Uber Email Support Agent here! I QUIT UBER TODAY! Ask me anything

Hello everyone!

So today I decided to quit my job at Uber as a email support agent.

I have been following this forum for about a year now while I was working for SHITber.

Let me know what questions you have as a driver. I know a lot of drivers (partners) do NOT like the email support agents because they feel like they do not care or simply cannot understand english lol.

Just to answer the question before it is asked, yes I am in the US, Cali to be exact. Most of the agents are in America, but they are starting to hire more India and Manilla agents now.

Please feel free to ask questions....

Renaldow

How did you apply to become a CSR? Just curious because I see ads and everything to be a driver, but never see anything for CSR.

Oh My

Hello everyone!

So today I decided to quit my job at Uber as a email support agent.

I have been following this forum for about a year now while I was working for SHITber.

Let me know what questions you have as a driver. I know a lot of drivers (partners) do NOT like the email support agents because they feel like they do not care or simply cannot understand english lol.

Just to answer the question before it is asked, yes I am in the US, Cali to be exact. Most of the agents are in America, but they are starting to hire more India and Manilla agents now.

Please feel free to ask questions....
What is your approximate age, educational background and prior work history (if applicable)?

Thanks.

danahhoh

Do all cities have a local office to communicate with?. I am in dayton oh. I seem to get Cincinnati reps but i can't drive there. And why can we not drive in multiple cities close by?

Oh My

Are you all REALLY going to take this New Member post seriously? Look at the avatar.

She's/it's obviously an Uber RIDER or maybe even Travis himself.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What is your approximate age, educational background and prior work history (if applicable)?

Thanks.
I'm 24. There are agents that are as young as 19 or as old as 50 though. I have some college and mostly customer service background.

Do all cities have a local office to communicate with?. I am in dayton oh. I seem to get Cincinnati reps but i can't drive there. And why can we not drive in multiple cities close by?
No not all cities have a local office. Mostly the major cities but they are opening offices in new cities quite frequently now.

They say you are not suppose to drive in other cities but I see people do it all the time. They tell you not to buy honestly they have no real way to track it. I knew a driver whole was registered in Sacramento but accepted ride request in San Diego all the time.

Are you all REALLY going to take this New Member post seriously? Look at the avatar.

She's/it's obviously an Uber RIDER or maybe even Travis himself.
lol I WISH i was Travis... well not really, but I wish I had his money. I highly doubt a man with his money could care less about us. I still have all the macro emails (automated emails) in my text expander.

-But yes, I am a rider as well :smiles: Luckily my account still has some Uber credit on it lol

poopy

No questions, just a compliment on how beautiful you are in your profile pic!

Also be aware of a couple, or more, members hitting on you.
You know, to meet up and "compare notes" and chit.

I won't mention any names or anything (tray, BmanFromThe6, et al).

:wink:

No questions, just a compliment on how beautiful you are in your profile pic!

Also be aware of a couple, or more, members hitting on you.
You know, to meet up and "compare notes" and chit.

I won't mention any names or anything (tray, BmanFromThe6, et al).

:wink:
lol I just googled the pic and saved it. I guess I'll change it now lmao

Emp9

i you reqired to handle a certian amount of tickets per day and do csr feedback rating count?

Feisal Mo

why doesnt uber like to pay out the $500 Lyft driver referral bonus. They will try to dis encourage you as much as possible with endless emails until you decide to give up. I just went to a local manager who credited my account right away.

i you reqired to handle a certian amount of tickets per day and do csr feedback rating count?
Yes, you are usually required to complete 3-8 emails an hour. I honestly would just do about 6 emails the first 10 minutes of the hour and break for the rest of the hour sometimes.

CSRs get ratings/feedback as well. Those emails that you receive after you have spoke with someone, yeah, we got those but they honestly didn't matter. Unlike the drivers, if we got bad feedback, they really didn't do anything, well at least my managers didn't.

why doesnt uber like to pay out the $500 Lyft driver referral bonus. They will try to dis encourage you as much as possible with endless emails until you decide to give up. I just went to a local manager who credited my account right away.
Not sure why you had that experience. Anytime I got one of those emails, I would go into the account and verify that the referral was valid and credit the account