Uber Eats is using stacked orders as a new massive pay cut and deception to get drivers to accept stacked requests

Nats121

This week the percentage of stacked order requests have skyrocketed while at the same time the minimum pay outs for those stacked orders has declined.

Uber is also up to their typical scamming ways with their recent attempt to trick drivers into unknowingly accepting stacked orders. The ping box no longer tells the driver that the request is a double order. A very easy to miss little blue circle on the ping map is the only indication the driver gets that the request is a double order.

Uber makes out like a bandit on stacked orders due to the fact they collect full delivery fees for each order and charge restaurants the full 30% commission for each order while paying drivers MUCH LOWER RATES than they would if the orders were delivered separately.

Thus, another pay cut by Uber on top of the 40%+ pay cut Uber instituted last November in most markets.

Last edited:

AdAstra

another pay cut by Uber on top of the 40%+ pay cut Uber instituted last November in most markets.
Uber knows no matter how much they Lower Your Earnings
No Matter how much u complain
you’ll continue to deliver sandwiches 🥪 and soda 🥤

Uber told stockholders long ago
Not to expect happy contractors because
The Plan is to Take More from them.

Problem is Not Uber
The problem is those
that continue to deliver and drive for Uber

Last edited:

Transportador

This week the percentage of stacked order requests have skyrocketed while at the same time the minimum pay outs for those stacked orders has declined.

Uber is also up to their typical scamming ways with their recent attempt to trick drivers into unknowingly accepting stacked orders. The ping box no longer tells the driver that the request is a double order. A very easy to miss little blue circle on the ping map is the only indication the driver gets that the request is a double order.

Uber makes out like a bandit on stacked orders due to the fact they collect full delivery fees for each order and charge restaurants the full 30% commission for each order while paying drivers MUCH LOWER RATES than they would if the orders were delivered separately.

Thus, another pay cut by Uber on top of the 40%+ pay cut Uber instituted last November in most markets.
Thank you for mentioning the little blue circle, I'll look for it. I cancel one of the two orders if it takes a long time to cook, and deliver the one that is ready to cut my losses. On the positive side, double orders give you twice the chances of tip while requiring only one stop at the restaurant. Uber still wins of course. But for us, tip is the name of the game, not the fare.

Let's be clear that stacked pings are not the same as double orders though. The bad thing with stacked pings is that you can't see the destination map at ping time. I turn off request once I accept a ping to keep them from popping up. They mess up my navigation screen also since they pop up at the last minute of your trip when you are trying to zero in on your destination, blocking your map view.

CJfrom619

We’re now complaining about stacked ride requests??? Lol what is this?

I know Uber drivers love to complain but I didn’t think I would ever see the day a driver complained about getting requests? Especially a stacked request so you don’t have to wait after dropoff.

Correct me if Im wrong but we have a choice to accept the ride or not still right? This isn’t just a California thing. Your actually complaining about getting requests? Unreal. I know this OP loves to complain but this is on another level.

The Gift of Fish

We’re now complaining about stacked ride requests??? Lol what is this?

I know Uber drivers love to complain but I didn’t think I would ever see the day a driver complained about getting requests? Especially a stacked request so you don’t have to wait after dropoff.

Correct me if Im wrong but we have a choice to accept the ride or not still right? This isn’t just a California thing. Your actually complaining about getting requests? Unreal. I know this OP loves to complain but this is on another level.
I love these meta-complaint posts! (Complaining about complaining). Now, if someone complains about my post, they will be complaining about complaining about complaining.

Transportador

You’re lodging a “formal complaint” about a Complaint 👍
Post automatically merged:

Most low skill workers in all industries worldwide complain
They offer employers a basic drivers license credential
and expect to earn a living wage with dental 🦷🤣😂
Sounds like you are complaining for the employers lol

dnlbaboof

uber is under the gun.....huge decrease in demand due to never ending lockdowns, deranged democrats want to fire 80% of part time drivers with ab5 so things are going to change, just look at the bright side with stacked orders you get 2 tips

Nats121

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
uber is under the gun.....huge decrease in demand due to never ending lockdowns, deranged democrats want to fire 80% of part time drivers with ab5 so things are going to change, just look at the bright side with stacked orders you get 2 tips
AB5 has nothing to do with this. Uber's been cutting driver pay for years.

As far as tips are concerned, many stacked orders include one poor tip or no tip at all, and the huge pay penalty of stacked orders offsets a large chunk of whatever tips the driver gets anyway.

Thank you for mentioning the little blue circle, I'll look for it. I cancel one of the two orders if it takes a long time to cook, and deliver the one that is ready to cut my losses. On the positive side, double orders give you twice the chances of tip while requiring only one stop at the restaurant. Uber still wins of course. But for us, tip is the name of the game, not the fare.
Uber likes to use stacked deliveries as a dumping ground for poor tipped or non-tipped orders.

The very low payout of stacked orders offsets a hefty chunk of the tip revenue.

I received a rare double order yesterday (orders from two different restaurants) and the payout for one of the orders was $1.80.

Correct me if Im wrong but we have a choice to accept the ride or not still right?
"Ride"? This is Eats we're talking about buddy. Get a clue.

Last edited:

yes in my market the minimum for a single order is $3 and the minimum for a second order is $1.50

but if you are picking up both orders from the same restaurant and the drop offs aren’t more than a few miles apart, it’s better to take it.

plus two chances for tip. It’s more efficient. I’ve ended up making $20 before on a stacked order and put in a total of 20 minutes into it from accept to drop off second order and driven less than 3 miles total