Uber Eats San Diego

Ryan37

I wanted to start a threads for those of us working for Uber Eats in San Diego. Currently it seems like uber is pouring money into it. Win for us for now.
Is anyone actually getting deliveries? I seem to average one to two deliveries an hour, with the guarantees I'm happy but with out them I don't think it would be worth it.
I keep getting texts about driving and how they are adding in more guarantees was the 4th of July weekend actually busy? Or did many driver's take the weekend off like I did?

DriverX

So whats your hourly average net?

Is it alwasy on when your online or can you opt out of it?
Do you just choose eats mode on the app and switch over to X when you want to drive X?

What are the guarantees?

San Diego X

I haven't ordered UberEats, but Uber keeps sending me $20 off promo codes and I passed my promo code out to a few people who used it. Also got two $7 off promo codes due to Uber's technical difficulties last week.

One day, I'll have to place an order. Good luck to the drivers out there, hopefully UberEaters have a heart and tip, unlike pax.

Ryan37

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So whats your hourly average net?

Is it alwasy on when your online or can you opt out of it?
Do you just choose eats mode on the app and switch over to X when you want to drive X?

What are the guarantees?
I have only driven for uber eats, so I am not sure if you can do both, or if you have to pick.

The guarantees are kinda random they were great on the 4th of July because I'm sure a lot of drivers took it off. And now they added a minimum to trips per hour which sucks because I have waited over an hour for one delivery to ping. If no one is ordering I won't make the guarantee, and with out them I'll make like 4 bucks an hour.

DriverX

I have only driven for uber eats, so I am not sure if you can do both, or if you have to pick.

The guarantees are kinda random they were great on the 4th of July because I'm sure a lot of drivers took it off. And now they added a minimum to trips per hour which sucks because I have waited over an hour for one delivery to ping. If no one is ordering I won't make the guarantee, and with out them I'll make like 4 bucks an hour.
more like $2 after gas and miles. I'd quit that fast, you're going to go broke.

Dirtbag Surfer

All this sounds terrible and like a complete waste of time...
Still don't know what the rates are and if you can run both X etc and Eats at the same time, just taking pings as they come in for whatever service. Probably not, that's a lot to ask from a technology company. Sitting around waiting an hour for a ping for the food delivery is lame. Also, I wonder if anyone has gotten tipped yet on Eats? Doubt it since Uber made it really, really, really clear that no tip is needed! THANKS UBER!!

Gabriel Quijas

My insider source at the Pyramid says you will get X and Eat pings. I signed up for eats when it was beta mode here. Of course I have never done a Eats, but like to pretend I am a super Partner. Guy said no need for separate accounts since that was what I wanted. You will get X and Eats when logged in, if you are signed up for both. I need to do some driving the other job is getting snoring. I imagine when I do go out it will be a cluster F. Pool Ping ignore, X accept stacked ride is a Eats, X turns into Pool by itself, my head explodes from all this non sense.

Rendog11

Man all that information was not motivational and with that in mind one should ponder their next thought about the foo ber experiment,experience, and executives. Something seems very unstable, unsettling, and unwarranted. I am a x driver haven't driven in 4 months. I understand and feel your pain. Please reconsider your path working for these monopolies.

Gabriel Quijas

Only problem with doing X and Eats is that your car is going to reek for your pax, potentially dragging your ratings down.
That was why I wanted a separate account. When I want to do eats when I get sick of dealing with jerks, but there is no way I can do Eats and X. I will not get dinged for bad smells in my car because Uber refuses to do what is right. So Eats go to hell. Or X decisions decisions well right now Uber can just go to hell.

Rendog11

Fluber ates what a joke! What's next fluber massage, fluber toe nail cuts, fluber 911.....................give me a break so greedy dispicable arrogant good for nothing corruption vehicle of pure evil manifesto creating revolution in the minds of distorted unknowns getting desperate people with nothing to lose to do krampas dirty work.What a sad state of being in modern society.

Ryan37

Has anyone had trouble with food at the restaurant not being ready? I don't mind waiting a minute or two. On Saturday night I had to wait 15 minutes for Woodstock's Pizza in PB to finish making the pizza. That could have easily knocked me behind schedule and I would have missed the guarantees on Saturday night.
Has any one found a way to communicate that a restaurant is chronically slow?
I know uber does not care if I miss out on the guarantees actually I'm sure they prefer it. But that's also 15 minutes of dead time, I could not take another drive which would make uber more. Since they more money the more deliveries I do.

Poolepit

Has anyone had trouble with food at the restaurant not being ready? I don't mind waiting a minute or two. On Saturday night I had to wait 15 minutes for Woodstock's Pizza in PB to finish making the pizza. That could have easily knocked me behind schedule and I would have missed the guarantees on Saturday night.
I know uber does not care if I miss out on the guarantees actually I'm sure they prefer it. But that's also 15 minutes of dead time, I could not take another drive which would make uber more. Since they more money the more deliveries I do.
What are you averaging hourly with and without the gtds?

Ryan37

What are you averaging hourly with and without the gtds?
Depending on the time frame im netting between 10 to 17 on hour in profit with the guarantees.
With out the guarantees , it's like $4, so not worth it

David Benedict

You can cancel after 15 minutes and select the option excessive wait time, and Uber reimburses you. Keep UberEats on the low.... yes all the above is true bad rates bad time no tips... yes 10-15 an hour with guarantees bad bad bad... keep driving X