• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Eats now has tip before ordering as option.

Alidean

I just ordered some food and that's the first time I've seen where you tip before placing the order like on grubhub

Another Uber Driver

What I would like to see on UberX is what they used to have on Uber Taxi before Uber implemented across-the-board tipping. There was a twenty per-cent default tip on Uber Taxi. You could change the setting. You could even specify a dollar amount regardless of the fare. When Uber implemented across-the-board tipping, it took that out of the Taxi option. You tip on Uber Taxi as you do on X, XL, Black and SUV: when you rate the driver. As most customers do not bother to rate, this has totally destroyed tipping on Uber Taxi.

I would like to see it restored not just to Uber Taxi, but implemented application-wide.

nutzareus

There was a brief period where I had separate boosts for UberEats in Tysons Corner area. Came in handy during lunch hour.

Stephen Uno

I noticed every time I got a delivery with price shown, I don’t get a tip. It kinda makes me feel like they include the tips as part of delivery cost.

Nats121

I noticed every time I got a delivery with price shown, I don’t get a tip. It kinda makes me feel like they include the tips as part of delivery cost.
You're referring to the "guaranteed minimum" orders.

Uber's desperate to find a driver to take them, which usually means they're late, and thus less likely to tip.