• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber effect on marriage

Poldark

How has Uber impacted your marriage are you earning enough to compensate you for not being there for the kids on the weekend ??? Or how little you see of your wife and extended family Are you losing friends Is doing Uber worth it???

Mko69

Uber? Fine for me if the kids complain not enough time with them i just take abreak and friend still keep contact and do some cacth up. With wife happy as it is

littlekid

It is effecting my SINGLE life for not having enough time for nightlife , catchup with friends , clubbing, drinking, bar pub and my sleep time. Lucky I am not married it's a brave thing to do.

I can only drive between 10pm till 6am Max. Cannot drive during the day and cannot early start. I normally drive three weekends and take one weekend off. If any of my friends available do catch up, otherwise watch game if any or treat myself with movie or tinder :smiles:

EyesWIDEopen

How has Uber impacted your marriage are you earning enough to compensate you for not being there for the kids on the weekend ??? Or how little you see of your wife and extended family Are you losing friends Is doing Uber worth it???
Always look on the bright side of life...
UBER can fly you away...
Far far away from family, friends and problems you think you have...

Listen to Al Bundy... Now this guy would have made a great president...!!!

westieuber

I hear some guys use Uber as an excuse to get out of the house and away from the ball and chain.
Can be a good way to get out for a bit of time to yourself, I've found the wife don't like if your going to the pub with your buddies but she certainly don't mind some extra $$ to waste on shit that is not needed. As the old saying goes 'can't live with em, can't live without em'.

Akong

Good post. I know a guy who works in a warehouse from 4:30am - 4:00pm Mon-Sat and the rest of the hours ubering and sleeping 2-3 hours. He only sees his family on Sunday and if his wife works on Sunday he doesn't see her all week. My suggestion is have a balance.

moody boy

I have two jobs my full time job from 7am-3:30pm Mon- Fr
Uber: Thursday 3:30pm to 8:30pm
Friday 8:30pm - 2am
Saturday 8:30pm - 2am
Do I have enough time for family? Yes
Do I have enough time for a friends? No
who are my real friends? it's my wife and my children.
For me it's not how much time I have for my wife and kids.
it's how do I spend the time I have with my family. some people like to whinge about uber but for me
since I started uber I can proudly say I'm in better financial position and we have better family life.
Thank God!

littlekid

Since you guys are all married, just wanna know is having wife and kids important in this age ? I cannot convince myself to get married and have kids ? Why I share my money and time with any free loaders for lifetime, they never respect you they just see you like food.

I mean I can explain but may be it's rude for some of you and I am sorry for my thinking

I am curious if life throw you another chance do you still want to get married?

the idea itself is like jumpin the sea tied yourself with a heavy rock behind your back, you cannot swim you will drain eventually.

moody boy

Since you guys are all married, just wanna know is having wife and kids important in this age ? I cannot convince myself to get married and have kids ? Why I share my money and time with any free loaders for lifetime, they never respect you they just see you like food.

I mean I can explain but may be it's rude for some of you and I am sorry for my thinking

I am curious if life throw you another chance do you still want to get married?

the idea itself is like jumpin the sea tied yourself with a heavy rock behind your back, you cannot swim you will drain eventually.
I always advice people if you don't want to have a kids don't have them the worst thing someone could do is bring a child to this world without love and care
worst of all some do physical and emotional abuse to child.
The day you think you are ready for it go for it otherwise just stay the way you are now.

ubermatt88

Driving full time has been great for my family, I make enough to pay the mortgage, and get a 3 day weekend each week, we have 2 kids, and they for the most part understand when i have to go to work. I sometimes sleep away from home, and the mrs understands this too. Monday is a recovery/family day, tuesday's are my day with the kids, where we normally do something together, and give mum a break, Wednesday is a home day, we visit my parents/her parents, the kids stay for the night and we go out for dinner. the rest of the time im basically online.
In any relationship, you make sacrifices, but you also have to remember you're in a partnership, you're only as strong as each other

dontheman

You just gotta do what makes you happy.
If you're happier staying home with the wife and kids then you do that.

I spend less time with my family but my wife still supports me doing uber on the weekends.
I don't care what other people say about tax, less family time etc etc

When she says stop uber then i will drop this.
Just like the great man once says. Insects are attracted to the light.
The Brighter you are, the more insects around it

prk

Driving full time has been great for my family, I make enough to pay the mortgage, and get a 3 day weekend each week, we have 2 kids, and they for the most part understand when i have to go to work. I sometimes sleep away from home, and the mrs understands this too. Monday is a recovery/family day, tuesday's are my day with the kids, where we normally do something together, and give mum a break, Wednesday is a home day, we visit my parents/her parents, the kids stay for the night and we go out for dinner. the rest of the time im basically online.
In any relationship, you make sacrifices, but you also have to remember you're in a partnership, you're only as strong as each other
I love this.

soontobeautomated

1 in 3 Aussie marriages end in divorce. 10% of the population cannot legally get married. If you can drive, legally get married AND have a successful marriage, good luck to you.

That said, if Uber gets in the way of an otherwise successful partnership, its time to drop Uber or at least look for other income streams.

tohunt4me

I dont have time to date married women any more due to rate cuts causing the need for driving 20 hour days.