Uber Eats

BramasoleATX

It has been by invitation so far, but I am certain it will be rolled out to every single Uber X driver quickly. Email and text invitations to sign up for Eats and the training started going out to selected Austin drivers around the beginning of August.
The service is promised to customers as 10 minute delivery from the time of order. I would imagine (eventually) the only way to make that happen is with every single X driver on board but in the beginning they will limit it to certain drivers to control the chaos.
It will be advertised as another opportunity to keep your vehicle moving during the lunchtime hours when X is normally slow.
And of course, it is advertised as "No need to tip!"

As an Uber X driver this might be an OK deal - figure you will probably get paid guaranteed $15/hr from 11am-2pm. I wonder about ratings though. Will ratings take a hit if you take more than 10 minutes or the food is cold through no fault of your own?

Last edited:

turbovator

We get the point dick. Btw, it's you're, not your

No wonder YOU'RE broke! This is texting not English composition class. Maybe YOU'RE missing YOU'RE calling and should try to find a real job like a proof reader or a vocabulary or grammar teacher. You yourself said YOU'RE broke chasing the Uber dream.

Last edited:

UberBroke

No wonder your broke! This is texting not English composition class. Maybe your missing your calling and should try to find a real job like a proof reader or a vocabulary or grammar teacher. You yourself said your broke chasing the Uber dream.
Well, if you want to come on here acting like a jackass I'll point out how dumb you are. I'm not trying to get rich driving for uber either...

turbovator

Well, if you want to come on here acting like a jackass I'll point out how dumb you are. I'm not trying to get rich driving for uber either...
The truth can hurt sometimes. That's good some people are content working for minimum wage. In that case you might want to change YOU'RE Avitar name to "I'm broke but I know better"

MedicOne

Cut straight from the uber web page. So much bull shit. They go out of their way to encourage people NOT to tip. Does antbody on here do the service? How much traffic do you get? and how did you get added?

(Does UberEATS surge?

UberEATS does not surge. Delivery happens for a low flat $3 fee for each order, regardless of how busy it is.

Do I need to tip my driver?

No need to tip! The best way to thank your driver is with a 5-star rating)

Toddal

Does your informant have any comment on what he is making? I think we all figured tips would be involved in this Eats thing but now apparently not. Seems crazy if the fee is only $3 and the driver sees $2 of that.