sent to the way point I would troll the facial verification software and then immediately after being logged in or getting deactivated I would message Uber and clearly state that I do not consent to the facial verification and to my data being shared with third parties and I am opting out. I had to do this several times and really annoy them but you must use the secret password I am opting out. Even though tech support won't admit it and tell you your fcked and you have no choice from a legal standpoint your data is your property including your face and they could get sued big time if they get caught red handed selling your data which they already are. It got to the point where I started getting high level support members who would ensure me that they are not selling my data and would send me this long winded script about how their process works and where the data goes and blah blah blah.

But to end the story, I have not received a facial verification checkpoint after consistently opting out after every time I got sent to this checkpoint. Now when I log in it goes straight to online.

Your data is your property, remember that. Opt out of this bullcrap. They are making big money off of your data and even have the audacity to cut drivers pay. Don't support a future like the movie minority report.

As you can see in this conservation below Uber representatives are blatantly lying. According to the disclaimer they share the photos with Microsoft but in this conversation they say they don't.
20190506_102958.png
20190506_102553.png
20190506_102632.png
20190506_102731.png
20190506_102930.png
20190506_102910.png

Last edited:

Munsuta

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Consider the source. You think the customer support guy would actually know?
Inquire with Uber's Legal office.
Of course they don't know. The point is getting it down on record that your opting out of their selfie check. Legally they cannot collect your data without giving you a option to opt out. I've messaged Uber enough about this that they don't make me do the selfie check anymore.

tohunt4me

I don't know if taking a picture of your face is still a thing but I remember when Uber first rolled this out, of course they gave you no way to opt out when they kicked you over to the waypoint screen before logging in. Well for about a year of this I had no problems as whenever it would ask me to take a photo to verify my identity my tablet was not really compatible so taking a photo of the darkness literally got me passed the facial verification scam.

Until dun dun dunnnn they updated the app and it no longer worked so now I had to take photos of myself which im not a big fan of and let me tell you why, if you don't already know. If you read the disclaimer you would know that Uber partnered up with Microsoft for the facial verification bs. They claim to share your data but not save it which is total bs. Data is king and it is worth is weight in gold. I used to work in a investigative field and had access to a company called LexisNexis, where I could find anyone and their data dating back to the early days of the internet, I searched myself on this company and they had my email address and phone number from when I was 14 along with every detail about my 1984 Orwellian on grid societal life... Microsoft is a huge data collector and facial recognition data collector and that is big $$$. Uber without your permission is selling your data and your riders data to multiple corporations and of course they are lying about it and it will be hard to prove but let me explain to you how I come to this conclusion.

So after they patched the glitch I took a photo of han solo to test it out and of course I got deactivated instantly. After a couple messages with support I told them that I was having problems with the facial verification software and accidentally took a photo of han solo and they eventually reactivated me because of course support was not created equally and eventually you'll get that one support member who doesn't know what they are doing and will pull a bunch of random levers reactivating you.

So here I am back in business with the devil and now I have to take these stupid photos of myself. So about after a week of doing this every single time I log in even if for a quick break I got fed up. So every time I got sent to the way point I would troll the facial verification software and then immediately after being logged in or getting deactivated I would message Uber and clearly state that I do not consent to the facial verification and to my data being shared with third parties and I am opting out. I had to do this several times and really annoy them but you must use the secret password I am opting out. Even though tech support won't admit it and tell you your fcked and you have no choice from a legal standpoint your data is your property including your face and they could get sued big time if they get caught red handed selling your data which they already are. It got to the point where I started getting high level support members who would ensure me that they are not selling my data and would send me this long winded script about how their process works and where the data goes and blah blah blah.

But to end the story, I have not received a facial verification checkpoint after consistently opting out after every time I got sent to this checkpoint. Now when I log in it goes straight to online.

Your data is your property, remember that. Opt out of this bullcrap. They are making big money off of your data and even have the audacity to cut drivers pay. Don't support a future like the movie minority report.

As you can see in this conservation below Uber representatives are blatantly lying. According to the disclaimer they share the photos with Microsoft but in this conversation they say they don't.
View attachment 317782 View attachment 317783 View attachment 317785 View attachment 317786 View attachment 317787 View attachment 317788
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 317782 View attachment 317783 View attachment 317785 View attachment 317786 View attachment 317787 View attachment 317788

Attachments