Uber Eats not worth it.

Hey now

This his a huge deal for restaurants. My friend trains an owner of a restaurant who uses the service. He said the restaurant receives 75% of the delivery charge whereas before, they would have to pay an employee to deliver. He said they are doing 35 deliveries a day and all the extra money is pure profit.

brian704

Did four runs to make sure I tried it out. Screw that three out of the four people said the app says I don't have to tip. I then replied it also says you need to be at the curb waiting. Then the fourth was at the curb but was pissed because she ordered something 20 min away and it took me so long to get it to her. I went right to the office and said take me off this crap

backstreets-trans

This his a huge deal for restaurants. My friend trains an owner of a restaurant who uses the service. He said the restaurant receives 75% of the delivery charge whereas before, they would have to pay an employee to deliver. He said they are doing 35 deliveries a day and all the extra money is pure profit.
From what I read the delivery charge is a flat $3.99 no hidden charges. The restaurants have to supplement the delivery out of pocket. Someone tell me if I'm wrong and there is also a mileage charge. No one in their right mind would do this without a chance of a tip.

Hey now

From what I read the delivery charge is a flat $3.99 no hidden charges. The restaurants have to supplement the delivery out of pocket. Someone tell me if I'm wrong and there is also a mileage charge. No one in their right mind would do this without a chance of a tip.
You could be right. Maybe I misunderstood him. i will try and get clarification.
Edit, just found this on the web. I think it's a little old because the fee was dropped from $5 to $3.99. Look at the quote from Uber about how the tip isn't needed because it's built into the price of the food! What a crock of shit! Does that mean the restaurants will also have to pay the drivers extra on the back end? I smell another law suit.

----As with the original Uber app, the UberEats app will feature what it calls “transparent pricing,” which means that all fees are bundled into menu prices and a $5 flat rate will be charged for each delivery, regardless of the order total or distance. “There is no need to tip the driver as it’s already included, but it's ultimately up to the customer,” says UberEats Los Angeles general manager Allen Narcisse. “The app shows an all-inclusive fee that makes the final total clear to the user.”

Last edited:

Teksaz

The email I got says...

Delivery rates include a base fare of $3.40 plus $1.15 per mile.

No per minute charge at all. Our time means nothing to Goober and of coarse NO tip.

So the base fare was $5.00, then to $3.99, and now to $3.40?? WTF!?!? Typical Goober screwing the drivers.

If we return the bag do they give us the $10.00 back??

backstreets-trans

The email I got says...

Delivery rates include a base fare of $3.40 plus $1.15 per mile.

No per minute charge at all. Our time means nothing to Goober and of coarse NO tip.

So the base fare was $5.00, then to $3.99, and now to $3.40?? WTF!?!? Typical Goober screwing the drivers.

If we return the bag do they give us the $10.00 back??
That's the catch uber is only charging $3.99 for delivery so they probably charge the restaurant 10% of the food bill and pocket the difference or they charge the restaurant the difference for delivery.

Sweitzeram

I doubt they charge the restaurant anything.. Uber has always been fine with burning through cash to gain market share. Once they take out doordash and grub hub I'd imagine things will change a bit.

Reactions: Lui

albertphx

When you Google "do I tip ubereats"
This is what comes up in bold letters on google.

No, you do not have to tip your delivery driver. Uber recommends thatyou do not tip. But — if you are particularly happy with your delivery driver — simply give them a five-star rating on Uber's mobile App.

Teksaz

I finally got the all clear from Goober to do Goober Eats but I'm still waiting for the bag to come in the mail. So yesterday I start getting hammered with Eats requests. Since I didn't have the bag yet, I just let them expire. Later on in the day this popped up (see below) and another one said the same thing for tomorrow. 8am-8pm. I'm like hmm. Maybe I'll try it out tomorrow. Well today's tomorrow and I did my first Eats delivery, bag or no bag. Lol Was cool. The order was literally 3 minutes from where I was, and was ready when I arrived. The final destination was a little over 3 miles away. Of coarse I had to take it to his apartment and no tip but I wasn't trippen, thinking I was gonna get the "Extra $7.00. HaHaHa Jokes on me. $5.63. WTF!?!? Sent an email but no reply, of coarse.

It really was easy peasy and I was expecting $12.63. That's not bad money for what I did and I didn't have to haul around some entitled slob. NO Dice. Just another Goober. I guess it's still better than a min. ride for $2.56 that just pi$$es you off.

Screenshot_20160719-152727.png

YourPrivateDriver

The 7.00 extra is only for the uber Walmart runs in Mesa. I just took the quiz they had and that made me figure out the bonus isn't for uber eats.

KendoUBER

I have been opted back into UBER eats 3 times now, randomly. I delivered the first two, the last one was a "thanks for lunch UBER". Really thinking about making the leap to Lyft only.

davnel78

I've done one solo uber eats so far in the past week. it was ok.. honestly didn't think it was worth the small amount with the distance I drove, but I'll take whatever I can get this time of year.

I just got a text about this Walmart thing? I'm assuming that this is the "UberRush" that was in my app last night? SO they're paying a flat rate $7 for a drive to Walmart then a drive to where the person's house is? Or is that $7 +mileage? I won't be accepting many of those if they think I'm going to drive from North Phx/PV down to Mesa to get someone's groceries?? HAHA My gas mileage is good, but not THAT good.

Hey now

For those of you who do uber eats, how long does it take to get rid of the food smell in your car? I have a hard enough time getting my car smelling right after I pick someone up at Starbucks.

davnel78

For those of you who do uber eats, how long does it take to get rid of the food smell in your car? I have a hard enough time getting my car smelling right after I pick someone up at Starbucks.
I haven't received the bag yet, although I got pinged for an order the other night. Sushi and sweet potato fries. I put it in my trunk. The smell was there for a little while after, but not noticeably long. I turned up the AC for a bit and it dissipated pretty quick. I may buy a small can of odor neutralizer or something if I end up doing a LOT of these orders though.