Uber eats

rudygti

just got a text to opt in to uber eats for OC. 4 dollars per delivery plus 2 dollars a mile!? Am I missing something? Seems like it's better than doing uber x.

rudygti

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
how can it be a losing proposition at 2 dollars a mile, plus sadly enough devliery drivers are almost always tipped unlike uber drivers

ubermonkey

imma break it down since this keeps getting brought up uber eats used to pay really well now they lowered the rates, increased commission while also wasting more of your time

if everybody stops doing it uber would have to raise rates

you dont get paid for your time so the time it takes you to go pickup the food , the food is supposed to ready and waiting but a lot of places will make you wait and tell you its not ready yet, you have to go deliver the food and thats when you start getting paid and its based on distance only the customer is supposed to meet you on the street and pickup the food from your car but a lot of people expect you to find parking go up their building and deliver to their doorstep all while not tipping a dime because uber spams tips are included so there is no need to tip

you will make like 5-8$ a delivery and that will take 15-30 mins

dont believe me go do it for yourself

ADefaultUser

imma break it down since this keeps getting brought up uber eats used to pay really well now they lowered the rates, increased commission while also wasting more of your time

you dont get paid for your time so the time it takes you to go pickup the food , the food is supposed to ready and waiting but a lot of places will make you wait and tell you its not ready yet, you have to go deliver the food and thats when you start getting paid and its based on distance only the customer is supposed to meet you on the street and pickup the food from your car but a lot of people expect you to find parking go up their building and deliver to their doorstep all while not tipping a dime because uber spams tips are included so there is no need to tip

$5/delivery would imply a .5 mile delivery distance, which is incredibly unlikely. a 2 mile dropoff, which seems somewhat below average, would net you $8. You'd need to figure out a system to bang out 3 of those deliveries/hour to be reasonably profitable.

ubermonkey

$5/delivery would imply a .5 mile delivery distance, which is incredibly unlikely. a 2 mile dropoff, which seems somewhat below average, would net you $8. You'd need to figure out a system to bang out 3 of those deliveries/hour to be reasonably profitable.
2 mile delivery

4$+ 4$ (2 per mile) = 8$ uber takes 25% so 8-2= 6$ thats what you get paid and factor in expenses
a 2 mile delivery will take 15-20 mins at least

a .5 mile drop off is closer to 3$

do the real math and be honest and calculate your expenses vs what you take in if you can make it work for you kudos
but the new eats is close to slave labor it sucks cause that 6$ delivery used to be closer to 15-20

ADefaultUser

1) Does UE pay $4 delivery or $5/delivery? Cuz they charge the customer $5.

2) I had no idea UE still demanded a 25% cut, so that means the effective pay is $4/delivery + $1.50/mile, which means a person should average $7/delivery. If they can bang out 3 deliveries/hour they'd be sitting at $21/hour, which is more than what some people are making per hour based on this thread: https://uberpeople.net/threads/what-is-your-per-hour-average-income.91264/unread

3) Having said that, I bet there are only 5 hours in the day which will allow for a theoretical 3 deliveries/hour.

Collin1000

1) Does UE pay $4 delivery or $5/delivery? Cuz they charge the customer $5.

2) I had no idea UE still demanded a 25% cut, so that means the effective pay is $4/delivery + $1.50/mile, which means a person should average $7/delivery. If they can bang out 3 deliveries/hour they'd be sitting at $21/hour, which is more than what some people are making per hour based on this thread: https://uberpeople.net/threads/what-is-your-per-hour-average-income.91264/unread

3) Having said that, I bet there are only 5 hours in the day which will allow for a theoretical 3 deliveries/hour.
1) UE pays $4 pin drop + $2 mile. No time based pay. As others have said, you *will* spend time finding parking at the pickup, you *will* spend time waiting for the food, it *will* make you hungry, you *won't* get paid for any of it. They charge the customer a flat $5 for delivery, but they pay you milage. They also charge the restaurant a fee for being on UberEats.

2) Uber takes their usual cut of the fare.

3) Deliveries take time. Waiting for food is killer. They take me 20-30 minutes each in most cases. I can't imagine getting 3 done in an hour.

This being said, I enjoy driving UE: https://uberpeople.net/threads/why-would-anyone-do-uber-eats.91580/#post-1284610

SorryBluetoothOnly

Is there any concept of "food not ready" or "no show" fees? Your examples of trouble on the pickup and drop off would be frustrating. If people don't tip anyway, I wouldn't be getting out of the car for them.