Uber Email Support Agent here! I QUIT UBER TODAY! Ask me anything

Hello everyone!

So today I decided to quit my job at Uber as a email support agent.

I have been following this forum for about a year now while I was working for SHITber.

Let me know what questions you have as a driver. I know a lot of drivers (partners) do NOT like the email support agents because they feel like they do not care or simply cannot understand english lol.

Just to answer the question before it is asked, yes I am in the US, Cali to be exact. Most of the agents are in America, but they are starting to hire more India and Manilla agents now.

Please feel free to ask questions....

manuellsam

What's the strangest funniest issue you have ever dealt with

From a driver and from a rider .

Last question lol how much were they paying you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What's the strangest funniest issue you have ever dealt with

From a driver and from a rider .

Last question lol how much were they paying you
- Not really a lot of strange issues that I can think of, but I saw A LOT of complaints of straight men being offered sex from gay men.

- Riders love to request UberLUX, UberSUV, or UberBLACK and swear up and down that they meant to request UberX.

- USA email support agents are paid $15/h to work from home

Realityshark

Why does Uber lie to their drivers?

They claim "summer promotions" that reduce rates will end at the end of the month. End of the month comes and goes and the low rates remain. Is there no end in site for low rates? Will Uber ever raise rates?

turbovator

Hello everyone!

So today I decided to quit my job at Uber as a email support agent.

I have been following this forum for about a year now while I was working for SHITber.

Let me know what questions you have as a driver. I know a lot of drivers (partners) do NOT like the email support agents because they feel like they do not care or simply cannot understand english lol.

Just to answer the question before it is asked, yes I am in the US, Cali to be exact. Most of the agents are in America, but they are starting to hire more India and Manilla agents now.

Please feel free to ask questions....
I know the CSR's are independent contractors like the driver's are and they don't treat CSR,s any better than the drivers. Screwber recently admitted they are having a driver retention problem. They are scraping the bottom of the barrel of the prospective driver pool. Ubers recruitment ads are bring in a whole new low class of drivers. The same is happening with the CSRs and that's why they are recruiting CSRs in India and Manilla. It doesn't matter that you can't even understand thier English because Screwber doesn't really care about the drivers or CSRs in the first place

OrlUberOffDriver

So, you worked from home. My question, did you have access to the drivers database?
And to follow up, if you did, did you save/print a list of drivers?
One last one, how many drivers are there in the U.S. ?
Good luck on whatever you gonna do!

Another Uber Driver

- Riders love to request UberLUX, UberSUV, or UberBLACK and swear up and down that they meant to request UberX.
You forgot to add Uber Taxi to that mix of service levels when they meant to request UberX. Sometimes, I think that these are responsible for some of my specific low ratings on Uber Taxi. They "meant" to request UberX, took the Uber Taxi anyhow, and, in retaliation for not being able to pay bus rates for taxi rides, they rate the taxi driver poorly.

But then, since you are in California, there is only one place there were Uber offers taxis: San Francisco. Perhaps you did not receive too many e-Mails about Uber Taxi?

Anyhow, welcome to the forum and I am glad for your presence. We do have a few CSRs here, but they are few, so I do welcome another point of view.

So, you worked from home. My question, did you have access to the drivers database?
And to follow up, if you did, did you save/print a list of drivers?
One last one, how many drivers are there in the U.S. ?
Good luck on whatever you gonna do!
Yes, I had access to the driver and rider database. It would have been impossible for me to print out all of the information stored in the system and illegal too.

There are millions of drivers in the US. Sorry, I don't know the exact number. However, it was waaaaaay more than needed. We constantly got emails from UberX partners who would write in and say they were not getting any request because there was too many other drivers on the rode. They put a limit on how many UberBLACK and UberSUV cars could be on the system, but not UberX.

Why did you quit?
- I don't like the way they handle business honestly. I know drivers probably think we have it made because we can work from anywhere if we have a laptop or smartphone, but honestly, shit changed so fast. They started outsourcing overseas so I decided I'd rather leave before I'm replaced by someone they hire overseas.

-Also, working from homes is not as cool as people think it is. You get tired of being in the house. Well, at least I did. Even though I could leave the house and work, it was just easier to work from my desktop at home.

You forgot to add Uber Taxi to that mix of service levels when they meant to request UberX. Sometimes, I think that these are responsible for some of my specific low ratings on Uber Taxi. They "meant" to request UberX, took the Uber Taxi anyhow, and, in retaliation for not being able to pay bus rates for taxi rides, they rate the taxi driver poorly.

But then, since you are in California, there is only one place there were Uber offers taxis: San Francisco. Perhaps you did not receive too many e-Mails about Uber Taxi?

Anyhow, welcome to the forum and I am glad for your presence. We do have a few CSRs here, but they are few, so I do welcome another point of view.
Yes. I forgot all about UberTAXI but I did not do UberTAXI emails.

And thanks. I have been lurking on this thread for some time now. I always wanted to chime in and try to give advice, but I did't decide to make an account until yesterday

Uberest

I have a couple questions.... how much manipulation is there of drivers..?

1 -- do you know how surge pricing is calculated and why it appears and then disappears....one frequent complaint is "I am in the surge zone and no ping!!!"

2 -- Is there a first in first out "queue" at, for example, airports? Or is the ping system indiscriminate -- closest driver gets the ping. Or -- are pings doled out in a way that prefers/favors drivers with the best ratings.....if you have best rating you get pinged first regardless of your distance, i.e. even if there is a lower-rated driver physically closer?

thanks and best of luck to you!!

I have a couple questions.... how much manipulation is there of drivers..?

1 -- do you know how surge pricing is calculated and why it appears and then disappears....one frequent complaint is "I am in the surge zone and no ping!!!"

2 -- Is there a first in first out "queue" at, for example, airports? Or is the ping system indiscriminate -- closest driver gets the ping. Or -- are pings doled out in a way that prefers/favors drivers with the best ratings.....if you have best rating you get pinged first regardless of your distance, i.e. even if there is a lower-rated driver physically closer?

thanks and best of luck to you!!
1. I got this question A LOT. Just because you are in the surge zone does not mean all the riders that are in the area will be charged surge. I never truly understood how the surge worked and thought it was bs. I guess it's just a matter of getting lucky :/

2. Airport queue are suppose to be first come, first served. If you get a request and it is canceled, you go to the back of the line, even if you have been waiting in the lot for hours. Ride request do not go by rating.

Not sure what you mean by "how much manipulation is there of drivers."

gietno

Hello there, welcome.

Got some questions:
What happened if we have a rude passenger & gave them 1 star rating, then they also retaliate by giving us 1 star that will totally make a big drop on your nice ratings. Is there anyway you could reverse it or not.
Is it true that if customer threw up on our car and we got paid say $200 for the cleaning fee, Uber will go after the customer for more than that, say $300? (I heard this from another UberX driver but want to know if this is true or not?)

Hello there, welcome.

Got some questions:
What happened if we have a rude passenger & gave them 1 star rating, then they also retaliate by giving us 1 star that will totally make a big drop on your nice ratings. Is there anyway you could reverse it or not.
Is it true that if customer threw up on our car and we got paid say $200 for the cleaning fee, Uber will go after the customer for more than that, say $300? (I heard this from another UberX driver but want to know if this is true or not?)
If a rider gives you a bad rating, you cannot change it. I saw a lot of emails from people pretty much begging to have a rating changed. They do this to keep the system "fair". The only way a rating can be changed is if the rider wrote in and requested to have it changed.

And no, Uber charges the rider the exact same amount that you receive. You can never get more than $200 for a cleaning fee and the rider will never get charged more than $200 regardless of the damage. (Damage fees are a completely different thing though)

LEAFdriver

If a rider gives you a bad rating, you cannot change it. I saw a lot of emails from people pretty much begging to have a rating changed. They do this to keep the system "fair". The only way a rating can be changed is if the rider wrote in and requested to have it changed.
Then what is THIS for? Is it even from Uber?
http://form.jotformpro.com/form/41617699954977

If it is....will they change the rating given if you submit this 'form'?

st3rling

Hello,
1. Do you have any knowledge if Uber will ever implement Tip button? (yeah, yeah, I know lots of you are laughing...)
2. Any knowledge regarding "find rider on your way back home" feature that's apparently in beta test with some drivers? When will it be implemented?
Thank you.

gietno

Hello,
1. Do you have any knowledge if Uber will ever implement Tip button? (yeah, yeah, I know lots of you are laughing...)
2. Any knowledge regarding "find rider on your way back home" feature that's apparently in beta test with some drivers? When will it be implemented?
Thank you.
These would be nice if finally it happens.