Uber Eats

Faile

I like Eats: nice break from people now and then. Payes about the same as X. And you can look for actual parking :smiles: There is a $15 deposit on the insulated bag you get. It's big and worth more than 15. Uber is going to be keeping my deposit when I leave :wink:

Don't do Instant Eats. It was kinda fun, but the $25/hour guarantee I got was gross. I accepted every ping so made the max I could have, but it was not as much as I could have made doing X on a friday... Plus you have to drop off their special bag after, so that adds to time spent. Really bugged me that $ made didn't show on statement till following wednesday too, but that's hust me.

Stephentong

is anyone currently doing UberEats? If so, how are you finding it? Worth the time? Or suck like poo?
I do UberEats 55 hours each week and made $1,200,it is average $22 per hour,$10 per job after cut. The best is I lost 10 pounds since UberEats work and don't need to do workout anymore. It is better than to stay inside the car all the time when I drove UberX before. On the top, tip is $10 each day average.

Campark

I do UberEats 55 hours each week and made $1,200,it is average $22 per hour,$10 per job after cut. The best is I lost 10 pounds since UberEats work and don't need to do workout anymore. It is better than to stay inside the car all the time when I drove UberX before. On the top, tip is $10 each day average.
Do you find its slower now after new regs in toronto? What area do you work?

Stephentong

Do you find its slower now after new regs in toronto? What area do you work?
Yes, it is slower now. Before,I made $375 a day but not anymore now. I worked mostly north of Lawrance ave,lots of long trips. One long trip with double orders is amazing

Destiny2016

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was wondering the same thing. I am a current X driver. How would I sign up for uber eats. Could I do both at the same time? Or do one at a time?

Faile

They emailed me after 50 trips. Email them if you want to do it and have +50 and havn't heard from them. U have to go into the office to get the bag.

U automatically are available for both once you are signed up for X and Eats. Eats comes in like any request on the usual app: sais delivery instead of X or Pool.

Sam023

I like Eats: nice break from people now and then. Payes about the same as X. And you can look for actual parking :smiles: There is a $15 deposit on the insulated bag you get. It's big and worth more than 15. Uber is going to be keeping my deposit when I leave :wink:

You can look for actual parking? Good luck with finding a parking spot when you want to do a delivery to Condo units and 90% of your delivery going to be for a Condo unit in downtown.

When you do find parking and you get to the building, you call and ask for their buzzer and they tell you to check for the name. Finally when you get in, you wait for elevator.

Specially very tall building like ICE condo at york and Gardiner expressway, where someone thought its a great idea to have only 3 elevator for first 30 floors and 2more on the other side for 30th floor to 60th. You are doing all this while hoping and praying that you didn't get a ticket while you are away for 10 minutes.

Onetime when I was on a delivery, all the elevator went down at 12 York st, even though there was electricity. After waiting for 15 minutes I walked slowly my way down from 22nd floor. Very angry and frustrated. When I got to the lobby, I saw sea of people. Most of them were young and beautiful, but they all looked angry and depressed, sitting on the floor whereever they can find a spot. Even though, they were wearing nice cloths and expensive perfume, you can still smell the odor from the sweat.

I didnt feel so frustrated anymore. In fact, I was happy for living at my wife's parents house for free.

UberAnt39

There's probably a message asking you to sign up in that list of things as the bottom of the map, that you have to scroll through to get to Today's Trips (you know, that list of some of the trips you've taken today, with a few of them even having what they paid next to them). They'll probably opt you in for both but in SF you can go to the Partner Center and opt out of whichever one starts to make you feel more insulted first.

Bruce55

Yes, it is slower now. Before,I made $375 a day but not anymore now. I worked mostly north of Lawrance ave,lots of long trips. One long trip with double orders is amazing
$375/day?
At 5 days a week that's over $93K/year and this includes a two week vacation. That doesn't sound believable for a delivery job and I know you said you're not making that now but what are you earning now?

sporadic

I never go upstairs though. I call the requester. If requester doesn't pick up, I call the Uber Eats hotline and tell them that I am at the dropoff point but I can't contact the requester AND there is no parking. Hotline will then try to contact the requester, and send the requester downstairs. If Hotline can't contact requester, it's free dinner for me. Requesters at apartments never tip because they're usually self-entitled millennials who don't give a damn about tipping.

You can look for actual parking? Good luck with finding a parking spot when you want to do a delivery to Condo units and 90% of your delivery going to be for a Condo unit in downtown.

When you do find parking and you get to the building, you call and ask for their buzzer and they tell you to check for the name. Finally when you get in, you wait for elevator.

Specially very tall building like ICE condo at york and Gardiner expressway, where someone thought its a great idea to have only 3 elevator for first 30 floors and 2more on the other side for 30th floor to 60th. You are doing all this while hoping and praying that you didn't get a ticket while you are away for 10 minutes.

Onetime when I was on a delivery, all the elevator went down at 12 York st, even though there was electricity. After waiting for 15 minutes I walked slowly my way down from 22nd floor. Very angry and frustrated. When I got to the lobby, I saw sea of people. Most of them were young and beautiful, but they all looked angry and depressed, sitting on the floor whereever they can find a spot. Even though, they were wearing nice cloths and expensive perfume, you can still smell the odor from the sweat.

I didnt feel so frustrated anymore. In fact, I was happy for living at my wife's parents house for free.

sporadic

25 completed trips and no late fees?

Here in Australia we have A$10 compensation if the restaurant takes more than 10 min to hand us the food. I routinely get 6 or 7 late fees out of 30 trips in a week.

Stephentong

25 completed trips and no late fees?

Here in Australia we have A$10 compensation if the restaurant takes more than 10 min to hand us the food. I routinely get 6 or 7 late fees out of 30 trips in a week.
Here in Toronto, if you wait over 15mins, you can get $10 compensation, just send email to cs and they would credit your account