• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber eats pickup or dine in? WTH

Mighty Mo

I would take it as offering to the customer to simply pre order their food, so when they arrive it is ready or close to it.
Surely only for a very nominal fee if any right?
Not the worst idea if your in a hurry but maybe don't want to eat on the run or in your car.
I like it.

potato

I would take it as offering to the customer to simply pre order their food, so when they arrive it is ready or close to it.
Surely only for a very nominal fee if any right?
Not the worst idea if your in a hurry but maybe don't want to eat on the run or in your car.
I like it.
Sounds terrible. They'd be dealing with the same shit we do. The order would never be ready, The place didn't see it on the tablet blah blah

FetaD

Sounds terrible. They'd be dealing with the same shit we do. The order would never be ready, The place didn't see it on the tablet blah blah
Haha, that's a great point. Never have I placed an order for food at a restaurant, shown up 15 minutes later, and had the employees look at me like they never knew an order had been placed. That's the UberTouch these customers can experience.

islanders88

When did this happen? Why would I pay to go pick up my own food? Or pay to dine in?

View attachment 272781
Wow...that's brilliant in a sinister way. Uber does charge 30% on the entire order placed at restaurants thru the Eats app. Since they have taken out the delivery driver from the equation, they get to keep the entire 30% to themselves and the customer has to do the leg work of picking up their own food just to save $2.99. I can understand people ordering from nearby places and then go pickup when its ready but I wonder, why would people pay for dine-in when they can use their credit cards/cash?

Mighty Mo

Maybe restaurant doesn't have an app for it? On app can afford you option to save payment info and other services like that.

tohunt4me

When did this happen? Why would I pay to go pick up my own food? Or pay to dine in?

View attachment 272781
Most fast food resturants have an app.
All Resturants have a phone.
Call in your order
Free of Charge

I'd call the restaurant and order the food if I was going to pick it up myself, why use UberEats app and be charged extra $1.5-$5.5?
Uber is Banking on Mindless Millinials ?