Uber ending City Quest Promo in Chicago Area

BigHurt35

Just got email. I'm sure this has everything to do with how slow it has been in Chicago due to oversaturation of driver. I myself have had Uber pay me the difference at least twice a week for a while now.

Heres email

Thanks for your participation
We wanted to let you know that all City Quest promotions in the Chicago area will be coming to an end in the Uber app on Sunday, Sept. 10th at 11:59pm.

Your feedback has been very valuable in allowing us to understand the type of promotions we need to create in order to help increase your earnings in ways that work best for you.

Don’t worry you’ll still be able to earn with Quest and Boost and stay tuned for new and improved promotions.

Thank you for driving with Uber.

Mad Medic

Just got email. I'm sure this has everything to do with how slow it has been in Chicago due to oversaturation of driver. I myself have had Uber pay me the difference at least twice a week for a while now.

Heres email

Thanks for your participation
We wanted to let you know that all City Quest promotions in the Chicago area will be coming to an end in the Uber app on Sunday, Sept. 10th at 11:59pm.

Your feedback has been very valuable in allowing us to understand the type of promotions we need to create in order to help increase your earnings in ways that work best for you.

Don’t worry you’ll still be able to earn with Quest and Boost and stay tuned for new and improved promotions.

Thank you for driving with Uber.
Pardon, what's the difference between city quest and quest? I'd received Quest offers for weekday or weekend, never something called city quest

isosconfig

Yeah, spies for sure and spies like us. Uber and Lyft monitor everything online. Naïve to think different. Way too busy with big data to award or to play keep away, per individual.

xcnco

City quests like 4-7 rides within 3 hours from 6-9 am or 4-7 pm.

Rofl, you are the only one who knows what these are. I got them all the time. Yes quest are much different from city quests. -_-

Pardon, what's the difference between city quest and quest? I'd received Quest offers for weekday or weekend, never something called city quest

This is a city quest. You have to opt in once you are in the app. Only within the specified city limits. This ever pop up for you in the app?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170908-192546.png
    Screenshot_20170908-192546.png
    65.4 KB · Views: 87

Bigbadb91

Rofl, you are the only one who knows what these are. I got them all the time. Yes quest are much different from city quests. -_-

This is a city quest. You have to opt in once you are in the app. Only within the specified city limits. This ever pop up for you in the app?
Lol never for me

Uberana

City quests are timed promotions of either 2, 3 or 4 hrs. If you are in a certain part of the city, an opt on screen would pop up and give you an opportunity to opt in. Basically, it will gaurantee a certain amount for a specified time period such as $35 for 2hrs, 54 for 3hrs or 76 fo 4hrs. Ride request are the automatically added and you must complete at least 90%.

I've done it a few times and got an extra $10 or $15. If you are satisfied with netting $17.50 to $19/hr, it's ok. You can just sit and wait and and you'll get rides.

BigHurt35

It is not a huge loss but i am sure they realized can't afford to pay 20k chicago area drivers 10-20 a day on slow days. Monday thru Thursday the max was 4 hours for $66 (16.5 per hour). Friday-Sunday was 4 for $76.
Idk, it was a nice option on a Tuesday morning if you were getting screwed in traffic or nickel n dime stops all day. On good days it was a non factor.

mags2K

Wow never seen one of this before. I guess City Quest applies only if you are in certain parts of the City at certain times. At least I like the way how they indicate it is "Net Earnings" unlike Lyft which always projects the Gross (including Lyft commissions, Tolls, etc.) and in the end Drivers feel cheated.

Friendly Jack

Weird I never got it. Uber has spies on here and they see people saying " I've been holding out for the 15 for $110 quest"
Uber has spies on here? Thanks for letting me know before I posted. I was just going to share my self-driving car design with all of my fellow Uber drivers so that you could earn $ while sitting at home watching football this Fall. But I can still give you a hint... Start by getting your spouse licensed and approved to drive Uber, then...

Last edited: