Uber eats triple charging wants me to tip you guys way too much!

TheDevilisaParttimer

Pretty sure you're a sock puppet of the other Canuck troll but I'll play.

What's preventing you from waddling your ass out of your home and going to the restaurant to get your food? Or even going to the grocery store, buying food and cooking it yourself? That's the cheapest option.

There's nothing in the U.S. Constitution that guarantees a cheap ride in a stranger's car. Nor is there anything that guarantees cheap food delivery.

I'm sure there's nothing like that in the 51st state America's Attic AKA Canada either. Don't like paying? Then don't order.

View attachment 336700
Did you see the tip was only $5. A post on a driver forum to complain about $5....

AveragePerson

I don't pay delivery fee, service fee or tip. Your doing it wrong.

Just got to use the right app and take advantage of offers like free delivery with X
min order(usually $15-20) + X off order promo / discount code + 0 tips. Save money, live better.

Sometimes when you feel generous you can throw them a little ?.

This is a typical order for me but I'll include one with the tip to show that I tip once in a blue moon.

Screenshot_20190719_121125.jpg

MyJessicaLS430

Presets used to be $2,$4,$6 or $1,$3,$5 and now you want a delivery fee, service fee AND a percentage of the bill tip?
Ordering a delivery is a privilege but not a right. If you are running short of $, you may consider alternatives.

This is my comrade to pay off my $37k Lexus in a year. I only have 2 packs of such ($0.4/pack in China Town), 2 slices of ham, a hard-boiled egg and some lettuce every weekday. Only in the weekends I dine in restaurants.
doll noodle.jpg

Visit Cicis pizza ($6.5 BUFFET compared with your $20+ pizza). All you need to worry is to leave a $1 banknote on the table.

Think about how much you can save to make the sandwich yourself. You can get a loaf of bread at Walmart for $3 or so. A few slices of tomatoes and ham and Viola! No skills involved at all > No tip required.

However, if you are too lazy to walk to Cicis or Walmart, you are not better than a whiner.

You can always give a customized tip in a restaurant regardless of whether you are too stingy or want to appreciate your server for his/her phenomenal service. You have the "Other" option in the app if you feel like to tip the driver $1 or so.

Untitled.jpg

AveragePerson

Ordering a delivery is a privilege but not a right. If you are running short of $, you may consider alternatives.

This is my comrade to pay off my $37k Lexus in a year. I only have 2 packs of such ($0.4/pack in China Town), 2 slices of ham, a hard-boiled egg and some lettuce every weekday. Only in the weekends I dine in restaurants.
View attachment 337070

Visit Cicis pizza ($6.5 BUFFET compared with your $20+ pizza). All you need to worry is to leave a $1 banknote on the table.

Think about how much you can save to make the sandwich yourself. You can get a loaf of bread at Walmart for $3 or so. A few slices of tomatoes and ham and Viola! No skills involved at all > No tip required.

However, if you are too lazy to walk to Cicis or Walmart, you are not better than a whiner.

You can always give a customized tip in a restaurant regardless of whether you are too stingy or want to appreciate your server for his/her phenomenal service. You have the "Other" option in the app if you feel like to tip the driver $1 or so.

View attachment 337072
It sounds like you can't afford a $37k Lexus without severe compromise to your lifestyle and diet that threatened your health. Aka not being able to afford.

MyJessicaLS430

It sounds like you can't afford a $37k Lexus without severe compromise to your lifestyle and diet that threatened your health. Aka not being able to afford.
Not sure if you have difficulty in reading. If you believe paying off a $37k car in one year is a piece of cake, good for you. Otherwise, I do feel pathetic for your naive and ignorant mindset.

I rather have one good water bottle than multiple of those no name water bottles.
Although I only use Express Pool, I feel nothing inappropriate taking amended as I see fit if it's being offered, naturally star ratings will go up in relation to the quality of the amendies as sign of appreciation.
Have just finished reading your post from another thread. Do yourself a favour cheapskate. Expecting amenities from a pool ride, it is conceivable to speculate that a low life like you cannot even afford a beat up car. A toddler can talk better than you do. Admit that Lexus is always out of reach for you.

AveragePerson

Not sure if you have difficulty in reading. If you believe paying off a $37k car in one year is a piece of cake, good for you. Otherwise, I do feel pathetic for your naive and ignorant mindset.

Have just finished reading your post from another thread. Do yourself a favour cheapskate. Expecting amenities from a pool ride, it is conceivable to speculate that a low life like you cannot even afford a beat up car. A toddler can talk better than you do. Admit that Lexus is always out of reach for you.
If you don't have the sufficient income to offset your expense, why must hour torture yourself and your health to pay it off in one year? There is no shame in needing time to pay it off.

I'm not expecting amendies but if it's offered why not? It's being offered voluntarily afterall.

I don't drive, it's beneath me. I pay people to drive me. That's where you come in. I'll get a Tesla when they get real self driving and if the cost make sense.

I don’t mind tipping drivers for the convenience, but I’m not tipping the same or more than I would at a restaurant. Delivery is usually a 10-15 minute job: 5 minutes to pick it up (if you have to wait) and about a 5 minute bike ride or car ride. If I order from somewhere farther away I make sure I tip for sure, usually it’s only a 3 block radius.

Okay, so today Uber eats announces some BS. A delivery fee, a service fee and tipping of presets 10/15/20%. Uber automatically chooses a 15% preset option. Wtf is this, I’m paying %35-45 service change.

Presets used to be $2,$4,$6 or $1,$3,$5 and now you want a delivery fee, service fee AND a percentage of the bill tip?
That’s way more than a restaurant. I did advocate for having the true cost on the bill but they still want us to tip on top of more than doubling the delivery price. If the only way you can make money on a $30 dollar bill is charging $8.50-13.50 for a 3 block delivery then you deserve to go out of business.

Attached is how a service charge, delivery fee and recommended 15% tip turns a $33 billl with a $13.54 delivery fee and taxes into a $52.50 bill! ???
Ubereats is a ripoff to both customer and driver. I decided to quit wasting my time, gas and miles on my vehicle. I drove so many miles last night and didnt get hardly any tips. I am super friendly when I deliver, here is your order from xxx, enjoy your meal, have a nice evening, each delivery. I always tell the customer if there was a wait time at pickup location and apologize, smile and walk away.
Screenshot_2019-07-19-09-46-17.png

Post automatically merged:

First of all, I never mentioned once that I was a driver to pay off my car or any other expenses. Nor do I expect tips. How bout trying to earn extra cash money for a savings account. You people wanna slam drivers without even know our story. So quit judging.

sellkatsell44

View attachment 337070

View attachment 337072
For anyone who has a $37k car and would like to offset their cost with other costs and would be considering the ramen diet you’re better off with a brown rice diet.

it’s healthier and more filling and a 50lb bag has roughly 250 servings at $25 per bag that’s $.1 per serving which is actually less than $.4/serving.

you can still add eggs or lettuce and even make fried rice with it.

but generally ramen is high in sodium. On the occasion is ok, as I indulge in ramen too. But on the regular = heart attack in the future.

don’t skimp now when the costs down the line would be $$$$$.

as I’m saying this I’m eating greens and wontons.